Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i’m a yooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

probably the same thing as an UPer

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
"you guys" is regional i think. i will never use the dixie term for "you all"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have a jigglypuff, a pikachu, and a yooper

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

what the gently caress is a yooper

upper peninsula michiganders. wood people. a people so strange, they have a horizontal demarcation line for eastern and central time zones

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

"you guys" is regional i think. i will never use the dixie term for "you all"

:hai:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
look at this insanity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Enderzero posted:

upper peninsula michiganders. wood people. a people so strange, they have a horizontal demarcation line for eastern and central time zones

I couldn't point out michigan on a map, I'm guessing it's great lakes or scary east ghost like new jersey

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
lovely place to visit. but when we were visiting various (beautiful!) state parks we had no loving idea what time it was at any given moment

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Enderzero posted:

look at this insanity

the three regions of Indiana are Chicago, Louisville and ???

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I couldn't point out michigan on a map, I'm guessing it's great lakes or scary east ghost like new jersey

just look for the mitten! but yeah, good on you for ignoring our dumb country. im just as bad, I had to look up edmonton and didn’t realize a metropolitan area was that far north. i wonder about the mall - does it smell musty and chloriney bc of the water park?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
everyone east of manitoba sounds like brad pitt from snatch

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Enderzero posted:

does it smell musty and chloriney bc of the water park?

a friend of mine worked in one of the food courts at WEM, and we'd go through the hallways to go pick him up and smoke him up after work. WEM is a fuckin giant brutalist concrete structure with crazy cement hallways and basements and poo poo

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

everyone east of manitoba sounds like brad pitt from snatch

does Canada have, and thus hate, gypsies or do the First Nations people play that role exclusively

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

a friend of mine worked in one of the food courts at WEM, and we'd go through the hallways to go pick him up and smoke him up after work. WEM is a fuckin giant brutalist concrete structure with crazy cement hallways and basements and poo poo

I want to go there more so than mall of America, I tell you whut

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i say heeeey you guuyss like sloth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Enderzero posted:

I want to go there more so than mall of America, I tell you whut

they recently ripped down the mindbender roller coaster, which is okay because that thing was legit scary, I never rode it and am not regretting it. I'll ride any of the waterpark slides though. I haven't been in forever, but I hope they still have the Cannonball slide, that one was scary. it was just a couple of spins, then it ended and dumped your rear end in a deep cauldron of water

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY-0BXtK3Ao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Enderzero posted:

does Canada have, and thus hate, gypsies or do the First Nations people play that role exclusively
most canadian answer possible: hey man don't call them gypsies not cool!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

i am tired of seeing gender-neutral things ending in -man turning into awkwardly worded -person constructions. i think i'm going to switch back to using "man" for all humans and werman/woman for male/female respectively, like we did in the good old days. who is with me

well excuuuuuse me, princeperson!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
hahahaha looks they have something even mmore terrifying than the cannonball now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJzjZ06SFQ

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Elder Postsman posted:

i’m a yooper

i miss playing euchre.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hahahaha looks they have something even mmore terrifying than the cannonball now

they’re waiting for you in the eva, shinji.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

President Beep posted:

i miss playing euchre.

my most Ontario-indulgent opinion is that euchre kicks rear end

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Truman Peyote posted:

my most Ontario-indulgent opinion is that euchre kicks rear end

it’s so loving good

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Liver Disaster posted:

its 2015, leave your bitterness behind, love yourself, chill

:hmmyes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the thrill of calling a loner, the swell of righteous indignation that goes along with yelling at the other team for table talk. beautiful.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

they’re waiting for you in the eva, shinji.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzTnScIJV0E

this is my favorite ride of all time, when I started smoking weed I rode this and it was loving amazing. I'd go ride it rn if I could

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

my favorite joke of all time is also a pirate joke.

you: "what is a pirate's favorite letter?"
them (rolling their eyes): "is it ARR?"
you (squinting, affecting a pirate accent): "nay. ye'd think it be ARR! but a pirate's true love be the C."

the grin and chuckle cricked something in my back, so, thank you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

this is my favorite ride of all time, when I started smoking weed I rode this and it was loving amazing. I'd go ride it rn if I could

lol. yeah, those own. kind if has an old school dangerous vibe.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1T3uYeSYBQ

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

lol. yeah, those own. kind if has an old school dangerous vibe.

all my friends were about the zipper, but give me that swing of the century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JYmGZgz14

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

President Beep posted:

i miss playing euchre.

same

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

lol

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah that style is basically max terrifying. when I was 9 wet n wild Dallas had Der Stuka, which was just a straight near vertical drop. i was tall enough but wasn’t up to riding it at the time. im not sure i would ride that style nowadays. still, it’s probably safer than that kansas slide that killed a state senator’s kid via decap

edit: i absolutely will not ride a zipper anymore. it would have to be in a proper theme park for me to even consider it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you want to urban explore WEM, get two people and wear a high viz vests hard hats, and one person has to have a clipboard. put paper in the clipboard dummy.

if you do that you can go into the weird and endless brutalist hallways

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

SmokaDustbowl posted:

if you want to urban explore WEM, get two people and wear a high viz vests hard hats, and one person has to have a clipboard. put paper in the clipboard dummy.

if you do that you can go into the weird and endless brutalist hallways

and walk confidently. that’s one of the keys

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Enderzero posted:

and walk confidently. that’s one of the keys

there's not mucch to see and you'll get lost in WEM lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Enderzero posted:

yeah that style is basically max terrifying. when I was 9 wet n wild Dallas had Der Stuka, which was just a straight near vertical drop. i was tall enough but wasn’t up to riding it at the time. im not sure i would ride that style nowadays. still, it’s probably safer than that kansas slide that killed a state senator’s kid via decap

edit: i absolutely will not ride a zipper anymore. it would have to be in a proper theme park for me to even consider it

jesus christ wait what