Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, looking forward to that a lot. i am not that taken with the building aspects, but part of the greatness of botw is that you could ignore half the systems when you felt like it, so good chances they know what they are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i hope it can grab me like botw did. also botw was the first zelda game i beat. not that i made many attempts at the others and i never had an n64.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

quiggy posted:

zelda is my favorite series and breath of the wild is probably the best game in that series, v v v excited to see where they take a sequel

people in the zelda thread are talking about it like it's this weekend

meanwhile i'm scrimping to replace my dearly beloved switch which like many a portable console grew legs

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

quiggy posted:

zelda is my favorite series and breath of the wild is probably the best game in that series, v v v excited to see where they take a sequel

I'm right there with you, it's taken me a while but I've come to the conclusion that Zelda is my favorite series.

I'm taking a 3 day weekend to just hermit away and play it on the 12th

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm right there with you, it's taken me a while but I've come to the conclusion that Zelda is my favorite series.

I'm taking a 3 day weekend to just hermit away and play it on the 12th

nice work guaranteeing that it'll in one way or another be unplayable on the 12th

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Picked up Vampire Survivors after having set it down back when the third stage had just come out, goddamn this game still slaps. Really appreciating all the QoL stuff they've added since, and appreciate there's still developers out there who like proper secrets as much as I do in games.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i have a gen 1 switch and it churns in towns in pokemon i imagine 2 breath 2 wild will just cause it to combust

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

except for the screen all switch hardware is the same

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nice work guaranteeing that it'll in one way or another be unplayable on the 12th

What huh?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh cool

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

murphy's law

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

murphy's law

Well, gently caress Murphy. Tell him to mind his own business

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i have a gen 1 switch and it churns in towns in pokemon i imagine 2 breath 2 wild will just cause it to combust

Thats just pokemons poo poo optimization.

Outside of thermal paste going wonky there isnt any difference between an old switch and a new one

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Outside of thermal paste going wonky there isnt any difference between an old switch and a new one
whoa jim silly-balls what happened

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A new era has dawned

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
so it has

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

here lies Beve S

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pepperony and chease

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
one weird tip for confusing yosposters!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

i didn't even know the switch had fans till scarlet

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

A new era has dawned

this change is scary to me

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

you've reminded me to see about opening my switch up and cleaning some dust out or something, thing goes ham during Splatoon matches
that and send my joycons off to nintendo to get the drift fixed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

oh no blimp issue posted:

you've reminded me to see about opening my switch up and cleaning some dust out or something, thing goes ham during Splatoon matches
that and send my joycons off to nintendo to get the drift fixed
definitely going to buy the switch now

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

definitely going to buy the switch now

its a launch model and it's gone 6 years without any sort of care or attention and been karted all over the world, the joy cons only developed drift in the last 6 months even

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I need to fix the left joycons in both my OG switch and switch lite

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

oh no blimp issue posted:

its a launch model and it's gone 6 years without any sort of care or attention and been karted all over the world, the joy cons only developed drift in the last 6 months even
ok thats not too bad

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

joycons are very easy to diy repair, had to install a new ribbon cable and shoulder button because kids like to drop things. helps if you already have phone/laptop repair tools like a spudger. you need a tri point screw driver too

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have 4 or 6 joycons i need to send back to be fixed but i keep not doing because i'm afraid theyll replace my cool colors with boring grey or something.

e: wait it can't be 6 i don't think, i only have 3 pairs

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah I bought a repair kit and new stick I just haven’t got around to it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

they don’t replace switch lite sticks for free btw

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

at least not mine

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh poo poo i went to the site and now they let you pick your color instead of saying "lol we might gently caress the colors up." cool!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's gonna suck paying for or doing a repair when the stick goes on little jones's switch lite

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beve Stuscemi posted:

A new era has dawned
are your balls no longer silly?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i refuse to recognize whatever alternate username jim silly-balls has chosen for themselves

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
James Serious Testicles

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I got the gulikit hall effect sticks to replace my badly drifting sticks. 5 stars would recommend.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I got the gulikit hall effect sticks to replace my badly drifting sticks. 5 stars would recommend.

how do they compare to the originals? i have heard that hall effect sticks can be less precise at times

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

They are nice, a bit stiffer. My original sticks started drifting pretty fast so most of my comparison is playing with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the joycons are very easy to fix. during the lockdowns i told my sister, who had never done any electronics anything before, how to do it over a video call using a kit from amazon, and she was able to get three of her four fixed properly. (the fourth one was my bad, she damaged a part because i explained something in an ambiguous way and encouraged her to keep pulling even though she said it wasn't moving. whoops).