Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Cythereal posted:

If you were talking to me, I don't think Tomb Kings can build roads.

Should be an infrastructure building.

quote:

Charnel Plaza - rank I - 400 gold - 2 turns
Income generated: +50
Campaign movement range: +5% for own armies starting their turn in this region (local armies)
In the once-resplendent streets of the Nehekharan cities, the dead shuffle about their business as if nothing has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Doomykins posted:

Should be an infrastructure building.

Oh, I never noticed the movement bonus.

I've been building those everywhere anyway because I need the gold.

Tomb Kings have felt by far the most starved for gold of all the campaigns I've played so far. They don't need to pay upkeep, but buildings are expensive, good techs cost gold, their income is terrible, and my only friends so far are Thorek and the Athel Loren wood elves so my trade, despite having lots of trade goods, is very limited.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pump wagons had their model count increased from 4 to 12 btw

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kazzah posted:

THATS A LOT OF SNOTLINGS

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
it's chorfin' time

fog removal & GPU saving mod still working for me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2859526891

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 14, 2023

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Appreciate the effort post.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

onesixtwo posted:

it's chorfin' time

fog removal & GPU saving mod still working for me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2859526891

Vital mod, thanks for confirming it works!

Any other mods we can confirm are working? I booted it up briefly over lunch with a handful of “working” (ie green in the mod loaded) ones, old standby stuff like Better Camera, and the game went berserk, so now I’m cautious.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Chorfin is interesting because you don't really wanna paint the map. Yeah you gotta have those mine and factories but Labor doesn't just happen in your borders. You need to a keep a punching bag set up to bop for employees. I haven't decided who that should be yet, though I'm pushing for Karak Kadrin and all manner of umgi are available...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

jokes posted:

THATS A LOT OF SNOTLINGS

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

lol chorfin'

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Chorf missile resistance talent gives them an extra big missile-blocking hat :haw:

I think I'm the only person who still cares about the old RoC campaigns, but I started one up with Kostaltyn so I could see Ulrika. Throgg to your north is coming at your right away with the monster hunt reward RoR dragon and mammoth herd in his army. Did that happen before?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah no way is that worth an extra 25g/turn and loss of suppression and ranged fire. Thanks!

They loving destroy gates AND walls. Combined with the fact that the AI is somewhat trying to hold walls again, they can actually be VERY clutch. Real good line disruptors as well. They are probably sub-optimal overall, but I think they actually excel at their niche and if you've got some good multi-tasking or pausing skills, I've had some real success with them in siege battles for both busting walls open immediately to pour in your units and also to just go flying into capture points and become chaos agents on the AI.

Kazzah posted:

Greenskins got huge buffs in this update, I legit expect the badlands to be Savage Orc lands forever now (until they get tuned back a bit or some other factions in the area get revamped to be more competitive). The great green shaman already has a habit of kicking rear end all over the place in my previous games, and now its going to be even more so.

TaintedBalance fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 14, 2023

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Caidin posted:

Chorfin is interesting because you don't really wanna paint the map. Yeah you gotta have those mine and factories but Labor doesn't just happen in your borders. You need to a keep a punching bag set up to bop for employees. I haven't decided who that should be yet, though I'm pushing for Karak Kadrin and all manner of umgi are available...

You don't have to hit the enable labour button! You can just have a bunch of outposts with the passive gold building in a province and let them pay for an army and generate conclave points.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Theswarms posted:

You don't have to hit the enable labour button! You can just have a bunch of outposts with the passive gold building in a province and let them pay for an army and generate conclave points.

Mod Hashut?!? This post, right here!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
DLC is very fun and imo worth the money, but I know that value varies for everyone.

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Did they really give you 3x the pump wagons now? That seems… strong.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They also reduced their other stats by a fair bit - not proportionally, it's still an overall buff, but it's not that crazy:

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS
Model Count 4 → 12
Additional Hit Points 1,150 → 400
Charge Bonus 50 → 35
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Base Weapon Damage 15 → 10
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 25 → 15

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS (FLAPPAS)
Model Count 4 → 12
Hit Points 5,856 → 6,288
Charge Bonus 75 → 60
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 25 → 15

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS (SPIKY ROLLERS)
Model Count 4 → 12
Additional Hit Points 1,440 → 500
Charge Bonus 50 → 35
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 40 → 20
Bonus vs Infantry 20 → 15

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It feels like it takes forever to upgrade a tower to level 2 if you don't go hard on outposts and mines immediately, oops

Also starting as Zhatan as soon as Kholek and Vilitch finished off their first targets they marched into my territory and sat next to my settlements doing nothing, spooky.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 14, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sindai posted:

It feels like it takes forever to upgrade a tower to level 2 if you don't go hard on outposts and mines immediately, oops

Also starting as Zhatan as soon as Kholek and Vilitch finished off their first targets they marched into my territory and sat next to my settlements doing nothing, spooky.
Sounds like they are trying to deliver you laborers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

IM FROM ZHARR-NAGGRUND AND I SAY ENSLAVE EM ALL!!!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GRAIL GUARDIANS

Melee Attack 36 → 42
Charge Bonus 38 → 50
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 13 → 20

I mean they were already line holders but they are just gonna be nuts now

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I think I expanded too quickly as Astragoth, I'm having trouble upgrading my poo poo and defending my territory. I loving love the chorf economy, holy poo poo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Patch notes talk about fixing Wide Thorgrim

Shoulda kept it, imo

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

GRAIL GUARDIANS

Melee Attack 36 → 42
Charge Bonus 38 → 50
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 13 → 20

I mean they were already line holders but they are just gonna be nuts now

Grail anythings should be nuts. They drank from the Grail!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I still barely use Guardians tbh. The insane charge bonus Knights get and PV means you just keep wheeling and charging until the End Battle splash goes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
gently caress it I'm going to play thorgrim and go to war with these unbaraki hat wearers.

Or better yet I'll play Ungrim.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

JBP posted:

gently caress it I'm going to play thorgrim and go to war with these unbaraki hat wearers.

Or better yet I'll play Ungrim.

can you report back if you manage to game diplomacy enough to ally and be best dawi buddies

FrenchBen
Nov 30, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Oh, I never noticed the movement bonus.

I've been building those everywhere anyway because I need the gold.

Tomb Kings have felt by far the most starved for gold of all the campaigns I've played so far. They don't need to pay upkeep, but buildings are expensive, good techs cost gold, their income is terrible, and my only friends so far are Thorek and the Athel Loren wood elves so my trade, despite having lots of trade goods, is very limited.

Yeah, you basically need to sack all the time for every last bit of gold - Once you have a second or third army and have pushed west a bit, you can put one on raiding duty over at the black pyramid of nNagash if you haven't taken it yet, which is around 500 gold per turn and the enemy there never does anything but guard the pyramid - At least never seen them do anything else. Taking a port settlement is mandatory for increased trade but you risk opening yourself to more wars too, which I'm guessing is how Alarielle found and declared war on you last time. You've already learned the other most important lesson, which is to kill all rats near you ASAP, whenever possible at least which admittedly as Khalida isn't the easiest thing thanks to the other large threats nearby - Though having Thorek as a friend does allow you to breathe a bit easier.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Gonkish posted:

I think I expanded too quickly as Astragoth, I'm having trouble upgrading my poo poo and defending my territory. I loving love the chorf economy, holy poo poo.

I'm lovin' figuring out how to play tall. Remember anytime you think about expanding, to look in the mirror and see if your hat can get taller without expanding first. If so, go punch and raid the neighbors you're planning to take over to refine that hat before you bust in.

Also, I think that blitzing capitals with at least 125 influence so you can immediately bump them to tier 3, and enough money and labor to instant build the garrison, roads, and dreadquake mortar is the "safe" way to do it? There is probably a more optimal way for people who are really good at the game, but my high rear end is finding pretty good success with this.

Tower core settlement building are an excellent source of influence per turn, and they have a couple buildings that will really improve your ability to gently caress around in the province overall (roads, dreadquakes, replenishment, etc). You don't get nearly as much immediate utility out of minor settlements, and you get a lot more out of raiding than most factions, soooo, do that. The rapacious growth actually happens internally to your economy and settlements, not the outward locust the rest of the factions do. You'll get there as things start compounding, but early game in particular seems to specifically reward methodical and considered external actions that maximize your internal growth.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Chorf campaign really does not gently caress around. Playing as Astrogoth and I'm getting wardecced by a new faction every two turns, and hit from like four directions at once. Prob gonna have to restart.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Eschatos posted:

Chorf campaign really does not gently caress around. Playing as Astrogoth and I'm getting wardecced by a new faction every two turns, and hit from like four directions at once. Prob gonna have to restart.

It's not that bad. Once all the orcs in the area are dead you're surrounded by chorfs and dwarfs who won't do much.

I need to finish this stupid drill though

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Since some people haven't played in forever, remember, GIANTS can destroy walls too now

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Eschatos posted:

If there are factions you don't want to fight, make sure they have someone else to fight. In my chorf campaign Kholek just randomly appeared in my starting province and started raiding. Since he wasn't at war with anyone, it was probably only a matter of time before he war decced me. So I spent a bunch of money to get him to join a few of my wars, and I haven't seen him since.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Maintaining good relationships with your fellow Chaos Dwarfs seems pretty easy.

But yeah expanding outwards too much will strangle you from my playing. I will probably stay in my current few provinces for a bit building up while raiding and looting for labour to keep it all running.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

can you report back if you manage to game diplomacy enough to ally and be best dawi buddies

You start right next door to the mechwarrior dude as Ungrim! Didn't expect him up in that northern bit. We're not at war but it's -100 diplomacy and we hate each other. I've cleared out the orcs and poo poo now so it's time to fight the big hats.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I got ambitious and jumped Astragoth across the mountains to strangle Azhag in the cradle on like turn 4, and crushed him. My pleasure at this accomplishment was greatly diminished by a wardec from some random fuckin' ogres who stomped in with two full stacks and proceeded to roll my part of the Darklands up like a rug. I strongly suspect the "murder Azhag and take his cool mountain regions" play is viable, but that was clearly not how to do it, at least on higher difficulties.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Anyone got opinions on Iron Daemons? As Zhatan I get big discounts so

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

toasterwarrior posted:

Anyone got opinions on Iron Daemons? As Zhatan I get big discounts so

You should make them op

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I'm fighting a hellwar with vampires, ogres, Cathay and orcs right now. Basically beset on all sides of my empire except north.

Fortunately some of the dwarf units are so insanely overpowered against the AI so I can keep myself alive against the endless hordes. Astragoth himself is basically unkillable with some gear and you can just run him into the enemy army and then start nuking them with spells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Well MY little Astrogoth is doin fine. I killed off those western Skaven. The yellow vamps to the south declared war and then sued for peace once I sacked a town of theirs. Grimgor declared war, then apparently got occupied with other matters because he never showed up; once my army was free I went and killed him completely in two battles. I’m now beating up Greasus, mostly for the labour, and once he’s tapped out I might go give Ungrim a good kicking. I’ve got two built-up provinces, each with two mines and one factory, which I can’t quite keep topped up with slaves. All on VH; just lucky I guess.

The council positions that give you free wargear pay off extremely quickly.

The half-second delay on all tooltips is really giving me the shits.