Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

KidDynamite posted:

he's really good in it.

shocker

e: not because of burr but I think tw is good at herding cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

indigi posted:

everyone should watch Reservation Dogs
yeah it's on the big list, but thanks for the reco :)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i’m way behind on the family movies, so i put on the second one, but it turns out i’d already seen it, and the one i’m actually on is tokyo drift

oh well, still a pretty good dumb movie, and it’s short. white dude is really bad at delivering lines though

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i'm behind on the human centipede trilogy doesn't mean i'm gonna go race to get caught up for the water cooler chat

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

indigi posted:

everyone should watch Reservation Dogs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
samurai saturday night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRTF7kOT7xc&t=41s

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

ooh are the minions in the mario movie? i might have to see it now

i'd watch it on premier day if it was a mario + rabbids movie

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i mentioned to a younger coworker that i saw the live-action mario movie in theaters and they looked at me like that might not be a real thing lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes: the big brains have this in hand, folks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the art understander has logged on

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
honestly you could probably replace tv reviewers with chat gpt and nobody would notice

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv24yWNOP0I

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jk6qr8sqsg

anime is good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I disagree with the statement that movie critics are almost always wrong about what movies are good. While it is true that some critics may have different tastes than the general public, this does not mean that they are always wrong. In fact, many critics have a wealth of knowledge and experience that allows them to provide valuable insights into films. They can help viewers understand the themes, techniques, and artistry of a film, and they can also offer valuable recommendations for other films that viewers might enjoy.

It is also important to remember that movie critics are not the only ones who have opinions about movies. Audiences also have their own opinions, and these opinions are just as valid as those of critics. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they enjoy a particular film.

The idea that movie critics should be banned is also flawed. Critics play an important role in the film industry, and they help to shape public opinion about films. Without critics, it would be much more difficult for audiences to find out about new and interesting films.

Finally, the idea that an AI could replace movie critics is also unrealistic. AI systems are not capable of understanding the nuances of film, and they would not be able to provide the same level of insight and analysis as human critics.

In conclusion, I believe that movie critics are an important part of the film industry, and they should not be banned or replaced by AI systems. Critics play an important role in helping audiences understand and appreciate films, and they help to shape public opinion about films.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

I disagree with the statement that movie critics are almost always wrong about what movies are good. While it is true that some critics may have different tastes than the general public, this does not mean that they are always wrong. In fact, many critics have a wealth of knowledge and experience that allows them to provide valuable insights into films. They can help viewers understand the themes, techniques, and artistry of a film, and they can also offer valuable recommendations for other films that viewers might enjoy.

It is also important to remember that movie critics are not the only ones who have opinions about movies. Audiences also have their own opinions, and these opinions are just as valid as those of critics. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they enjoy a particular film.

The idea that movie critics should be banned is also flawed. Critics play an important role in the film industry, and they help to shape public opinion about films. Without critics, it would be much more difficult for audiences to find out about new and interesting films.

Finally, the idea that an AI could replace movie critics is also unrealistic. AI systems are not capable of understanding the nuances of film, and they would not be able to provide the same level of insight and analysis as human critics.

In conclusion, I believe that movie critics are an important part of the film industry, and they should not be banned or replaced by AI systems. Critics play an important role in helping audiences understand and appreciate films, and they help to shape public opinion about films.

it's a reactionary position

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what you mean like missionary?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
AI is bullshit is some and new futurism type poo poo. AI art is pure and clean and enjoyed by dudes who have roman statues in their twitter profile

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

SmokaDustbowl posted:

AI is bullshit is some and new futurism type poo poo. AI art is pure and clean and enjoyed by dudes who have roman statues in their twitter profile

it's like the titular snow crash virus for them. too bad it doesn't also turn off their keyboards

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beeftweeter posted:

tldr

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

good punctuation, small and consistent statements… looks like the work of one of them Gee-Pee-Tees :clint:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
someone ask an llm for a summary

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Agile Vector posted:

good punctuation, small and consistent statements… looks like the work of one of them Gee-Pee-Tees :clint:

you got gpt'd

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Agile Vector posted:

it's like the titular snow crash virus for them. too bad it doesn't also turn off their keyboards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMY1uzSC1E

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfqoQBBKkWE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there was a tie-in with this added to the cyberpunk 2077 game a few months back. the mission is you scan some graffiti and then a guy calls you and tells you a story over the phone.

not the most compelling work in the game, tbh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHp-tk3F0xc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A bunch of old film stock sound reels were recently archived digitally, including the original reel with the Wilhelm Scream take on it:

https://freesound.org/people/craigsmith/sounds/675810/

This is great, the previous takes that weren't quite right, and then the one everyone recognises :cool:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/stephenseanford/status/1643324633876418561?s=46&t=R0J6gZ9IVIuVqJ6bAd5VsQ

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/ammaar/status/1642220410212352000?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ryan gosling seems too old (42) to play Ken, who is canonically the same age as barbie (19)

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sagebrush posted:

ryan gosling seems too old (42) to play Ken, who is canonically the same age as barbie (19)

he’s 42? i dunno man he looks great for 42

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

margot is 32

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
margot robbie is 32 so he's not exactly alone on miscasting island

the movie seems to be very much not set in reality though so maybe that will turn out to be part of the plot

mystes
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

margot robbie is 32 so he's not exactly alone on miscasting island

the movie seems to be very much not set in reality though so maybe that will turn out to be part of the plot
Maybe it will be a multiverse movie like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and there will be barbies and kens of different ages as well as robot kens and barbies, etc.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My theory is more like The Secret Life of Barbie Roberts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's feature flick: Silence Of The Lambs

i've watched it several times over the years but get to pay attention to movies now with the good tv and sound. It's nearly flawless

Also interesting how so many punches were pulled with the gore compared to a movie that would be made today. if that was done in 2023 they'd have 4k superzooms of every piece of raw hamburger in a 3 block radius

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Armitag3 posted:

he’s 42? i dunno man he looks great for 42

sure but he's clearly a decade older than Margo Robbie, who looks great for 32

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

He looks out of place old in the latest trailer but I assume that'll be part of the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

peak trailer is his interactions with Simu Liu