Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

a screaming suicide machine that will eventually get old enough to spend all your money
gotta ride through the mansions of glory somehow :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

until I did some vague exercise when I was 18, I fit in the second category of nerd: tall and v. skinny with a BMI of 'uhhhhh you need to eat more'. like virtually zero body fat at all. then I had zero body fat but some actual muscle to go with it.

even now I don't think I float because I have such a low body fat percentage lol

fast metabolism 4 lyfe*

*possibly only until 40s results may vary

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

until I did some vague exercise when I was 18, I fit in the second category of nerd: tall and v. skinny with a BMI of 'uhhhhh you need to eat more'. like virtually zero body fat at all. then I had zero body fat but some actual muscle to go with it.

even now I don't think I float because I have such a low body fat percentage lol

fast metabolism 4 lyfe*

hello fellow "single digit body fat in their 20's" I am now 41 and technically obese despite best efforts so good luck

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

The Fool posted:

hello fellow "single digit body fat in their 20's" I am now 41 and technically obese despite best efforts so good luck

hell yeah same for me though i'm not obese yet just well on the way there despite skipping breakfast and cycling a lot.

stopping cigarettes and having a baby really threw me off

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shifty Pony posted:

highly recommend, although it makes you get cold easy.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I had to wear a hoodie, sweatpants and socks at home this winter after losing almost 40kg over the past 3 years

mystes
May 31, 2006

You say that like it's a bad thing

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I managed to stay within the same ~5kg/~10lb for 20 years and I’m 35 now so we’ll see how well it holds up but it’s likely gonna get harder since I do need to exercise more than before, I am a bit stronger and fitter than I was though.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

MononcQc posted:

I managed to stay within the same ~5kg/~10lb for 20 years and I’m 35 now so we’ll see how well it holds up but it’s likely gonna get harder since I do need to exercise more than before, I am a bit stronger and fitter than I was though.

same but 25 years and i'm 41.

def need to exercise more tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
main thing for me as a nearly 40 dad of a toddler I need flexibility. been stretching like crazy and doing yoga in addition to dumbbell workouts.

still chonky tho I love beer and my partner works at a brewery.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i hope i didnt come off as fitness shaming. its really hard to make that time in modern life. i only got here because i made fitness a job but i deeply appreciate how hard it is to be active after a 9-5. im proud of yall for doing what youre doing since most people here are computer touchers. namaste and god bless. im going on a bike ride

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

My fitness routine got major disrupted after the baby. It’s stabilizing a bit now but it’s hard.

We did sign up for meals delivered from fresh n lean. Stupid name, but pretty good meals. It’s maybe a little pricy compared to making stuff at home but compared to the alternative of ordering fast food from Uber eats because we’re too tired to do anything else it’s affordable and way healthier

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

ADINSX posted:

My fitness routine got major disrupted after the baby. It’s stabilizing a bit now but it’s hard.

This happened to me and now i’ve made the situation worse by having a 2nd.

lol at having free time to exercise.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
when the weather is nice, the jogging stroller is a fantastic workout and she has a blast looking at the all the dogs and speeding down the path

but it definitely takes some building up to get there because you’re pushing an extra 30+ pounds the whole way

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Nybble posted:

the jogging stroller

this is the only way I was able to train for a marathon

kiddo took a nap, I got a nice 2 hour run

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I’ve got one and I’m looking forward to using it this summer. At 3 months she’s still a bit too small and the weather in Seattle is still hit or miss

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

not all joggers have it, but I got my son out all winter in the thule chariot with him bundled in blankets and the cover up

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Achmed Jones posted:

christ it's called apollos belt, y'all nasty. i know rick and morty said it but that doesn't mean you have to repeat it

Queer folks have been using the phrase "cum gutters" since long before Dan Harmon managed to sexually-harass his way into getting fired from Community and deciding to throw his lot in with a fellow creep who had been doing these animated parodies of Doc and Marty from Back to the Future at Channel 101. We're not gonna give up the phrase now because reddit discovered it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

The Fool posted:

not all joggers have it, but I got my son out all winter in the thule chariot with him bundled in blankets and the cover up

Yeah mine has a cover too, I meant the weather is still a little crummy for me

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

Queer folks have been using the phrase "cum gutters" since long before Dan Harmon managed to sexually-harass his way into getting fired from Community and deciding to throw his lot in with a fellow creep who had been doing these animated parodies of Doc and Marty from Back to the Future at Channel 101. We're not gonna give up the phrase now because reddit discovered it.

It’s still sort of a gross phrase though

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

It’s still sort of a gross phrase though

spermaducts

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Midjack posted:

spermaducts

That’s a little better I guess

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Midjack posted:

spermaducts

load-bearing trenches

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i remember hearing the term cum gutter in high school over twenty years ago

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
its too early on a sunday morning, can we fuckin find something else to talk about? failing that, can we please not post?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

no

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

where's elle when you need her

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

its too early on a sunday morning, can we fuckin find something else to talk about? failing that, can we please not post?

here, lets talk about old video cards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMiEszQBik

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

:cumpolice:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

fast metabolism 4 lyfe*

a pretty good study was out recently saying that, barring thyroid or other disease impacts, people's metabolisms are pretty consistent from 20-60

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe5017

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

this was pretty funny tho

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

This took me a minute

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

lmao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

LanceHunter posted:

load-bearing trenches

always knew that was gonna come in handy some day

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

LanceHunter posted:

r&m hired a bunch* of twitter comedians as writers for season 4 and it was a mid-sized meme on there during the preceding year. hope it brings some solace to u that the use did not come from dan harmon

*) two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I think the actual anatomical term is "iliac furrows".