Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pizza and fried chicken

The two best day old foods. Sometimes you just wanna get up first thing in the morning and enjoy a piece or two of fried chicken straight from the bucket that was left out overnight. Put pieces of that cold fried chicken in a Caesar salad if you’re feeling fancy. poo poo’s dope. Chicken tenders work just the same.

Also, luv 2 eat cold morning-after pizza after the grease has had time to saturate the box :yum: something about day old cold pizza just makes it taste better. The toppings get saltier or something, or maybe it’s the cheese; I dunno :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

You Are A Elf posted:

Pizza and fried chicken

The two best day old foods. Sometimes you just wanna get up first thing in the morning and enjoy a piece or two of fried chicken straight from the bucket that was left out overnight. Put pieces of that cold fried chicken in a Caesar salad if you’re feeling fancy. poo poo’s dope. Chicken tenders work just the same.

Also, luv 2 eat cold morning-after pizza after the grease has had time to saturate the box :yum: something about day old cold pizza just makes it taste better. The toppings get saltier or something, or maybe it’s the cheese; I dunno :iiam:

fried chicken for sure, leave it out for a day. still delicious

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

lasagna. the one I make is actually made the day before and then sits overnight to sop it all up.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

Cum?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Biohazard posted:

lasagna. the one I make is actually made the day before and then sits overnight to sop it all up.

Oh, hell yeah. Cold lasagna is the tits.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
gotta mention fried rice

i guess thinking about it the entire generic chinese place menu

also not really burgers but any type of specialty sandwich served warm is still satisfying out of the fridge. like those chicken bourbon sandwiches every mom n pop grill around here serves, corned beef, phillies, etc

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 30, 2023

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Plain Arby’s roast beefs and cheese only soft shell beef tacos (Taco Bell only)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
leftover chinese food the next morning

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
collards

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Pizza isn't better when it's a day old and cold, it just seems that way because it's there

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Biohazard posted:

seconding cold lasagna.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Day old lasagna is better. But eating it cold? What the gently caress.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
ice cream

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

revenge

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Devils Affricate posted:

Pizza isn't better when it's a day old and cold, it just seems that way because it's there

wrong
wrong
wrong

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Chili

Edit lol i only read the next day part somehow my bad. I have eaten cold chili before though but i would not say it is better than hot.

I'm going to agree with Chinese food which probably is also gross to some people but haters gonna hate

Dixville fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 30, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cold pizza is trash, just heat it up.

Fried, smoked and rotisserie chicken are all pretty good though

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dixville posted:

Chili

Edit lol i only read the next day part somehow my bad. I have eaten cold chili before though but i would not say it is better than hot.

I'm going to agree with Chinese food which probably is also gross to some people but haters gonna hate

"Chinese food" casts a pretty wide net

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sushi, especially all the raw bits. It's mmm-mm good for clearing out your bowels

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Pudding is pretty good cold

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Icecream :)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SilvergunSuperman posted:

"Chinese food" casts a pretty wide net

lol OK

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao!! :hfive:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wasn't sure if you were scolding the thread for not specifically saying "western style Chinese takeaway" or suggesting that Chinese people will eat anything they can catch please clarify.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Pizza and fried chicken

Are you that floor pizza goblin woman?

No hot food is better cold the next day IMO, though if I'm hungry enough and feeling lazy enough and the fridge is pretty empty, I've been known to eat pizza cold. Seems to work a whole lot better when the pizza is really good. Cold boiled eggs are good in a sandwich. Cold chicken is still delicious (and also great in sandwiches).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ham and turkey

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
leftover hot dogs and brats from the cookout

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Rice is best a day old and at room temperature LEGAL DISCLAIMER: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EAT ROOM TEMPERATURE RICE THAT HAS BEEN LEFT OUT ON THE COUNTER FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME. YOU COULD DIE!

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Chicken Cutlets, straight from the fridge wrapped in a paper towel to hold while you nom over the sink

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Gazpacho

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Chinatown posted:

leftover chinese food the next morning

Got some in the fridge right now from last night gonna be a good lunch

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i love my food thats been sitting out all night in the danger flavor zone

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
My question is that for Chinese food, what are you supposed to do with the old rice? Usually by the next day it's all dried out and not fun to eat.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Floodixor posted:

My question is that for Chinese food, what are you supposed to do with the old rice? Usually by the next day it's all dried out and not fun to eat.

Shove it in your gaping maw anyway

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Lapskaus (lobscouse) is really good after spending the night in the fridge.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Does "left out" mean something different to other people or is leaving perishable food unrefrigerated overnight and then eating it a thing people do?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Shove it in your gaping maw anyway

I guess fried rice is less prone to drying out vs white rice and if I'm eating Chinese food in the morning, yeah it'll be more a gaping maw situation and not "oh let's make a nice breakfast". I might not even be wearing pants in a gaping maw scenario

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

a lot of curries are better the next day but i prefer to heat them back up instead of eating them cold or room temperature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
mix the old rice into the leftover eggdrop soup for a nice breakfast porridge