Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ratmobile has evolved to RATmobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rootmobile

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that brief shining moment when bruce wayne sourced his batmobiles from tesla

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/yupthtexists/status/1641102217884098561?s=20

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ComplicatedDistantIbadanmalimbe-mobile.mp4

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Wonder how many years it would take for that to fix the amount of carbon that went into its production

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
how does that even work if its in a giant enclosure?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh the tweet thread has a link with a tiny amount of info

quote:

In a remarkable new innovation, Serbian scientists have developed what they are calling “liquid trees.” This invention, which uses nanotechnology to create a liquid substance that mimics the properties of wood, has the potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries, from construction to energy production.

The team of researchers, based at the University of Belgrade, created the liquid trees by using cellulose nanofibers, which are incredibly small fibers found in plant cell walls.

By processing these fibers into a liquid form, the scientists were able to create a substance that has many of the same properties as natural wood, including high strength and toughness.

that, uh, answers nothing? how does that mimic wood? lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

It sounds like whoever wrote that might have confused two different things or something? I'm not sure where the "cellulose nanofibers" part came from.

https://www.euronews.com/2021/12/07/this-liquid-tree-in-belgrade-is-fighting-back-against-air-pollution

quote:

Belgrade has an innovative tool in the fight against dirty air - this so-called "liquid tree".

It's Serbia's first urban photo-bioreactor, a solution for tackling greenhouse gas emissions and improving air quality.

It contains six hundred litres of water and uses microalgae to bind carbon dioxide and produce pure oxygen through photosynthesis.

“The microalgae replaces two, 10-year-old trees or 200 square metres of lawn," said Dr Ivan Spasojevic, one of the authors of the project from the Institute for Multidisciplinary Research at the University of Belgrade.

"The system is the same because both trees and grass perform photosynthesis and bind carbon dioxide.

mystes fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 29, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

It sounds like whoever wrote that might have confused two different things or something?

https://www.euronews.com/2021/12/07/this-liquid-tree-in-belgrade-is-fighting-back-against-air-pollution

yeah i guess so. that makes more sense, but i still don't see how it'd work inside of a big glass tank

mystes
May 31, 2006

After looking at a bunch of photos and a video, I think maybe the cut out text that says "LIQUID 3" is actually an opening to allow ventilation but I'm not 100% sure.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
microalgae for carbon sequestration is a real thing (or at least is being tried seriously), but you tend to do it in a desert near the coast, where there is a tonne of sunlight and seawater available but you can't grow plants. hard to see what the advantage is here over just having some trees. there are even actual trees in those photos!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i don't doubt that its a real thing, the concept makes sense to me, i just don't see how it'd work without ventilation

i guess like mystes said the logo could be a cutout or something but that doesn't seem like a lot of surface area

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's probably a bubbler pumping air through, because nothing says "eco friendly" like burning coal to make your carbon capture doohickey work.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i thought the article about liquid wood sounded like ai generated nonsense so i went to google bard to see if it might lie something up for me

...but it was actually surprisingly helpful, assuming this is accurate anyway (yeah yeah big assumption):

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i thought the article about liquid wood sounded like ai generated nonsense so i went to google bard to see if it might lie something up for me

...but it was actually surprisingly helpful, assuming this is accurate anyway (yeah yeah big assumption):

lignin balls lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Midjack posted:

lignin balls lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you gotta go see Dragan

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The guy who sells potions in lut gholein?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The guy who sells potions in lut gholein?
Ask, and learn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ASUS ROG X ACRONYM Portable Tablet

https://hypebeast.com/2023/3/acronym-asus-rog-flow-z13-acrnm-rmt02

:thunk:

edit:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 31, 2023

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lotta the new ACRNM stuff has moved into much simpler designs and bulkier smoother silhouettes - the tech/cyber look is so last year.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they're pretty heavily channelling the 1999 neo in the matrix look for a bunch of their stuff this year

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on that god drat monitor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im the v o i d b a r

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Lotta the new ACRNM stuff has moved into much simpler designs and bulkier smoother silhouettes - the tech/cyber look is so last year.

This is bullshit cyber 4 lyfe.

every so often I look on their website and their prices are just insane.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

just buy a black karate gi three sizes too big and a pair of ski goggles

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sweevo posted:

just buy a black karate gi three sizes too big and a pair of ski goggles

"we have ACRNM at home"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

you know, you can just buy parachute pants and a bomber jacket at the thrift store these days

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

rotor posted:

im the v o i d b a r

cyberpunk vomitorium

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

those 90s windbreakers seem to be making a return in recent years

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

infernal machines posted:

you know, you can just buy parachute pants and a bomber jacket at the thrift store these days

I have a heavy nylon bomber jacket I bought like 11 years ago and it still looks practically new on the outside because of how tough that poo poo is

parachute pants though, hmmmm maybe

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ambassador for the JNCO nation in formal attire.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

why the long, uh, head?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

dioxazine posted:

those 90s windbreakers seem to be making a return in recent years

i've seen some zoomers around wearing members only jackets

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

why the long, uh, head?

barnacle jim lookin motherfucker

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhV-OKHecI

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

i've seen some zoomers around wearing members only jackets

they started slowly coming back a few years ago and i'm for it

I have a heavy nylon bomber jacket I bought like 11 years ago and it still looks practically new on the outside because of how tough that poo poo is

parachute pants though, hmmmm maybe

yeah, my main jacket is a nylon bomber that i got early in covid since it's easily washable and it still looks new despite washing it every few weeks