Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
lol I might go back to the beta if they ever push out the performance improvements that are apparently ready

Updates are slow coming these days, I wish we could get some QoL stuff, the smilies could use a tag search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It's unfortunate that pokeyman doesn't seem to have a lot of time to drop by lately. Hope all is well.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Not a major issue but I just came up on my yearly re-login and encountered a few bugs:

1. The login prompt did not correctly pull up the onscreen keyboard. Just a blank space. Killing the app and restarting was enough to get it playing nice.

2. The first attempt to log in resulted in a CTD. As with the other bug, killing and restarting got it over the hump.

3. The whole affair appears to have changed my selection of theme, at least for the light theme half of things. Dark mode settings seem to have persisted.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
that mirrors my experience the last time i got logged out.

doesn't seem like there's anything on the horizon for new releases anymore though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Should we look into forking the project?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Warbird posted:

Should we look into forking the project?

I think that should be a last ditch solution over re-engaging with pokeyman and potentially looking into how to have more than one party release (though that also makes me nervous with some of the quality of rogue decision-making).

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

it's the awful app, sir.... it's gone rogue

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pokeyman is still active, so I assume that he’s ignoring the app for a reason. (Like “sick of it” which is a fine reason.)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Subjunctive posted:

Pokeyman is still active, so I assume that he’s ignoring the app for a reason. (Like “sick of it” which is a fine reason.)

I don’t have strong feelings about forking etc but isn’t “sick of it and hasn’t touched for months” kind of the definition of “not active”? Who says pokey is going to return to active development, ever?

If anyone is in touch, I’d suggest asking about his plans…

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I don’t have strong feelings about forking etc but isn’t “sick of it and hasn’t touched for months” kind of the definition of “not active”? Who says pokey is going to return to active development, ever?

If anyone is in touch, I’d suggest asking about his plans…

I mean that he’s active on the forums in other threads.

Nobody is making any predictions about what Pokeyman will choose to do, and nobody is preventing (or indeed can prevent) you or anyone else from forking the app if they decide that’s what they want to do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

If PM is done with things that’s perfectly fine and his prerogative. We should try and sort out a path forward if he’s a done as it seems.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'll start the wiki

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If Pokeyman is don, thanks for all the work this app is great.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Finally back in the 21st century!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Two quick thoughts:

1. The numbers representing new posts are now really small
2. Pull to refresh loading indicators are invisible in dark mode

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Awfully Hills 60210

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RandolphCarter posted:

If Pokeyman is don, thanks for all the work this app is great.

He's picked it back up for the first time in a while this weekend.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lets loving goooooooooo

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

New themes seem nice, don’t remember these in the last TestFlight build.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
:unsmith:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

On the latest beta build, when swiping to dismiss the app the springboard icon is wrong during the unzoom animation.

Excuse the dithering and such.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

101 posted:

Two quick thoughts:

1. The numbers representing new posts are now really small
2. Pull to refresh loading indicators are invisible in dark mode

I agree with both of these

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Also in YOSPOS the page number selector is grey-on-white sometimes. Haven’t figured out the pattern!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Answer your drat phone once in a while

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I get like 5-10 calls a day that are “likely spam” so I decline them and then go clear them out every couple of weeks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So you only call anyone every few weeks?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t call people very often, but those are all voice mails that are 3 seconds of silence or 25 seconds of Mandarin, so I have to Do Work to delete them.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Mine looks like that, but Messages is also 125

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t call people very often, but those are all voice mails that are 3 seconds of silence or 25 seconds of Mandarin, so I have to Do Work to delete them.

yeah for people who aren't aware the spam call situation in canada right now is completely fuckin dire

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On the new beta the text in the box in this post is breaking out and causing scroll bars

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025946&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=105#post531092443

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Should just be a CSS thing but would like if the time stamp string on posts would use the same color as the “Page count and Killed by” string in the top level of threads

This is easily readable

This isn’t

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Put it in Dark Mode like God intended.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

Should just be a CSS thing but would like if the time stamp string on posts would use the same color as the “Page count and Killed by” string in the top level of threads

This is easily readable

This isn’t

That light text in the bottom one needs to be much darker and maybe even bolder.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

withak posted:

“gently caress accessibility” is a winning move in UX design yes

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

The latest beta has a spankykong light theme that has more legible font weight / color, you could give that a go

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

withak posted:

astral posted:

That light text in the bottom one needs to be much darker and maybe even bolder.

It’s the same with the OLED dark mode. It’s practically unreadable.

It’s been like this for over a year though so :shrug:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s fixed in the OLED dark beta theme, so it just seems like an oversight.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Threads often show 0/1 pages in the new beta, instead of 1/1 or 1/2 it seems

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
quick question, is there an option somewhere to swipe left from within a thread to bring me back to thread/forum listing? Or really any other option than hitting the < at the top left? Maybe a settings option I missed? Having to reach that far up with my thumb is really cramping my single hand browsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bhodi posted:

quick question, is there an option somewhere to swipe left from within a thread to bring me back to thread/forum listing? Or really any other option than hitting the < at the top left? Maybe a settings option I missed? Having to reach that far up with my thumb is really cramping my single hand browsing.

Unless I’m mistaken, the default is to swipe to the left to leave a thread and go to the thread listing. You don’t have to hit the < at all.