Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

OK look I didn't actually read this article because reading is for nerds, but it looks like Panera is going to start accepting via Amazon palm scanner. Maybe this is the latest salvo on a war against consumer privacy, or maybe they are just trying to build a comprehensive database of wine moms.

I plan on overreacting to this news, but I'm not sure exactly how, so I would appreciate any thoughts that GBS has on this matter.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/28/1166213758/amazon-one-panera-palm-scanner-privacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Time for a conspiracy forum. We need a place like a gangster’s mansion where we can discuss AI brain hacking our bowel systems, play Illuminati Card Game and sip Hennessy with the g’s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panera blows

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

this is irrelevant because only the weak and the stupid would ever eat at Panera

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Maybe they should work on making their lovely food edible again instead of this FUCKIN BULLSHIT. The only “palm” they’re gonna get from me is a drat SLAP CROSS THE MOUTH

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

this is irrelevant because only the weak and the stupid would ever eat at Panera

There's a video of Sam Hyde eating at Panera bread... drat you up for a fight challenge cuz eating at Panera deserves a beat down :stare:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like tuna salads at Panera

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Go up to that counter and take a poo poo right next to it like it were Hilary Clinton

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

These big companies are like "oops our CEO clicked an email for hot milfs in your area and we lost everyone's personal info" on a yearly basis at this point

Lmao at you giving them your fingerprints

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

A lot of people ITT are badmouthing Panera, but sometimes you just want to overpay for bland food that is improbably unhealthy.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A lot of people ITT are badmouthing Panera, but sometimes you just want to overpay for bland food that is improbably unhealthy.

Tuna salad at Panera

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

that g ova there posted:

Time for a conspiracy forum. We need a place like a gangster’s mansion where we can discuss AI brain hacking our bowel systems, play Illuminati Card Game and sip Hennessy with the g’s

Sounds like you are looking for Donda Academy. It was founded by Kanye West, only costs $15,000 per year and they don't seem too strict about admissions, so I think it will serve that purpose.

Not sure how they feel about bagel sandwiches though.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The one on the bottom is literally just big pepperonis and mozzarella cheese

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

All my data comes from a chip in my dick and you have to suck out the information

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

All my data comes from a chip in my dick and you have to suck out the information

Talk about microchip

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I like how a Cheeky Nandos was a thing, a dry inedible piece of white meat

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

PinheadSlim posted:

The one on the bottom is literally just big pepperonis and mozzarella cheese

One in the middle lookin aight

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

i would prefer to pay via taintprint

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

One in the middle lookin aight

Yum, steamed salad greens.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Piss Creep posted:

Tomatoes n cheese is hard 2 gently caress up

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
I'm saving myself for the biometric balls scanner, sorry Panera.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Tomatoes n cheese is hard 2 gently caress up

Its got that spinch stuff in it.

Should have been replaced by pineabble or avocado

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

what do you normally order?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Piss Creep posted:

never had a panini with garden veggies on it before? give it a try

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I woke up in a new panera

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

what do you normally order?

:pwn:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

bossy lady posted:

i would prefer to pay via taintprint

Do you know that the CIA can identify people by the heat signatures given off by their taints? These heat signatures which are unique to each individual and can be detected using specially equipped infrared cameras. Heard it on Joe Rogan.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I hope the palm reader straps onto the cashier's face so I can slap a hoe and get a sandwich

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I have no idea what kind of food this place sells. Sandwiches I guess, since it's called Bread? Is it a toast and breadstick store? I guess I'll never care to find out.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The last time I ate at a Panera my sandwich had this really weird bread that sucked. Surprised they’ve found a way to be worse.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TheMightyBoops posted:

The last time I ate at a Panera my sandwich had this really weird bread that sucked. Surprised they’ve found a way to be worse.

Did u try to eat it with ur anus??

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Biometrics are such a lovely and dumb security measure. You can only get one of each type for life, and its something that is easily obtainable by malicious actors.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Simon Phoenix posted:

Biometrics are such a lovely and dumb security measure. You can only get one of each type for life, and its something that is easily obtainable by malicious actors.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

im gonna put my butt on the palm scanner

can't stop me

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love it when dumb babies are like "oh no capitalism is gonna take over our lives" like lol it already has. Every moment of your life from birth to death is spent worrying and obsessing over the value of everything EVEN YOUR TIME and you never do abutting you really want to do because you gotta go to work because you gotta get your car fixed so you can go to work so you can make enough money to eat lunch at work so you can buy a piece of art to stare at for 5 minutes on your lunch break at work!!!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Last time I got a sandwich at Panera it was just a ball of gristly turkey in the center of soggy wheat bread next to a slice of brown avocado and rubbery bacon. 11 fuckin dollars.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Last time I got a sandwich at Panera it was just a ball of gristly turkey in the center of soggy wheat bread next to a slice of brown avocado and rubbery bacon. 11 fuckin dollars.

Did you try eating it with ur anus

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I eat at Panera once in a while.

I'm disappointed every time.

Ira disappointment wrapped between two chalky breads

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
you know i got loving problems around here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Im hungry asf.... could go for a panera.... tuna.... salad....