Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
so people who go to the gym during lunch break. wtf do you do wrt to both showers and clothes changes?

so in the morning you wake up and do the morning routine but no shower, maybe get the hair wet a bit so you can put in some gel then go to work. put on clean underwear and socks in the morning. then go to work for the first half of the day, go to the gym during lunch. shower after the gym (using gym clothes.) so then you put on a new pair of underwear socks and an undershirt. so on a gym day you end up going through THREE pairs of underwear (including gym underwear) plus two pairs of socks. is this right? it just seems so decadent. but i cant figure out a better way

this is ALSO a general shower and laundry advice thread, so if anyone has any questions about those topics, please share them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i don't exercise because I believe it depletes my limited life-force

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Idk I can't imagine going to the gym on my lunch like just would not be enough time to do anything meaningful but I guess if I did intend to I would

Shower as normal in the morning and pack full change of socks/panties/gymwear in my gym bag

Change into that before I work out

Shower at gym

Change back into my previous clothes for the rest of the day

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why would you need three pairs of underwear? Get sweaty in the ones you put on in the morning then fresh ones after the shower.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
exercise nude, then shower, then put on the previous clothes

but yeah, i used to shower in the morning, change into PT clothes, shower then put the same work clothes back on.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

long rear end lunch? like what are you gonna do in 30 mins or 45 or whatever

personally i shower at night usually and my workouts are 2-3 hour climbing sessions

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Goons don't shower

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe they're CEOs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Shower? drat near killed ’er!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
IMO the optimal strategy is start with yesterday's socks/underwear, exercise, shower, put on fresh clothes. You save on laundry and water at home.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Give your sweaty undies and socks a quick soak in the office bathroom sink, squeeze em out and you’re good to go op.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i have no need for clothes. i simply cover my body in many layers of cling film aka saran wrap. then at the end of a long and dirty day i can peel it off, revealing my smooth clean body underneath.

you can't see my willy or bumhole because i place a leaf over each before i wrap up.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

ELTON JOHN posted:

so people who go to the gym during lunch break. wtf do you do wrt to both showers and clothes changes?

so in the morning you wake up and do the morning routine but no shower, maybe get the hair wet a bit so you can put in some gel then go to work. put on clean underwear and socks in the morning. then go to work for the first half of the day, go to the gym during lunch. shower after the gym (using gym clothes.) so then you put on a new pair of underwear socks and an undershirt. so on a gym day you end up going through THREE pairs of underwear (including gym underwear) plus two pairs of socks. is this right? it just seems so decadent. but i cant figure out a better way

this is ALSO a general shower and laundry advice thread, so if anyone has any questions about those topics, please share them

Why would you need 3 pairs of underwear? Just freeball during your workout and put the same pre-workout undies back on. Also shower in the morning before you work

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
for Lunch Questions. i work 30-35 hours a week on my main gig and take two hour lunches

My Spirit Otter posted:

Why would you need 3 pairs of underwear? Just freeball during your workout and put the same pre-workout undies back on. Also shower in the morning before you work

so no shower after gym?!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Give your sweaty undies and socks a quick soak in the office bathroom sink, squeeze em out and you’re good to go op.

this is the kind of innovative thinking that will get you far in this firm

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
uh probably just go to gym -> change into clean workout shirt and sweatpants -> 5m shower to remove sweat -> back into original clothes?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Mozi posted:

uh probably just go to gym -> change into clean workout shirt and sweatpants -> 5m shower to remove sweat -> back into original clothes?

yeah why is it verboten to wear the clothes you took off. it's not like taking them off made them dirty. you'd have worn them all day otherwise right?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
it feels wrong to take off underwear and socks and then put them back on, especially after a shower

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

calssic goon struggling with basic daily life task type thread in gbs. tahnks op :thanks:

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Buce posted:

i don't exercise because I believe it depletes my limited life-force

I gather more life-force from the other guys at the gym, usually in the shower stall with the hole in the wall

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
so you shower at night then you put on new underwear after that shower. then you wake up and go to work with the underwear you slept in? then you change them after the lunch shower, and then again after the night shower? so it's still two pairs of underwear per day and three including the gym ones!! wtf

plus two showers!! decadent

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m a fat piece of poo poo op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ELTON JOHN posted:

so you shower at night then you put on new underwear after that shower. then you wake up and go to work with the underwear you slept in? then you change them after the lunch shower, and then again after the night shower? so it's still two pairs of underwear per day and three including the gym ones!! wtf

who said anything about underwear

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

shower and change clothing at the interval needed to stay clean and not stink and if you can’t figure that out on your own or with social cues then don’t bother op, you already stink and nothing will help you

silver lining is that anime and gaming cons will offer you safe haven when the rest of society turns its back on ya

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

3 pairs of underwear is just taco bell day OP.

naem
May 29, 2011

ELTON JOHN posted:

I had a tiny but affordable apt in a very expensive city that had a great job market, so my income and career progress was fine but I couldn’t afford to move anywhere else, and no laundry, I faced the above dilemma

like I could just go buy a washer dryer like the money is there, no where to put it

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Just find a gym that lets you exercise like the ancient Greeks. Problem solved op.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just take one big 45 minute shower in all my clothes every week and waffle stomp the crust nbd. :shrug:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

ELTON JOHN posted:

for Lunch Questions. i work 30-35 hours a week on my main gig and take two hour lunches

so no shower after gym?!

i assumed it was implied

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Just buy loads of underwear and socks. It's not expensive.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

I worked with a guy who would only wear socks once then threw them out

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

My Spirit Otter posted:

lili uzi vert always wears new white tshirts and they appear in his wardrobe and he doesnt know where they come from

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

a dishwasher that worked at a pizza joint with me ten years ago would buy a fresh white tee from the gas station every day to wear.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE
I fight a man in the street or his home and if I win then I take his wallet.
It's contents? A beautiful mystery.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So I just wanted to let everyone know that I am on a very strict showering schedule. And I know that you guys all have figured out how to avoid getting text messages while showering, but I am new to the iPhone, and text messaging systems. It really frustrates me when I hear an incoming text message right in the middle of a shower. Obviously I hate having to get out dripping wet, dry my hand off enough to check my phone, only to see it was something that could have waited, or something not really important at all? Tonight I was having a nice text conversation with someone (I won’t say who) and it seemed the conversation had wrapped up nicely. I thought 'Perfect, now I am on schedule for my shower' But as soon as I stepped in and was about to turn on the water I received another text from the same person. I just about lost my mind and didn’t even end up having a shower. It turns out the text message only said "How long you going for?” as if to continue the previous conversation. I’m sick and tired of never knowing how long before my shower is gonna be ruined each time I get naked and turn the taps on. I know people don’t do it on purpose but sometimes it feels like maybe they do.

HERE IS MY REGULAR SHOWER SCHEDULE. It only varies of course now depending on my Msgs.

Mon to Friday

9:04 am - 10:25 am
11:32 am - 12:44 pm
1: 35 pm - 1:38 pm (1:39 to be safe on this one)
2: 03pm - 2:59 pm
4:24 pm - 6:22 pm
8:26 pm - 8: 29 pm
9: 20 - 10: 04 pm
11: 46pm - 1:40 am

Weekends are the same except an additional shower at 3:33 pm to 4:01 pm.
However on Sundays I skip the 9:04 am shower so that’s a bonus time to text me.

I would appreciate it if everyone wrote these times down, before sending me a needless “what are you up to?” text message.
Unless it is an actual family emergency you are only wasting my shower time. And please please don’t call me when I’m showering! I’ve had that happen to me recently and it now has definitely gone way too far.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

My Spirit Otter posted:

doesn't floyd mayweather do this with boxer briefs?

he probably farts a hole through them

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ELTON JOHN posted:

I work out on my lunch breaks, but I also work outta the home op and my gym is also my office in the basement

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m a fat piece of poo poo op

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I dont give a gently caress, i leave at 530. My coworkers love the smell of my vile and wretched ghoulish frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

flubber nuts posted:

a dishwasher that worked at a pizza joint with me ten years ago would buy a fresh white tee from the gas station every day to wear.

You can buy clothes at the gas station?