Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Beeftweeter posted:

how come the lady has huge nips but the guy doesn't have any at all

did they fall off

is that why hes making that face

his pants are too tight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Beeftweeter posted:

is that why hes making that face

He is making that face because his fetish is being crushed under a heavy weight and his shorts are too tight for his boner.

lol I mean christ you can see the under-helm on that thang, the cover artist was working his best here.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

FMguru posted:

thats the power of the forth programming language, friend

"but achmed" you say "what gets popped off the stack if it's empty?"

well, friend, now you know. be careful.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

NoneMoreNegative posted:

He is making that face because his fetish is being crushed under a heavy weight and his shorts are too tight for his boner.

lol I mean christ you can see the under-helm on that thang, the cover artist was working his best here.

lol yeah. total banana hammock

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Just a Moron posted:

I figured as much about the violent crime stuff, but regularly doing drug transactions on an electronic seems loving wild to me. How does that not come back to bite people in the rear end? I guess the panopticon in my head is more competent or more petty than the one in real life.

like five years ago, a friend of mine paid his weed guy via Venmo. chase eventually told the dealer to knock it off with the constant $40-80 deposits he was doing from Venmo, heavily implying they knew why.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Frankly, I should get in on the AI grift. These people are so loving stupid, I'm starting to wonder about whether they can climb stairs and chew gum at the same time.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Just a Moron posted:

I figured as much about the violent crime stuff, but regularly doing drug transactions on an electronic seems loving wild to me. How does that not come back to bite people in the rear end? I guess the panopticon in my head is more competent or more petty than the one in real life.

yeah it establishes more of a paper trail than cash, but it's only going to be an issue when you get caught or when one of your buyers gets caught, and then they can go through the logs to find out how much and with whom. and nobody in their early 20s dealing drugs has the foresight to think that through any farther than "just don't get caught"

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

mycrimes.txt: a few years ago i was the one in the friend group who knew where to get drugs so everyone would come to me. and i had to put a stop to it because the number of people who would hit me up on facebook messenger and then ask to pay me on venmo or some poo poo was unreal. people have absolutely zero intuition of how not to get busted. and it seems fine when it's just like selling to your buddy once but it has a way of becoming friends of friends of friends very quickly.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Whatever happened to be good or be good at it, smdh

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I was trying to buy weed with buttcoin in a London pub (getting increasingly frustrated with Coinbase's cooling off period), and the middle aged lady asking about the US just texted her nephew to bring by a £90 bag. The paranoid whatsapp dealer refused to accept anything but btc :goonsay:, his loss

The btc dropped in value right after the deposit cleared a week later

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

weed is legal so I just buy my weed from the weed store

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
the government sells weed here.

if you don't want to buy it from the government, you can also buy it from a reserve (afaik it's not legal to leave the reserve with it, but whatever)

e: a bunch of places with retail storefronts accepting credit card payments sell shrooms now too. this isn't legal, but there's no enforcement

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 25, 2023

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the only person i know who bought drugs with bitcoins was a goon who was buying poo poo off the darkweb and later got perma'd for doing some heinous poo poo with some of it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Analytic Engine posted:

I was trying to buy weed with buttcoin in a London pub (getting increasingly frustrated with Coinbase's cooling off period), and the middle aged lady asking about the US just texted her nephew to bring by a £90 bag. The paranoid whatsapp dealer refused to accept anything but btc :goonsay:, his loss

The btc dropped in value right after the deposit cleared a week later

source ur quotes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I assume in london 90 squids gets you a dime bag of dirt weed

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Analytic Engine posted:

The paranoid whatsapp dealer refused to accept anything but btc :goonsay:, his loss

untraceable cash? no, I want a permanent record of my transactions for the world to see

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

qirex posted:

I assume in london 90 squids gets you a dime bag of dirt weed

dry and weak

BMan posted:

untraceable cash? no, I want a permanent record of my transactions for the world to see

he said to use a bitcoin mixer. I tried bitcoin ATMs but the corner store refused to confirm they'd ever had one

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 25, 2023

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Just a Moron posted:

Whatever happened to be good or be good at it, smdh

it got replaced by "gently caress capitalism, go home"

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

infernal machines posted:

the government sells weed here.

if you don't want to buy it from the government, you can also buy it from a reserve (afaik it's not legal to leave the reserve with it, but whatever)

e: a bunch of places with retail storefronts accepting credit card payments sell shrooms now too. this isn't legal, but there's no enforcement

I gotta move to Canada

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Welp I hope they got paid decent for the spot

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

when I first moved to seattle I knew weed was legal but I didn't know all the little details around it, so when I went to the store and they said they accepted visa, I didn't think twice. as soon as I got back to my apartment, chase was calling asking if I just bought an amount of bitcoin that was suspiciously close to the amount of money the vape pen cost. I said "no I didn't buy any bitcoin" and they reversed the transaction. Now we just get cash back at the grocery store.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

this got linked in response and is a pretty darn good analogy for what these chatbots are:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jurijsks/status/1639896288085917700

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oh yeah thats a great essay

also for some reason i missed that it was written by ted chiang

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
not just pausing or shrinking but eliminating its entire metaverse division

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1640537971748118529

:rip:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
https://twitter.com/ben_downie/status/1640513195101294592?s=46&t=WVceeWcLlqXlE2y7eNkQ_Q

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

yeah no point when you probably need what 3 people max on epic’s account?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FMguru posted:

how did they have 50 people working on this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's the future, man

frankly it's surprising they only had 50 people working on it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

thats kind of a lot of people though!

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
2-3 people modeling dongs in unity, the other couple dozen exclusively sitting around on beanbag chairs, vaping, talking about how cryptocurrency is the future, and trying to scam each other into being an "early adopter" of novel cryptocurrencies

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
50 people in a large org isnt that much

3-4 small engineering teams, a couple artistes, plenty of middle managers, BAM youre done

mystes
May 31, 2006

50 versions of Shingy from different parallel dimensions

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I mean it's less than 1% of the people they're firing so...

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

3-4 small engineering teams, a couple artistes, plenty of middle managers, BAM youre done

yeah, one team per region or something along with biz dev folks for each

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you'll never light so much as a single billion on fire with 50 people so why bother

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

team a: merchandising integration
team b: marketing insights (eye tracking)
team c: legs?
team d: disney+ tie-in

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

i mean unless they were developing their own platform (which i doubt) it still seems like kind of a lot. disney already has a ton of artists and whatnot. it was probably all managers lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

team e: Virtual Pedro Pascal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean unless they were developing their own platform (which i doubt) it still seems like kind of a lot. disney already has a ton of artists and whatnot. it was probably all managers lol

50 people in a big org is like a minimum you need to do anything significant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

FMguru posted:

i heard it got shut down when a higher up found out that nobody on the team knew what a metaverse was other than just real life in vr but worse in every way