Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

dang, sounds like dishonored 2 has a lot more interesting powers than the first one - I'm doing a stealth/no kill run for my first playthrough of D1 and there are only a few that really make sense for that style of play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah it's a fundamental problem with the dishonored model- stealth is easy but simple while loud is fun and varied but hard

plus the fact that the game tells you whether or not you were stealthy and clean just encourages you to aim for that and avoid compromising it

this is why deathloop dropped that whole system so there are no second-order consequences to going on a rampage

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dijkstracula posted:

dang, sounds like dishonored 2 has a lot more interesting powers than the first one - I'm doing a stealth/no kill run for my first playthrough of D1 and there are only a few that really make sense for that style of play
yeah there's more powers in D2, plus they're different if you play Emily or Corvo. so his Blink = her Far Reach, with different upgrades

still a good mix of offensive and stealth powers i think? have only done the stealth/no kill for D2

I mean I still had hella fun with the first one, and didn't know what they'd do for 2 until I started playing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

One of these days I'll do a no power run of Dishonored, it's just that the powers are so much fun

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

yeah it's a fundamental problem with the dishonored model- stealth is easy but simple while loud is fun and varied but hard

plus the fact that the game tells you whether or not you were stealthy and clean just encourages you to aim for that and avoid compromising it
right, exactly, basically any time I get noticed I'm all but forced to do a reload

TontoCorazon posted:

One of these days I'll do a no power run of Dishonored, it's just that the powers are so much fun

I kinda feel like Dark Vision kind of breaks the game; I haven't had to look through a keyhole since the tutorial and the danger of not knowing whether someone was just about to walk through the door until you're right up against it made for some genuinely tense moments

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

right, exactly, basically any time I get noticed I'm all but forced to do a reload

I kinda feel like Dark Vision kind of breaks the game; I haven't had to look through a keyhole since the tutorial and the danger of not knowing whether someone was just about to walk through the door until you're right up against it made for some genuinely tense moments

I've been feeling like it's been a crutch for me since the first game. That and double jump.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

TontoCorazon posted:

I've been feeling like it's been a crutch for me since the first game. That and double jump.

yeah I feel like if I were to replay it (likely, given how much fun I'm having) I'd probably just not choose that power

double jump, though, is perhaps too satisfying for me not to resist :colbert:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
anyone played railgrade

its only on the epic store as far as pc goes I think. well, not on steam anyway

looks kinda fun

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dijkstracula posted:

I kinda feel like Dark Vision kind of breaks the game
that's nice

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

anyone played railgrade

its only on the epic store as far as pc goes I think. well, not on steam anyway

looks kinda fun

nope

hope this helps

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I was really hoping for your opinion can you please play it

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

looks like it owns, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU6ZxXSy_bo

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

also, sounds like they got the videoball trailer guy to do the narration here too, so that's nice too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H67itWCG1JY&t=2148s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dijkstracula posted:

looks like it owns, op

looks like it might scratch that factorio/satisfactory itch in a new way

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

whoops all trains factorio

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

looks right up my alley, but gently caress the epic store

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I don't love having yet another launcher program to install, but I'm all for Epic spending their fortnite bux on slightly complicating Valve's chokehold on digital distribution

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao this unreleased Build Engine game, the loving head bob man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lr_8Titu5A&t=163s

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 31, 2023

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

legend of the seven paladins walked so william shatner's tekwar could run

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao this unreleased Build Engine game, the loving head bob man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lr_8Titu5A&t=163s

cool vomit simulator. I cant even watch the video lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

e: wow, I skipped like 9 pages

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you missed that everyone man and also their dogs are playing railgrade

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

railbound is a pretty cute game as well

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the last campfire has been p. good

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

poo poo

this railgrade game looks directly up my alley

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

and it's 25% off on epic store too. gently caress. guess im getting it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

quiggy posted:

hey weird question, was playing ff7r last night and met aerith, but i couldve sworn at some point growing up that her standard anglicization was "aeris". any idea where i would've heard aeris originally over aerith?

late but thrilled to be able to quote this post

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

and it's 25% off on epic store too. gently caress. guess im getting it

I look forward to enjoying your review

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

looks sick but didn't see anything about signalling???

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:madmax:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was about to ask you switchlords if there's any meaningful difference between a Switch and an OLED Switch but then I checked out the "exclusives" list and it's... Metroid Prime 4 and a new Zelda game, neither of which are out yet?? What's up with that. I guess Kirby games are nice but I wouldn't buy another computer just to play Kirby while waiting for a game I actually want to play.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I was about to ask you switchlords if there's any meaningful difference between a Switch and an OLED Switch but then I checked out the "exclusives" list and it's... Metroid Prime 4 and a new Zelda game, neither of which are out yet?? What's up with that. I guess Kirby games are nice but I wouldn't buy another computer just to play Kirby while waiting for a game I actually want to play.
still waiting on the switch pro

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the svvitch

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

zelda is not an oled exclusive

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

there is an oled zelda by which I mean a zelda-branded oled switch but all switches can play all switch games

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quiggy stop doing drugs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

no

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

just started on timelie and it's pretty cute and simple, but i am way too tired to use my brain right now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2346660/DFHack__Dwarf_Fortress_Modding_Engine/

:letsgo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

finally!