Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
tech bubble v5.3: biomass is a byproduct of the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
captures co2 and there's biomass as a byproduct? sweet

wonder what happens to that biomass long term

ah well nothing important i'm sure

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sapozhnik posted:

captures co2 and there's biomass as a byproduct? sweet

wonder what happens to that biomass long term

ah well nothing important i'm sure

Salad

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Internet Janitor posted:

tech bubble v5.3: biomass is a byproduct of the process

this also applies to working out/getting hot

go lift a weight folks youll get hot and stave off anxiety/depression for like 8 hours (ime)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

set up massive fields of those to scrub excess carbon from the air and sell the excess biomass as feed for fish farms.

mystes
May 31, 2006

A human could have gotten two different papers confused or something too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

set up massive fields of those to scrub excess carbon from the air and sell the excess biomass as feed for fish farms.

thats just a normal farm but worse and more capital intensive

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Share Bear posted:

go lift a weight folks youll get hot

it's like my entire posting oeuvre to be the counterexample to this, as i have done lots of the former and none of the latter

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

mystes posted:

nah Yup That Exists is fast fashion for headlines, they'll happily tell you it's all generative sludge and that it's your fault you shared the link

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Truman Peyote posted:

which is good for me because I have been undisciplined about hitting the gym recently

Covid and the war really derailed my regular workouts :(

Time to get back on track finally

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
harry frankfurt spent his life thinking hard on the nature of being and language and it was all comprehensively worthless compared to the article and book he knocked together in a week years ago called "On Bullshit"

its good, you should read it. all language models are inherently bullshit generators so it has come to its own in this age

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mystes posted:

i mean it seems ro be describing something completely unrelated or non existent

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I've been hitting the bowling alley every week for a couple years now. My bowler body is really starting to come in.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm sedentary and obese

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

BMan posted:

I'm sedentary and obese

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BMan posted:

I'm sedentary and obese

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

lol, in a forum where 99% of the posters are obese and sedentary you managed to complain about the one guy exercising wrong

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
i'm sedentary and only somewhat overweight

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i'm gaming the BMI by getting taller

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I used to be a lot heavier but lost about 110 lbs and have kept it off for over 10 years now.

highly recommend, although it makes you get cold easy.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

i mean it seems ro be describing something completely unrelated or non existent
I mean I don't know but when I looked into it last time it was posted I thought that university had actually done something with cellulose like that, it was just completely unrelated, but I can't remember.

Also, if you use ChatGPT it does a better job and doesn't make that mistake:

quote:

write a news article for a news site based on the following tweet:

Scientists create Liquid Trees; a tank full of water and micro-algae that could be an alternative to trees in urban areas.

quote:

In a groundbreaking new development, scientists have created what they call "Liquid Trees" - a tank filled with water and micro-algae that could be a substitute for actual trees in urban areas.

The idea behind Liquid Trees is to provide a sustainable alternative to traditional trees, which can be difficult to maintain and may not survive in certain environments. With Liquid Trees, the algae are able to grow and photosynthesize, producing oxygen and absorbing carbon dioxide, just like real trees.

According to the scientists involved in the project, Liquid Trees can be installed in a variety of locations, including sidewalks, plazas, and parks. The tanks are relatively small and can be easily transported, making them a versatile option for urban areas.

The benefits of Liquid Trees are numerous. Not only do they produce oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide, but they also filter out pollutants and help to regulate temperature and humidity. Additionally, the micro-algae used in the tanks can be harvested and used for a variety of purposes, such as biofuels, animal feed, and even food for humans.

The creation of Liquid Trees is a major step forward in the field of urban sustainability. With more and more people living in cities, it is important to find ways to create green spaces and promote a healthy environment. Liquid Trees offer a promising solution, providing all the benefits of trees in a more manageable and sustainable form.

The project is still in its early stages, but the scientists involved are optimistic about its potential. They hope to work with city planners and urban developers to introduce Liquid Trees to cities around the world, creating a greener and more sustainable future for all.

but of course even if they used chatgpt who knows what prompt they gave it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i still had the screenshot i guess. this is google bard

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Casual Encountess posted:

also sorry boys, but this is what peak performance looks like.

hot dog clipart from the Microsoft Office 4.0 CD-ROM?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

really want to ask GPT about cum gutters just to see what it comes up with but I suspect that’s a no no word.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ask about male gamete gutters

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

it refuses to make up information after I told it to. it initially said “idk wtf a male gamete gutter is”, so I said “make something up”

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

bullshit-rear end technology what is the bloody point

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i'm gaming the BMI by getting taller

fun fact weight goes up as a factor of the cube of your height but bmi uses the square instead so you're penalized for being tall :eng101:

mystes
May 31, 2006

quiggy posted:

fun fact weight goes up as a factor of the cube of your height but bmi uses the square instead so you're penalized for being tall :eng101:
Write a complaint to your cardiovascular system

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

yeah and im also built like a dachsund- 6'1" with a 32" inseam. on the downside, number says i'm fatter than i am. on the upside, it was less of a hassle to get a wegovy prescription

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i’ve been working out with dumbbells at home it’s fun. i feel like it lets me sleep better, like because my muscles did something today my body is like “good job team let’s get some sleep”.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quiggy posted:

fun fact weight goes up as a factor of the cube of your height

I learned this from the little-known sequel to fantastic voyage, which has a scene where the miniaturized scientists demonstrate it by easily lifting each other

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i'm right off of the bike path here, so it's made it easy enough to where i'm pretty good about getting out at least a few times a week. i have a fairly good fitness level from climbing around a bunch in alpine areas, but i didn't get out a bunch this winter. temps and weather right now are pretty good here for biking/ walking

e: my favorite thing about living so close to the bike path is i can get on the bike, and be on my way and riding around, before i've really processed that's what's going on. so any lack of motivation to get out quickly fades away, because by the time i figure out i'd rather be lazy i'm already out the door

Broken Machine fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 9, 2023

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

living near a bike path is great, especially in a bikeable city. i lived next to a rail trail in grad school and i biked everywhere. i could get pretty much anywhere in town within half an hour. hop on the path for some groceries, go to the restaurants/bars downtown, go to campus or the satellite labs, or go down to the woods.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

I learned this from the little-known sequel to fantastic voyage, which has a scene where the miniaturized scientists demonstrate it by easily lifting each other

i liked how asimov said something in the afterword like "yeah they asked me to do the novelization for the movie and i thought parts of it were lame so this book was what i would have done if i could clean sheet the premise".

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I recommend having a toddler. it’s like having a 20 pound weight that you have to carry around, might have to catch at any time, and will guarantee you make use of every minute of sleep

no guarantee on being hot tho, I inevitably walk around with random food on my shirt

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

BMan posted:

I'm sedentary and obese

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Nybble posted:

I recommend having a toddler. it’s like having a 20 pound weight that you have to carry around, might have to catch at any time, and will guarantee you make use of every minute of sleep

a screaming suicide machine that will eventually get old enough to spend all your money

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

infernal machines posted:

a screaming suicide machine that will eventually get old enough to spend all your money

leave jonny's miata out of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
miatas are fine it’s not like he bought an Alfa or something