Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
superior choices only
yoshotography
yosotography
yostography
yosography
yosgraphy
yosraphy
View Results

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

PokeJoe posted:

I guess more like the 2nd one

it's still the same curve as in the comparison, i just lowered the highlights a bit to -50% and the contrast went to -35%. i think before that i had it at -50% also, but that looks kinda washed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
this is with changing the color temperature on the highlights and shadows

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Hey that's pretty good, thanks. His orangeness is more correct

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Here's a bonus pic of that giant blob

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Hey that's pretty good, thanks. His orangeness is more correct

no prob. the original being a jpeg limits what's possible somewhat but if you have the raw then that should give you some ideas

PokeJoe posted:

Here's a bonus pic of that giant blob

good dog

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Here's my take, I played with curves to get a better black point, then upped brightness, contrast and highlights to get the highlights where I wanted them, then back to curves to reset a black point and another little bump to highlights to make the whites pop and bring the left eye out more

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ran through a short roll through my Minolta V2 for testing and boy, what a great little camera with a lovely lens.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fig 1. forest cat, taken through window (double-paned UV filter)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Megabound posted:

Ran through a short roll through my Minolta V2 for testing and boy, what a great little camera with a lovely lens.

nice shots. glad you’re enjoying the camera

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

fig 1. forest cat, taken through window (double-paned UV filter)

cat camo

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

i'm learning how to process digital photos after a decade of shooting only film, it's not too bad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool photo bruv

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

whoa

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hope people don't mind me bragging too much but I had a victory yesterday:

In the break room at work, someone out of the blue said "hey echi your photo page is awesome" and I said "you mean, the photos I take?" and she said yes. and then she told me about how she was "showing off" to someone else that she knew this dude (me) who took all these photos.

I was stoked, and it really out of left field which made it good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that’s cool. i’d be proud too.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

In the break room at work, someone out of the blue said "hey echi your photo page is awesome" and I said "you mean, the photos I take?" and she said yes. and then she told me about how she was "showing off" to someone else that she knew this dude (me) who took all these photos.

that's great :) it's weird when people recognize you from your work and not the other way around. real bizarre at first

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

once a hot girl at work told me she saw me on the internet, winning some free money at bar trivia. she was impressed by my drinking skills obviously

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

that's great :) it's weird when people recognize you from your work and not the other way around. real bizarre at first

oh! not that famous yet, we know each other, just she must have seen my instagram some time and realised my photos are primo

President Beep posted:

that’s cool. i’d be proud too.

thanks man

PokeJoe posted:

once a hot girl at work told me she saw me on the internet, winning some free money at bar trivia. she was impressed by my drinking skills obviously

she was impressed with your sausage

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bellows lugosi posted:

i'm learning how to process digital photos after a decade of shooting only film, it's not too bad

good poo poo slept on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that sunset light drat it's good. and fuckkk that bokeh huh

e: that's my haircut too

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 25, 2023

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i like it because the guy on his shirt looks like he’s trying to dunk a giant football

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that guy? he was michael jordan. and everyone clapped

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i didnt know michael jordan only has 3 fingers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This isn't my best dog portrait but I'm happy with the edit because it was so dark in there

this was sooc

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’ve been such a poo poo gently caress about not taking pictures lately. god i suck!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:same:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

qirex posted:

This isn't my best dog portrait but I'm happy with the edit because it was so dark in there

this was sooc

just a slight nitpick but i would rotate it counterclockwise very slightly to make it straight

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i loaned my camera to a friend so she could see if photography was something she wanted to waste a fuckton of money on pursue and ever since then i’ve reeeeeaaaaallllllly wanted to go for walks and take pictures :mad:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

:shepface:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

this one came out way better imo

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

get this: they're both nice

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the b&w really brings out the mood of the distant buildings being lost in the clouds

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

both are nice, but i like the b&w one better than the color one

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

[url="https://i.imgur.com/tnkqoqb.jpg"][/url

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

great contrast as usual

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is my favourite picture of yours that you’ve posted

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

This photo confuses my brain in a good way.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thanks kindly!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Megabound posted:

Thanks kindly!

this is great

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
got a 150mm f/2.8 large format lens :2bong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
f2.8? drat, all my lf stuff is f5.6 or slower. what size film are you shooting?