Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Still SOP in colorado head shops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lol remember when head shops had to pretend that all the products were for tobacco use only? and you had to call them water pipes, if you even said the word bong you were kicked out of the store lmao

lol yah so stupid

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I don't smoke weed, but I want it legalized federally so that cops can't do the stupid "I saw a grain of shake on the floor I'm searching ur car now"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIkpWyuH_M

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I used to be pretty libertarian when it came to my perspective on legalising drugs

but I’ve seen first hand just how devastating opioid addictions can be, it’s a tiny chemical but can totally take over a persons life and totally derail anything good they ever had going for them. idk what the solution is, criminalising it isn’t, but doing whatever else we can to prevent people from not just getting on that train but even visiting the station

same with meth. the risk of it totally derailing your life is just way too high to not have huge public measures around them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and the pivot toward using fent as a cheaper than heroin alternative doesn’t seem like something that can easily be stopped.

perhaps it’ll just mean drugs really are as dangerous as they told us they would be in the 90s

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I used to be pretty libertarian when it came to my perspective on legalising drugs

but I’ve seen first hand just how devastating opioid addictions can be, it’s a tiny chemical but can totally take over a persons life and totally derail anything good they ever had going for them. idk what the solution is, criminalising it isn’t, but doing whatever else we can to prevent people from not just getting on that train but even visiting the station

same with meth. the risk of it totally derailing your life is just way too high to not have huge public measures around them

none of that is weed though. the worst thing that can happen with weed is that you turn into a soundcloud rapper.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

akadajet posted:

none of that is weed though. the worst thing that can happen with weed is that you turn into a soundcloud rapper.

weed gave me the diabeetus

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

akadajet posted:

:ohdear: im quitting immediately

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

akadajet posted:

its obviously not as devastating as opioids or meth but i think marijuana has more negative impacts on peoples lives than a majority of its users are willing to admit. like i think some people can use it regularly and it won't have any sort of negative impact on them, but many people can't, and a lot of those people in the latter group think they're in the former group.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i'm in the 'i know it has negative effects, but smoke it anyway' group.

99% certain weed is the cause of my cyclic vomiting, but hey, i'm able to mostly control that through nortryptiline, so i keep on smokin. then there's the general lack of motivation, the garbage diet, the cardio damage from smoking

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

weed gave me the diabeetus

I think it honestly contributed to mine

akadajet posted:

:justpost:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i'm in the 'i know it has negative effects, but smoke it anyway' group.

99% certain weed is the cause of my cyclic vomiting, but hey, i'm able to mostly control that through nortryptiline, so i keep on smokin. then there's the general lack of motivation, the garbage diet, the cardio damage from smoking

mate

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

what

it's not like y'all don't have your own self destructive tendencies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah anyone that thinks weed is 100% good for you is insane. it absolutely has side effects

but its also not nearly as harmful as some other drugs. i don't think thats controversial really

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lol remember when head shops had to pretend that all the products were for tobacco use only? and you had to call them water pipes, if you even said the word bong you were kicked out of the store lmao

i'm remembering how they would give you the tiny lil baggie of plausible tobacco deniability

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

echinopsis posted:

and the pivot toward using fent as a cheaper than heroin alternative doesn’t seem like something that can easily be stopped.

perhaps it’ll just mean drugs really are as dangerous as they told us they would be in the 90s

i lived in places that just straight up didn't have heroin, like they were too far from major cities for it to be a viable industry, so it went straight from vikes and oxy to fent lol. oxy was damaging enough, so god knows what it looks like now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

one of the head shops in my college's town famously had a sign that read "if it rhymes with song or soul, don't say it"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

its obviously not as devastating as opioids or meth but i think marijuana has more negative impacts on peoples lives than a majority of its users are willing to admit. like i think some people can use it regularly and it won't have any sort of negative impact on them, but many people can't, and a lot of those people in the latter group think they're in the former group.

lol at people who constantly call weed “my medicine”

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
weed is medicine though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sometimes it is. but usually it's "medicine" not medicine

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i mean of course a lot of people just wanna get high but its dumb to delegitimize it as being actually effective because of that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think that's ops point: if people don't want its medicinal uses delegitimized they shouldn't refer to recreational usage as "medicine"

ain't nobody gonna throw shade at someone with chronic pain/nausea/etc calling it that. it's gotten a lot better in CA since recreational was legalized and they cracked down on (read: made it mildly obnoxious to obtain) medicinal licenses. but it used to be a complete joke, which maurice sucked for actual patients

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the head shop i posted before, that's in between 3 dispensaries, still has signs up that strictly forbid mentioning any drug paraphernalia. the laws are still pretty fuzzy, and the conservatives in state legislature have been trying to get legalization repealed from the moment the people voted it in

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i mean, i thought it was kind of a joke in NY too, but thinking about it again i think i would qualify anywhere fairly easily these days anyway? thats not like it was either, i feel like just qualifying for a card used to be pretty hard itself

having separate stuff does seem kind of moot now but they legally still differentiate between the two anyway. there are real differences that matter if you're a producer/business but probably not so much as a consumer

e: lol :goofy: i'm high

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 6, 2023

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
you ever try taking some loose tobacco and actually smoking it through a bong? it's loving disgusting

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

what

it's not like y'all don't have your own self destructive tendencies

soz I didn’t mean it like that, more like, drat that’s a mood

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you ever try taking some loose tobacco and actually smoking it through a bong? it's loving disgusting

Ya lol nasty

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yeah there’s this thing Canadian punks smoke called ‘poppers’ (unrelated to the gay sex variety) where you put a plug of tobacco in the down stem with weed on top and then pull thru till it ‘pops,’ it gives you a headrush and is definitely gross

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Gnossiennes posted:

i lived in places that just straight up didn't have heroin, like they were too far from major cities for it to be a viable industry, so it went straight from vikes and oxy to fent lol. oxy was damaging enough, so god knows what it looks like now.

in canadia, even in large enough cities actual heroin would cost like $400 a gram so pills like dilauded or morphine were preferable being easier and cheaper to get. I’d rather the market be flooded with pharmaceuticals as at least there’s purity and safety in that… so long as they don’t have super dangerous anti-abuse mechanisms at least

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 6, 2023

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

your island has a good solution to this which is homebake. after the mr Asia syndicate got busted heroin stopped flowing to New Zealand easily but well, you gotta have heroin. so they made do with turning morphine pills with AA sourced from aspirin synth kits. it’s almost pure and the overdose rate on your island is pretty low as a result, mostly happening as a result of mixing benzos

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

ya this was the rust belt when i was a kid. percocet/oxy and xanax. glad i got out before it got even worse.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

your island has a good solution to this which is homebake. after the mr Asia syndicate got busted heroin stopped flowing to New Zealand easily but well, you gotta have heroin. so they made do with turning morphine pills with AA sourced from aspirin synth kits. it’s almost pure and the overdose rate on your island is pretty low as a result, mostly happening as a result of mixing benzos

wish my dad had told me about this. he was an undercover drug cop in the 70s and kept promising to tell me all about it when I was older (like how old dad?) but then he died

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

was there really a "mister asia" syndicate lol

sounds like a fast food chain

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the rival was the tasty dragon group. when jade panda mob moved in it was a goddamned bloodbath

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

louisville has a spectacularly weird collection of restaurants named double dragon:

the original double dragon: https://www.doubledragonky.com/
double dragon kitchen: http://doubledragonkitchen.com/
double dragon ii: http://www.doubledragon2louisville.com/
a different double dragon ii: https://doubledragon2.bobog.com/
another double dragon ii: https://doubledragon8882.com/
one more double dragon ii: https://www.doubledragon2.com/
someone got sick of ii, so here's double dragon 9: http://www.doubledragonnine.com/

i'm gonna get high and order some general tso's

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol drat that sounds like a good idea

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

bout that time

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

heck yeah, glad my rec worked out. it's a neat gadget!

i also have their 510 cart vape. it flips open like a key fob and everybody who sees it loves it. the batt lasts forfuckinever too

and you can also sneak it in anywhere if you put it on your keyring

https://o2vape.com/product/flip-ultra-key-fob-vape-pen/

do 1ml carts fit in it pretty well? looks like the carts you can get with it are all .5ml

also how well do their carts hold up to refilling? i tried doing the refill thing a while back and found most of the carts i tried to refill were done after 1 gram of distillate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

smoked some weed and did my daily ink drawing (which i've done daily since the 1st of the year hell yeah) and it was lovely. a+++ weed and drawing session