Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I make topics that I think are interesting or funny and they always get lots of posts, but then people come in and say my topics are bad and I get probated even though lots of people are interacting with them. What exactly do I need to do to improve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
gas

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

pencilhands posted:

What exactly do I need to do to improve?

Your topics.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

First thing you gotta know is the people flaming you are what's known as "haters" or "clout chasers". Have you reached out to nom epique? He could probably offer you a lot of advice, he was once a GBS pariah but is now celebrated and treated as an almost holy figure by his former haters.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The people who complain are the same people who complain that there aren’t enough new threads or that they don’t like megathreads so gently caress em op

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

get good at photoshop like the good ol days

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Smugworth posted:

First thing you gotta know is the people flaming you are what's known as "haters" or "clout chasers". Have you reached out to nom epique? He could probably offer you a lot of advice, he was once a GBS pariah but is now celebrated and treated as an almost holy figure by his former haters.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I heard there some irate serial reporter lurking around too

Artists rendition:

If you see them tell them to hit the bricks

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well, like I’m a boring rear end in a top hat but I’m good at wearing people down into the comedy zone. I think it’s really just persistence and hypnosis and then getting people to laugh at POOP or VAGINA or force them into panic laughter like “omg that poop is too close to her vagina!”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I heard there some irate serial reporter lurking around too

Artists rendition:

If you see them tell them to hit the bricks

Lol

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
To become a better poster you must find the next best poster and defeat them in physical combat.

Don't try to skip ahead more than one rank, though. If it's discovered that you tried to beat up someone multiple posting ranks ahead of you then you will be stripped of your posting titles and have to start over as the Worst Poster.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

To become a better poster you must find the next best poster and defeat them in physical combat.

Don't try to skip ahead more than one rank, though. If it's discovered that you tried to beat up someone multiple posting ranks ahead of you then you will be stripped of your posting titles and have to start over as the Worst Poster.

This is actually what happened to bigpeeler

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just follow your strengths and be yourself instead of trying to emulate someone else. Maybe your strength is in posting badly, own it and harness it.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Mr.Acula posted:

get good at photoshop like the good ol days

The robots stole all that clout chasing, as the kids say. Nobody tries anymore. When I was a wee lad, I'd wait minutes for photoshop to open, and then...

:(

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sex style posts are a hot thing right now. It's the subject everyone is talking about. There are many threads.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like posting interesting news articles but also you can never go wrong posting a thread about boobs or butts or pooping

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This is so meta.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wendigee posted:

This is so meta.

Meet me on the metaverse

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sorry I told you to shut the gently caress up a couple of times OP. I won't do that again.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

pencilhands posted:

I make topics that I think are interesting or funny and they always get lots of posts, but then people come in and say my topics are bad and I get probated even though lots of people are interacting with them. What exactly do I need to do to improve?

Deal with the mental health issues you have. Then take a break from posting. Your mother has messed you up.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Create new content in the mannerisms of Sophia Petrillo, OP.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Extra row of tits posted:

Deal with the mental health issues you have. Then take a break from posting. Your mother has messed you up.

It's an obvious gimmick this guy is no clandestineboyer

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Agreed, you should ask nom for advice OP. Tomorrow's Friday so he should be quite active.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
But also
code:
dollar store wizard master

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Post a thread about big gay dong, OP. It's an evergreen topic and something we can all enjoy.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I opened a store at the mall called Better Topic.

It's like a Hot Topic, but it's better lit, less cramped, and has merch that people actually want to buy.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
mental breakdown would probably yield a few good ones...for us

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Want better thread topics? Use some nootropics

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Want better thread topics? Use some nootropics

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

I opened a store at the mall called Better Topic.

It's like a Hot Topic, but it's better lit, less cramped, and has merch that people actually want to buy.

I don't believe you

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Sex Farm posted:

I don't believe you

Well, it didn't last long. I was put out of business by Hottest Topic and Best Topic.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

20 Blunts posted:

mental breakdown would probably yield a few good ones...for us

I tried this, overrated strat imo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the key is numbers op, you need to post hundreds of threads and maybe one or two will pan out

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

stop reposting memes you found on reddit op

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, now that it has become a running gag, there is only one way you can stop being compared to Wizard Master all the time.

You have to track him down and cut his head off with a katana. That's how you get his posting power added to your own.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, now that it has become a running gag, there is only one way you can stop being compared to Wizard Master all the time.

You have to track him down and cut his head off with a katana. That's how you get his posting power added to your own.

something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtiaYVyF_18

https://i.imgur.com/dkpGxiy.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I have you tried asking us for money so you can buy a car for some girls?