Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

UP AND ADAM posted:

Irvine, 63
Pomona, 63
Riverside, 63
Santa Barbara, 63
Long Beach, 63
Tustin, 63

Mattress in laaaaaaaanes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Mattress in lanes

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

One time I told someone that I was headed home to Seattle when I was actually going slightly outside Seattle and I got a bunch of annoying follow ups. However, that was because it was a border guard wondering why I said that when my driver's license said otherwise (I was born and raised in Seattle plus worked there still).

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

WEH posted:

Mattress in lanes

motorcycle collided with a nuclear armament truck

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This sounds like death

https://www.cracked.com/article_37470_adam-carolla-is-no-longer-bothering-to-write-jokes.html

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

adam carolla invented improv in 2023

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

adam sucks but this article acts as if crowdwork isn't a thing

but adam sucks, lets be clear on that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Riptor posted:

adam sucks but this article acts as if crowdwork isn't a thing

but adam sucks, lets be clear on that

That isn’t crowd work, that is an old man being given one of the topics of his ten stock rants and doing a bit that was old in 2000

Jesus christ are we still doing “i dont want to order grande i want to order a large” in 2023, just go to the gas station and get a coffee, adam, you are choosing to go to starbucks

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Aside but Stavros Halkias (best crowdwork comic I've ever seen at least) reminds me of Loveline Adam talking to callers. They have empathy, want to help, and they glide through easier surface jokes so they can work close to the core of things. Similar kind of Italian/Greek white trash dude sensibility. Stavros does it with a lot more infectious joy, though, and it probably also helps to be a goofy loveable fat guy.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

it’s the cool shoes actually

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

holefoods posted:

So Mars Blackmon was right? It's the shoes?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
The denim jacket-lookin bowling shirt matched with his Going Out Jeans is certainly a look.

I kind of meant to post this earlier, but Bald and Gina have a new show at Mark Geragos' LA Mag.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Between Ace on the House, Reasonable Doubt, and the rehashed Adam and Dr Drew show, I can't believe how many great chances Adam has had and self defeated every time. God drat.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

holefoods posted:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Mars Blackmon was right? It's the shoes?
I think it's Adam Friedland and Nick Mullen making fun of Stavros.

Crowd work is sort of notoriously the refuge of hack comedians, for what that's worth. I thought The Hammer was pretty good but, that aside, unfortunately Adam's best comedic talent was essentially riffing off crowd work.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There are plenty of funny crowdwork comedians but that was like going to a jeff dunham show and him asking the audience for a topic, they are gonna serve up a suggestion of one of his old favorites

I bet the next random surprise topic was work ethic, and after that, maybe an audience member brought up snowflakes and how the kids nowadays are soft

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

rotinaj posted:

There are plenty of funny crowdwork comedians but that was like going to a jeff dunham show and him asking the audience for a topic, they are gonna serve up a suggestion of one of his old favorites

I bet the next random surprise topic was work ethic, and after that, maybe an audience member brought up snowflakes and how the kids nowadays are soft

"Next up on, "What Can't Adam Complain about?" Where Adam is set up by a caller to complain about the same thing he's complained about for the last 20 years!"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tweak posted:

"Next up on, "What Can't Adam Complain about?" Where Adam is set up by a caller to complain about the same thing he's complained about for the last 20 years!"

Exactly! This is his grift for the rest of his life, playing the hits to increasingly fewer old boomers

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Hey, be fair. There’s a lot of Gen Xers in that crowd.

Comedy factory indeed.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now that i went back and listened to some more of that great standup, it always makes me laugh when adam starts talking about how hard it was for the donner party, the soldiers at iwo jima, and the bombers who flew over dresden

Adam, you did construction for like three years and stumbled drunkenly into a radio job and have failed upward ever since, the gently caress is this hard man of tough choices routine you are playing at

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

rotinaj posted:

That isn’t crowd work, that is an old man being given one of the topics of his ten stock rants and doing a bit that was old in 2000

Jesus christ are we still doing “i dont want to order grande i want to order a large” in 2023, just go to the gas station and get a coffee, adam, you are choosing to go to starbucks
Can't wait to get the Aceman's hot takes on passion fruit in 2023!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Can't wait to get the Aceman's hot takes on passion fruit in 2023!

It's a passionate, passionate fruit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Passionate.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Sometimes I think about Adam when he talked about No Country For Old Men, after regretting that he was a dismissive of Josh Brolin for the 85th time, that his favorite character in the movie was the trailer park manager. Anton Chigurh is this severe and malevolent force of nature and Adam was just thrilled that this sassy housecat behind a desk was still having none of his poo poo and was the only character in the story to not succumb to him (the gas station owner still had to flip a coin).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh1FjMDKMNw

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Ace Man's back, baby! https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/1652085610453299200

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I couldn't figure out why the hell he would be involved in a documentary called, "MEME GODS" but I see he's actually just a seat filler for the premiere :laugh:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I am trying to picture the documentary and all my brain can give me is like those sports and pop culture videos that are essentially a list ("top 10 most influential memes" maybe) featuring C-level comedians doing riffs about each entry.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

pangstrom posted:

I am trying to picture the documentary and all my brain can give me is like those sports and pop culture videos that are essentially a list ("top 10 most influential memes" maybe) featuring C-level comedians doing riffs about each entry.

imagining the VH1 show in a few years where one of the mentioned comedians unironically says “dicks out for harambe? that changed the meme game”

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

lol Adam blocked me on twitter

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cached Money posted:

Impressive accomplishment from a guy who can’t read

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Cached Money posted:

What'd you say

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

What'd you say

He made post number 10298384 whining about mask mandates during covid and I replied "how's the divorce going adam"

(i saw that he's been selling off some of his beloved car collection on bring a trailer the other day)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cached Money posted:

He made post number 10298384 whining about mask mandates during covid and I replied "how's the divorce going adam"

(i saw that he's been selling off some of his beloved car collection on bring a trailer the other day)

What's bring a trailer?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

not much what's bring a trailer with you?

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

o7 you're doing the lord's work!

Terrible as twitter is, it still has the great feature that you can use it to tell awful people how much they suck and there's a good chance they'll read it. Not surprising to hear he's still griping about masks, probably got at least a couple canned rants out of the subject he can rehash for years

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What's bring a trailer?

Car-selling website.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sounds like Drew is now promoting anti-vax guy RFK Jr in case anyone was wondering how far he's fallen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Niwrad posted:

Sounds like Drew is now promoting anti-vax guy RFK Jr in case anyone was wondering how far he's fallen.

I mean, he was anti COVID vax from the beginning

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

drew performatively waving around a little uv led wand at a restaurant and then immediately getting his rear end kicked by covid ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

WEH posted:

drew performatively waving around a little uv led wand at a restaurant and then immediately getting his rear end kicked by covid ruled

what lmao