Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

xpost:

lol good poo poo

lol. nice find and replace job you twits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Pile Of Garbage posted:

xpost:

lol good poo poo

:discourse:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I wonder whether USPS would allow Royal Mail and Australia Post to switch to using ZIP Codes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i doubt it, they usually emphasize that its a trademark lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

xpost:

lol good poo poo
high lols and mistranslations

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

~Coxy posted:

I wonder whether USPS would allow Royal Mail and Australia Post to switch to using ZIP Codes

help, my PO box has a POST code and wont open

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
attempts to localise "check box" as "tick box" on sharepoint lead to dialog boxes inviting you to "tick in" and "tick out" files

obviously sharepoint is hell anyway

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
shaggar: they should speak real english, wontfix

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heavy_D posted:

attempts to localise "check box" as "tick box" on sharepoint lead to dialog boxes inviting you to "tick in" and "tick out" files

obviously sharepoint is hell anyway

what the gently caress is a tick box?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol there was some banner on Teams this morning advertising "AI is here! learn more" with some like to an MS conference or poo poo

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
All I got in teams this morning is:

MSPOS

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

AlbertFlasher posted:

MSPOS

an improvement for Teams

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pile Of Garbage posted:

xpost:

lol good poo poo

Charging Status: Connected to AirCon.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

akadajet posted:

an improvement for Teams

:hmmyes:

Out of all of the microsoft stuff I use teams gives me the most amount of problems.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AlbertFlasher posted:

MSPOS

that looks like windows font rendering but fwiw i got my teams to work a little better on macos by trashing the cache from ~/Library/Caches/Microsoft or whatever and also deleting everything it had in my keychain. suddenly it stopped asking for the same login every time it restarted

e: welp just tested and it does it again. but it worked across restarts before so, ill just do that again next time i need it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Look who just messaged me on Skype

For something that's still being tested to avoid going full hitler, they're really trying to push it through as many holes as possible

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tell me why you did not reply bing up your rear end

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

tell me why you did not reply bing up your rear end

What makes you think I didn't?

In fact I did not because I wanted to test some stuff before getting banned :(

Anyway it's garbage and way more restricted than ChatGPT. I tried a few example s from the AI art thread and it refused to do anything ever remotely amusing. The basic VBA it wrote also has HTML quotes in it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

aw poo i thought it was like your work support line or something

im not gonna read any llm output

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 7, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No it's in my normal Skype, not Skyper for business (if it's even alive) or Teams.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

mobby_6kl posted:

Anyway it's garbage and way more restricted than ChatGPT. I tried a few example s from the AI art thread and it refused to do anything ever remotely amusing. The basic VBA it wrote also has HTML quotes in it.

That's how they try to make sure it doesn't go full Hitler, can't have it both ways.

GPT-4 in general is a lot more like that even aside from the extra filters Microsoft added

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

what is this absolute clownshoes edge redesign jfc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
another one?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

if it's whatever the insiders build looked like when i pulled it down to see if the bing button could be removed yet, yeah it looks terrible

is there some sort of ui design conference where they do talks like "making tabs into floating rectangles: totally loving cool!!!"? firefox, safari (kinda) and now edge all have it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

carry on then posted:

if it's whatever the insiders build looked like when i pulled it down to see if the bing button could be removed yet, yeah it looks terrible

in upsides the bing button can be turned off these days, in downsides my edge has managed to accidentally forget that setting (very sorry about it i am sure, it is just real hard to get software working right in that direction, though it is apparently very easy to make it show up) twice already.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
today I got unironically mad at word 365

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Almost all our word doc templates at work are a) inconsistent and b) poo poo, so I sometimes spend periods of time pissed off with word

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
goddamn it satya I just wanna put words in the computer

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

a few years ago microsoft bought Swiftkey X, my favorite phone keyboard. As you're typing it gives you 3 suggestions for next words you're likely to use, which legitimately speeds up my phone typing a lot. Today, MS has finally removed a bunch of screen space that was dedicated to those options in favor of an unremovable Bing button

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Truman Peyote posted:

a few years ago microsoft bought Swiftkey X, my favorite phone keyboard. As you're typing it gives you 3 suggestions for next words you're likely to use, which legitimately speeds up my phone typing a lot. Today, MS has finally removed a bunch of screen space that was dedicated to those options in favor of an unremovable Bing button
bing up ur rear end, op

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ya i deleted swift key

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

man this is what windows looks like now??

(from this blog, which also points that that one of the news stories being presented to this new user account for this guy's kid is about a mass shooting. i hadn't really thought about how obnoxious that behaviour, to display news front and centre out-of-the-box, would be to parents)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

tiktok is installed by default......

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

(from this blog, which also points that that one of the news stories being presented to this new user account for this guy's kid is about a mass shooting. i hadn't really thought about how obnoxious that behaviour, to display news front and centre out-of-the-box, would be to parents)

much as i hate this random stuffing of bing garbage into everything i can't see that "my kid might see news stories if i just let them use the computer blindly" is the angle.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lmao nobody is ever going to use edge or bing unless you put a gun to their head

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

probably, if you leave all the defaults enabled, or that's a tech preview

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sweevo posted:

lmao nobody is ever going to use edge or bing unless you put a gun to their head

we use edge for a bunch of our clients because it's just chrome but with sso and account integration. it would be fine if microsoft weren't microsoft and could resist loving it up with their value-adds for services no one wants

they can't, but for like, a few months, it was pretty good.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 18, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

why do they keep changing the goddamned icons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they've been afflicted with whatever disease infests the brains of foss window manager designers