Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

weather app not working for anyone else? glad they killed dark sky for this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jenny Agutter posted:

weather app not working for anyone else? glad they killed dark sky for this poo poo

it was out for a bit but it's back now

edit: nm it's dead again. crappled again :argh:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yeah the "current location" page was blank, but my 2 saves locations were working

dark sky was still better than this lol, even when whole map sections went blank

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

I shouted "hey siri whats the forecast" while getting a child dressed for school this morning and just got told repeatedly that siri was "working on it", but I guess it's nice that this is a new way for a homepod to not work (weather app broken everywhere) rather than the usual way for homepod not to work (siri sucking). fix your poo poo tim apple

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the new weather app tells me it’s thunderstorms all day every day. completely useless

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

don't threaten me with a good time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/04/04/weather-app-forecast-data-not-loading/

i also report an issue, dear apple weather. the wind speed...

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
the 404 text when weather.app fails to load should just say "Look out a window nerd"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
but also why I don't rely on a single weather provider

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

new weather app told me light rain was coming in 30 minutes on sunday. there were three tornado warnings.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
still a big fan of
“hey siri play next podcast”
“sorry i couldn’t find that. you can try asking me to play a song on apple music”

love the tutorial mode

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I’ve had to rotate through several different formulations of asking Siri to play my favorite terrestrial radio station because they keep breaking. often the one that works currently explicitly did not work previously, and currently the response from Siri “now playing such and such radio station” doesn’t even resemble what I have to use as a prompt.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
siri is terrible unless you use the exact right phrasing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

siri is terrible unless you use the exact right phrasing

I’d be okay with that if it was at least consistent week to week

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jenny Agutter posted:

yeah wtcrapple

at least i know what it’s like in cupertino

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
i assumed there was no new weather to report, weather is over now.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

ok i full buy apples battery claims on the ultra. 17 hours of tracking over the past two days and now on the third morning it finally hit like 2% and im charging it up for the game tonight.

this poo poo rules

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it is super impressive how much battery juice they manage to fit into the watches, yeah.

i've used mine every day for like 2+ years and it still has great runtime

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like tim could stand to get his poo poo together wrt weather in general. But I guess he's ascended beyond such mortal concerns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
tim sucks apple is a mess in general

i'm sure an ar helmet will fix it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
apple stuff is great and just works. sent from my m1 max macbook pro (M1MMBP)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

tim sucks apple is a mess in general

i'm sure an ar helmet will fix it

the good news is it will probably fail so hard nobody will attempt another for several years

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the laptops and minis are in a pretty good place. Never tried/don't want on the watches but people seem to like those also.

Too bad about the rest of his products

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like the laptops and minis are in a pretty good place. Never tried/don't want on the watches but people seem to like those also.

Too bad about the rest of his products

what do you mean, appletv is good, HomePods are good, airpods are good &c they have a pretty consistent product line all considered

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

screenless workout tracking bracelet when

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

OldAlias posted:

what do you mean, appletv is good, HomePods are good, airpods are good &c they have a pretty consistent product line all considered

I guess I only particularly care about computers. I'll give you that apple tv is fine. But all I can say is for two days now the phone computer weather app loads a blank screen, and the tablet computer has no weather app at all

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
does the ipad have a calculator yet

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

No Mods No Masters posted:

I guess I only particularly care about computers. I'll give you that apple tv is fine. But all I can say is for two days now the phone computer weather app loads a blank screen, and the tablet computer has no weather app at all

i use ‘hello weather’ op

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
airpods loving own

i don't like my homepod very much though and i won't be buying more unless they actually fix siri (they won't fix siri)

it sucks but i honestly think we've seen apple at their peak

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
then again they managed to pivot the apple watch amazingly well so maybe we'll all be wearing ar glasses by the third iteration or so

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

then again they managed to pivot the apple watch amazingly well so maybe we'll all be wearing ar glasses by the third iteration or so

the apple watch didn't cost three thousand dollars and make you look like a dork

I mean the gold one did but the people who bought those were already the worst

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

apple stuff is great and just works. sent from my m1 max macbook pro (M1MMBP)

no weather updates since 5 am lol

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
works on my telephone, op

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I just checked and apple weather is working for me. :shrug:

also I noticed I have an air quality index of 109 because carrot weather makes you pay twice as much to be able to see the air quality

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

qirex posted:

the apple watch didn't cost three thousand dollars and make you look like a dork

I mean the gold one did but the people who bought those were already the worst

i mean that's kind of my point, they tried to sell it as a luxury thing at first so i wrote it off as a flop and look where we are now.

but i guess they did pivot into a somewhat established market and such a market doesn't exist for ar/vr so i still have big doubts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
apple watch is funny because it was not a very good watch and everything else it did initially was "your phone, but more difficult to use". people bought them though, for whatever reason.

they kept the line going for long enough to come up with a use case for people like Casual Encountess, so i guess it's retroactively a good product now.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

infernal machines posted:

apple watch is funny because it was not a very good watch and everything else it did initially was "your phone, but more difficult to use". people bought them though, for whatever reason.

they kept the line going for long enough to come up with a use case for people like Casual Encountess, so i guess it's retroactively a good product now.

apple watch is really good, actually.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cold on a Cob posted:

i mean that's kind of my point, they tried to sell it as a luxury thing at first so i wrote it off as a flop and look where we are now.

but i guess they did pivot into a somewhat established market and such a market doesn't exist for ar/vr so i still have big doubts

they sold a couple dozen to petrochemical failsons as a luxury thing, for some reason it got all the attention but the cheapest model of the newest version has always been the bulk of their sales from day 1

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

apple watch is fine. if i didn't get one as a gift i probably would not own one though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
as a watch, it was not so good. like, the basic functionality of "a thing on your wrist that tells time" was there, but the battery life was terrible and it was bulky and (imo) not a nice design. it did other things too, but most of them involved things your phone already did and the value of now having a thing on your wrist that would buzz constantly and you'd have to fiddle with, as opposed to the one in your pocket was dubious*.

again, obviously that's something enough people wanted to keep the line going for 8+ generations. when it launched this was questionable

*maybe this is a better value proposition if you keep your phone in your purse, idk