Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

I don’t get what the joke is supposed to be here. Chuck’s feed and seed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilbas
Feb 1, 2011

make more threads

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

no

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chuck's Feed and Seed was the original store Sam Walton started with before changing the name to Walmart OP
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walmart

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You don't deserve this, OP, but for everyone else, here is a relevant combinatory image I got from the Simpsons meme thread:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

You don't deserve this, OP, but for everyone else, here is a relevant combinatory image I got from the Simpsons meme thread:

uhh wow. Mods?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Feed & Seed rhymes with Sneed.

gently caress & Suck rhymes with Chuck.

“feed & seed” can be a euphemism for a suck and gently caress.

It’s a great layered joke and shouldn’t need explanation unless English isn’t your first language op.

E:fb

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

pencilhands posted:

uhh wow. Mods?

Mods, please probate OP for looking in the spoiler, I made it clear that it was for other posters only.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The joke is that farmers would go to the same store for animal feed and seeds for crops.

Naturally animal feed is what most high yield farms produce in the first place. So why would farmers in such a region buy animal feed. It is an absurdity.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The joke is that Sneed is funny sounding name, probably not what you would want to use for the name of your business. They could have just kept it as Chuck which is a lot more normal, but they're dumb hicks who don't know any better.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oh look the neighborhood watch is here to report your post OP

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
The joke is that the seed and feed store had to be specified as formerly belonging to Chuck, however Chuck himself still worked there alongside Sneed so it's unclear how this would preserve the stores overall reputation for fine farm goods. Maybe they had extra paint and not much to do on a sunday afternoon? The possibilities are endless!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I had pretty good chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight, thanks for asking.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the joke is that they have a regular pick up truck, but their spare wheel that they keep behind the store is clearly from a wagon and wouldn't fit their truck. it's very subtle OP you have to be incredibly smart to get it.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
chuck used to own it before so it was 'chucks feed & seed' until sneed took over and renamed it 'sneeds feed & seed', and they wanted to let customers know its the same business under new management

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

satanic splash-back posted:

I had pretty good chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight, thanks for asking.

sounds delicious!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It is a joke about rural folk

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I can't decide if this is funnier than formerly chucks

I'm leaning toward yes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

Oh look the neighborhood watch is here to report your post OP

I tried to report it just cuz I think the OP is the worst poster in GBS right now but the hall monitor beat me to it already!!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Here you go OP, this is what it looked like before

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I tried to report it just cuz I think the OP is the worst poster in GBS right now but the hall monitor beat me to it already!!!!

Oh Harry......

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The joke is that Chuck wasn't very good at business

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's a funny coincidence that a shop called "Chuck's Seed and Feed" would be taken over by a guy named Sneed!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
megafuck the walton family

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

megafuck the walton family

:haibrower:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

dollar store wizard master strikes again :shopkeeper:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The joke is that it is a bad season episode, OP.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

it's an establishment called "sneed's feed and seed" that used to be a different business, which was called "chuck's". it is not a joke or a reference, op, it's simply informative, giving you a bit of local history. its called worldbuilding. we don't know whether chuck also sold feed and seed, or ran a different kind of business, because it's good to leave a little bit of mystery.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sneed is a funny name that's all. Imagine meeting someone called Sneed. That'd be funny.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you don't understand it now, then you never will.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's calling u a bitch

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
the font used in the sign is Futura BdCn

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

why do you exist

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

syntaxfunction posted:

Sneed is a funny name that's all. Imagine meeting someone called Sneed. That'd be funny.

Don't know any Sneeds, but I did meet a Sneederson, so at one point down their family line, they probably would of had a Sneed in their family. One generation before they came up with their sir name you'd think!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chuck had owned the feed store for over 20 years. It was his pride and joy. He loved the smell of the hay and the sound of the animals. But one day, he had a stroke of bad luck. A drought hit the area and he couldn't afford to keep the store open anymore.

He was forced to sell it to a man named Sneed. Sneed was a businessman who didn't care about the animals or the people who worked there. He only cared about making money.

Chuck was heartbroken as he watched Sneed take over his beloved store. But he knew that it was time to move on. He decided to retire and spend his days fishing by the lake.

Years later, Chuck heard that Sneed had gone bankrupt and had to sell the store. Chuck couldn't help but smile as he thought about how karma had caught up with Sneed.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
chuck used to sell cow tools

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

dee eight posted:

chuck used to sell cow tools

No wonder they went out of business. Cows need to spend most of their disposable income on grass.

Major stoners!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

another possibility is that chuck and sneed are the same person. chuck had the idea that if he changed his name to one that rhymed with feed and seed, it would stick in people's heads and help his business grow. at first he couldn't think of such a name, but then he just decided to make one up, and better yet he came up with a funny sounding one like "sneed", which is so provocative that it was featured in an episode of the simpsons and is still being discussed by the intelligentsia here today, a half century later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
i don't really understand humor so when something that I understand is supposed to be funny is on I just laugh non-stop until it leaves the screen as to not seem socially awkward