Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines posted:

i guess not everyone can just cut to a cockatoo

2001: The Bob Guccione Edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah marvel is now a film studio with a few small cross-media initiatives attached

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

perlmutter wasn't relevant to this at all. they had already taken him away from marvel studios and he was only in charge of marvel entertainment, which is a tiny division that is essentially just marvel comics and their licensing stuff

it's still fiege taking over and having to untangle whatever the gently caress he was doing with the comics and video games in addition to the majors stuff

anyway it's strange that Majors' ties are being cut so quickly while WB is still all in on erza miller wonder what the difference is

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

also the correct JW order is 2 > 1 = 4 > 3

the enter the dragon homage got that many points from you? because that's definitely the weakest film for me

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

it's still fiege taking over and having to untangle whatever the gently caress he was doing with the comics and video games in addition to the majors stuff

anyway it's strange that Majors' ties are being cut so quickly while WB is still all in on erza miller wonder what the difference is

i can't find anything saying where marvel entertainment will end up, but i would personally really be surprised if it ends up under marvel studios. publishing periodicals is an entirely different business than making movies and Disney has plenty of publishing wings that would make much more sense

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

free market in the holodecks quark

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

KidDynamite posted:

the enter the dragon homage got that many points from you? because that's definitely the weakest film for me

it had common therefore the best

also the ancient roman nightclub fight was one of the best in the series, :discourse:

i liked all the characters in that one, good and bad, and thats the one they really introduce the ridiculous self serious underground universe

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i do like the hard boiled sequence of fast and furious 7. i was extremely here for it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
picard s03e07:

e: lol better gif

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 30, 2023

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they just won't stop

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

lol, people who perfectly understand what is compelling about star trek in charge every time

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

wow future san francisco looks a lot like vancouver but with a digitally composited transamerica pyramid and golden gate bridge

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
otoh:
https://twitter.com/TrondyNewman/status/1641514936210952192

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wow future san francisco looks a lot like vancouver but with a digitally composited transamerica pyramid and golden gate bridge

the most unrealistic thing in trek is that Marin county allows dense urban development

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

apparently in 400 1200 years san francisco will be vancouver

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 30, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh this has been a while coming, someone in tviv knows someone that works on the nutrek productions. the academy show is currently set in the 32nd century lol

it was originally supposed to star mary wiseman (tilly on discovery) but if they didn't announce her as being attached then maybe she's not

i wouldn't say tawny newsome being in the writer's room is a good thing either. she's not a writer on lower decks, just a voice actor, and whenever they do writing it's usually pretty bad. that said i actually don't know if she is any good, and it can't really be any worse than the current crop of ex-discovery writers, but i'm not hopeful

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

oh this has been a while coming, someone in tviv knows someone that works on the nutrek productions. the academy show is currently set in the 32nd century lol

it was originally supposed to star mary wiseman (tilly on discovery) but if they didn't announce her as being attached then maybe she's not

i wouldn't say tawny newsome being in the writer's room is a good thing either. she's not a writer on lower decks, just a voice actor, and whenever they do writing it's usually pretty bad. that said i actually don't know if she is any good, and it can't really be any worse than the current crop of ex-discovery writers, but i'm not hopeful

setting it 1200 years in the future would let them do some really wild stuff with the federation and earth. naturally, i expect this opportunity will be squandered

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

plate tectonics, baby

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

apparently that showrunner previously did "nancy drew" so yeah this is probably gonna be pretty terrible

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
pls renew the orville

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

chernobyl is really really good yall. i was gonna watch 2 episodes last night but then only watched one. that's my story thanks for reading. like and subscribe for more achmed info

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah it was really obvious when they did the "tilly leads a bunch of cadets on an away mission" episode that they were laying ground for an eventual spinoff

tbh if there's going to be multiple star treks in production i really don't have a problem with one of them being a starfleet academy show, my beef has always been with the dumbass idea of "kirk, spock, and mccoy all met at starfleet academy at the same time and became best bros there because we're a bunch of dipshit dorks who are brain-poisoned by comic book writing and need to concoct a grand ~~*~origin story~*~~ for every main character"

but since this is going to be in the 32nd century then there won't be any of that poo poo so whatever

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Achmed Jones posted:

chernobyl is really really good yall. i was gonna watch 2 episodes last night but then only watched one. that's my story thanks for reading. like and subscribe for more achmed info

hell yeah looking forward to more posts.

i love the scene from the second episode where the plant manager tries to bullshit the politburo guy about the graphite on the roof, and the minister instantly knows these guys have hosed up big time and says "now there you made a mistake, because i know concrete, and that ain't concrete"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

hell yeah looking forward to more posts.

i love the scene from the second episode where the plant manager tries to bullshit the politburo guy about the graphite on the roof, and the minister instantly knows these guys have hosed up big time and says "now there you made a mistake, because i know concrete, and that ain't concrete"

hell yes! that guy (scherbina) is great, the lady is great, the miners are super-great, and the radiation deaths are gruesome and _not at all great_. legasov is good, too, don't get me wrong, but he's just _good_. not great. it's so rare that i get to watch something that's entertaining, and artistically good, and i feel like i'm learning something. it's gonna be a bummer when it's over ngl

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah it was really obvious when they did the "tilly leads a bunch of cadets on an away mission" episode that they were laying ground for an eventual spinoff

tbh if there's going to be multiple star treks in production i really don't have a problem with one of them being a starfleet academy show, my beef has always been with the dumbass idea of "kirk, spock, and mccoy all met at starfleet academy at the same time and became best bros there because we're a bunch of dipshit dorks who are brain-poisoned by comic book writing and need to concoct a grand ~~*~origin story~*~~ for every main character"

but since this is going to be in the 32nd century then there won't be any of that poo poo so whatever

this group of writers will probably find some way to do it anyway, they can't help themselves. the ones that aren't from disco are fresh off picard

which, actually may be the point, if those chucklefucks are quarantined to a CW show then i'm not going to let its existence bother me. i'm slightly worried about them being able to influence tawny newsome and by extension possibly write something on lower decks though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they will find a way, apparently if you don't constantly mention characters and events from other works in the franchise people will forget it's star trek entirely

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

and if it wasn't clear, picard s03e07 was really loving terrible lol. it goes so hard off the rails that my immediate take was literally "what the hell was that" :kstare:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i wish there was a way to stop your posting from being renewed!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol always can enjoy someone sticking the boot into a terrible movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07PDIjbXT4

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

i watched some interviews w/ her and she seems to actually be a star trek fan, which is better than anyone working on the live action stuff. im not getting my hopes up. generally actors in the writers room is a terrible idea.

setting it 1200 years in the future would let them do some really wild stuff with the federation and earth. naturally, i expect this opportunity will be squandered

its almost certainly 1200 years in the future because they think the current stuff is "tainted" by legacy fan expectations

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

I'm in vancouver right now and frankly it cant happen fast enough for me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah tawny comes across as pretty cool in interviews and she's pretty good in some of the improv clips i've seen too. i'm not really worried about her writing dumb poo poo, the concept is bad enough already and she's now just one writer in a room full of ones from discovery

i just hope she doesn't get caught up in it and as a result starts putting influence on lower decks to be similar. this seems like an excellent opportunity to quarantine all of the bad writers into one bad show, and i'm assuming the show will be bad

the setting is when it is because the disco people legitimately think that it's a good setting (i.e. the federation is rebuilding itself in the future and someone wants to destroy it and the rest of the galaxy, again). it's a CW-rear end premise being run by people responsible for multiple literal CW shows, let the bad stuff live there so we never have to think about it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

it's one of the shows worth savoring and digesting. it'd be tempting to watch a few at a time and worth it not to rush

heck, i'm thinking it's time for a rewatch now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

I'm in vancouver right now and frankly it cant happen fast enough for me

it's ok. Costs too much

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You can eat horse meat in Canada, give it a try

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

neigh

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's good

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I just went to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon at the local revival theatre. what a fuckin sick movie! they truly don't make em like that anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

it's ok. Costs too much

yeah good things tend to do that