Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
https://sports.yahoo.com/weights-in-fish-fisherman-plead-guilty-to-felony-cheating-charge-203337633.html

Have you seen this poo poo about the two dummies who got caught cheating in fishing competitions?

They were stuffing the fish they caught with frozen fish so there would be more fish and they would have the heaviest fish and win a lot of fishing money but they got caught because their fish were obviously too heavy for the size and also they were only guys who wouldn't donate their winning fish to food banks lmao

Anyways now they are gonna be doing time for fish crime :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let me just state for the record that I, Smugworth, official candidate for GBS moderator in 2023, have never cheated in a fishing competition

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Let me just state for the record that I, Smugworth, official candidate for GBS moderator in 2023, have never cheated in a fishing competition

Something about this claim is awfully fishy.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I like to eat fish it is a very healthy meat

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"The two fishermen were instructed to leave the tournament as the other anglers grew uneasy."

if you watch the original video they clearly wanted to beat the crap out of them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sounds like a real fishy situation op. I’m glad those two chums got caught hook line and sinker.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I hope they fry

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Growing up people always wish they could be one of those cool cats who have careers committing fish crimes, but these two lads actually went and did it.

I say the judge should let them go free, just so they can continue to be an inspiration to us all.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mozi posted:

"The two fishermen were instructed to leave the tournament as the other anglers grew uneasy."

if you watch the original video they clearly wanted to beat the crap out of them

The article really downplays the extent of the crimes and ton of the crowd because they were only caught in this one circumstances. These guys have won millions over the last decade in finishing competitions with unusually large fish for the area. It’s suspected that they cheated on most of those competitions.

This was a massive and blatant scam they were running.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Saltpowered posted:

The article really downplays the extent of the crimes and ton of the crowd because they were only caught in this one circumstances. These guys have won millions over the last decade in finishing competitions with unusually large fish for the area. It’s suspected that they cheated on most of those competitions.

See, how cool are fish mobsters! They know what's up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Law and Order: FCU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve been using this same tactic for years to embellish my dick pics

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that video where they got caught was funny as hell. angriest crowd of fishermen i've ever seen.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Saltpowered posted:

I don't know if cooking shows have lied to me but isn't it really easy to tell if a fish has been frozen or dead for awhile?

Seems like something you'd catch pretty easily eventually if these guys had been suspected for years

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If cheating in a fishing competition is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Deki posted:

I don't know if cooking shows have lied to me but isn't it really easy to tell if a fish has been frozen or dead for awhile?

Seems like something you'd catch pretty easily eventually if these guys had been suspected for years

Ya, or like, cut them open and check for weights??

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Deki posted:

The fish were fresh though that was the scam. They didnt just go get huge fish elsewhere and then bring them in. They caught fish during the competition and stuffed them with weights and fillets so that they weighed far more than when caught.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Hm seems like these guys are putting weights in fish what could we do to check for that jim?

Not sure joe, not sure at all. Better give em back that fish along with the giant novelty cheque

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That was real crappie of them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They need to start x-raying the fish before they award prizes.

Or metal detectoring them.

Or fisting them.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hah I think this is the result of this amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsVAu5iDzc&t=874s

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Stuffing your fresh fish with frozen fish is the advanced version of filling moms vodka bottle back up with water

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I did 6 years for using my phone in a pub quiz.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lucky you didn't lose an eye to a glassing. Pub quizzes are extremely serious business.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Chrs posted:

I did 6 years for using my phone in a pub quiz.

you got off easy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

as an avid fish competition (?) follower, let me say i'm shocked and dismayed that my hero's are cheats

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The local paper I would get a free copy of (back when we actually went into the office) used to have angling results in the sports section. Lots of interesting faced men proudly holding a trout.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

goatface posted:

Lucky you didn't lose an eye to a glassing. Pub quizzes are extremely serious business.

I'm the group of 8 that doesnt even drink just shows up to smoke everyone else just having fun

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i had an amazing fish+chips while in the UK but it gave me horrific diarrhea later that day

i regret nothing

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Colonel Cancer posted:

Law and Order: FCU

The kids swim in the stream during mating season. They call it milting.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bad Purchase posted:

i’ve been using this same tactic for years to embellish my dick pics

also can regrow foreskin if you're into that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

GoutPatrol posted:

also can regrow foreskin if you're into that

how much foreskin and where does it grow?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

how much foreskin and where does it grow?

Weirdest line from Kindergarten Cop

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
This is while you always clam up when getting questioned but no one teaches that in schools

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Konar posted:

Hah I think this is the result of this amazing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdsVAu5iDzc&t=874s

lol the MC in the most unbelievably pissed voice, "WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH! :mad:"

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I wonder if these guys got in more trouble for stuffing fish with weights than the guy who stuffed a fish with his dong :thunk:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lmao if you aren’t at least mid-six figures in boat debt

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I wonder if these guys got in more trouble for stuffing fish with weights than the guy who stuffed a fish with his dong :thunk:

I remember when ralp banned all those people who reposted a picture of a guy putting his dick in a fish

And now so do you

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

"WE GOT WEIGHTS IN FISH!" followed by the immediate uproar of the crowd was pure art. Definitely the second-best example that month of people cheating in competitions by stuffing things inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Smugworth posted:

Mods can we get OP's name changed to "I, Smugworth" please?