Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Like what the gently caress just be nice to people. We're all trapped on this ball, man. Why are people so mean? Why aren't people nicer to each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Like what the gently caress just be nice to people. We're all trapped on this ball, man. Why are people so mean? Why aren't people nicer to each other?

Because we're fighting over the table scraps of the incomprehensibly wealthy to survive.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Give me your loving wallet.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hey OP... you stink! :xd:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Because I am a big angry meanie, OP.

That’s a lie. I’m really a big softie :kiddo:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Buy me resident evil 4 remake on steam OP then I'll be nice to you.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm only mean to people when they're dicks op

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Because we are the descendants of the people that cracked open the skulls of the nice people and ate their bone marrow for precious calories.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Buy me resident evil 4 remake on steam OP then I'll be nice to you.

But I already gave you my wallet.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

because gently caress You. That's why!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
It's really inconvenience and the personal benefit is questionable with the downsides being probably significant as evidenced by society.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 30, 2023

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
its because people from massachusetts are such tremendous loving douchebags. it reverberates throughout the nation

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

It's really inconvenience and the personal benefit is questionable with the downsides being almost being probably significant as evidenced by society.

I feel inconvenienced by reading this post

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm trying, OP.

I have a naturally peevish and sarcastic nature and often find myself feeling bad looking back on interactions where I could have been more compassionate or patient with others.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Because we confuse being a raging rear end in a top hat with having any semblance of control.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sometimes it just feels straight up wrong to be nice

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Ugly people need to be mean to beautiful people to enter heaven

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a car with AZ plates cut me off this morning and i gave them the finger out the window

gently caress em OP

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Ugly people need to be mean to beautiful people to enter heaven

Beautiful people all go to hell though, for driving so many others to lust.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Beautiful people all go to hell though, for driving so many others to lust.

Correct

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
you just gotta be an rear end in a top hat 110% and then you break through on the other side, it's how things work

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

you just gotta be an rear end in a top hat 110% and then you break through on the other side, it's how things work

GBS isn't therapy, buy yeah. Kinda

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

GBS isn't therapy, buy yeah. Kinda

stuff it you dweebus, eat my shorts!

It's working and you don't even know it.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
thought is the enemy of action. be the change you want to see in the world

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

everyone is full of microplastics and it’s making our brains and skeletons and muscles go berserk collectively, op

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

stuff it you dweebus, eat my shorts!

It's working and you don't even know it.

Of course I don't know. How would I know your experience?

zone
Dec 6, 2016
If anyone knew that answer, we'd long since have collectively moved past the general pettiness and combativeness people with a chip on their shoulder direct at others to feel better about themselves.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I know the answer but I'm not gonna share it with you dumbasses

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Because I assume ungenerous things about others

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Insecurities rule our egos, OP

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

vibe entropy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I heard a story on NPR about this very topic, and it turns out we don't join clubs anymore. The Internet Makes You Stupid - and anti-social.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

I know it sounds crazy but I have a pet theory that covid infection has made people more of an rear end in a top hat, or stupider, or both

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

Insecurities rule our egos, OP

Yeah it's this.

Still haven't gotten my copy of RE4 remake on steam OP.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We're actually really nice to each other when you're not around, OP. People are mean to you and carry out elaborate charades of being mean to each other when you're around in order to gently caress with you.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

It’s hard to imagine why someone is a certain way without accepting that people think fundamentally different than one another. Our behaviors don’t have much rational behind them, except that we developed them because they had some benefit for our survival and evolution as a species.

We do have a moral compass that seems to work more or less depending on who you are, but we have different standards. Some would say equity gets too much attention, and we should practice personal accountability instead.

So I’d say our differences, any maybe how easily sociopathy can be learned, is how people aren’t nice. People explode into anger and do crazy things, because in the end we’re animals, and still have all those uncivilized behaviors in us.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Because I'm better than you

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it would be mean of me to be nice to you, it wouldn’t prepare you for what’s to come

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i think if we gave each other mutual handjobs it would make us nicer and more hygienic people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think people are more dehumanized now with the internet and also driving makes people turn into maniacs for some reason. These are the most common places I see people doing mean things. I also think a lot of people are very entitled and think the world revolves around them and they throw a poo poo fit when it doesn't turn out that way and they take it out on people who have no control over it like the cashier at Walmart that just wants to do their job and not get screamed about due to the mandatory self check out or whatever.