Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Jonny 290 posted:

Yep we did same, official ban on it for anything related to company work. also some salesbro invited comma.ai to every zoom on every employee's calendar and got run up a flagpole over it

lmao. for what?

i didn't realize comma.ai had moved beyond illegal car mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait i mixed up my services. i meant otter.ai

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
anguilla has a lot to answer for

we had a client that deals with fairly sensitive government related information insist that they wanted to integrate microsoft 365's new LLM features, and had been using free instances of ChatGPT experimentally and i had to explain that no, they did not, and they should stop doing that immediately.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 19, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah i dont particularly care about bad TTS transcriptions, what i care about is some shitbag griftbros storing all our trade secrets in some unsecured s3 bucket

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

these guys are generally very paranoid about information leaking, but it just never occurred to them what these tools do with the stuff you're submitting to them

they would never hire some offshore service to summarize calls for them, but because it's a web page, it's fine, i guess?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

infernal machines posted:

anguilla has a lot to answer for

we had a client that deals with fairly sensitive government related information insist that they wanted to integrate microsoft 365's new LLM features, and had been using free instances of ChatGPT experimentally and i had to explain that no, they did not, and they should stop doing that immediately.

Oof.

Now I'm trying to imagine the first poor soul who is going to try and get FedRAMP certification for some LLM system.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
so, instagram is reportedly doing away with the single link in the bio, and will now allow five.

i wonder if someone at linktree said something bad about zuck and this is him hitting back to destroy their business

(not really, since instagram will never allow direct profile links to onlyfans)

either way, looking forward to how poo poo this will look, and how badly it will get abused by absolute shitheads!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

It can be frustrating when my company's leadership is quick to hop on board various tech hype trains, but at least they were smart enough to realize the LLM hype was overblown and sent out a company-wide email a little while back specifically banning any of us from using any generative services for anything work-related.

we got this but it was because it leaks private information

it also noted that we're investigating ways we can integrate it to help better serve our customers though so stay tuned!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Casual Encountess posted:

i love my np. shes no bullshit and Very Good at advocating for me. i dont bother her with petty bullshit and she worked real hard to get me into behavioral health services as soon as i was onboard. my psychiatrist slaps too and is happy to call around to places so i can get my adderall.

ive been surfing providers forever before this. ill take an np any day over an md. i dont have an extensive medical background but my mom was an ob/gyn and i used to be an emt so im better than most. i had a string of gp md’s who would ignore the poo poo out of what i said and it annoys the poo poo out of me because im not some self diagnosed idiot. i have several binders full of my medical history. i have a very acute awareness of how hosed i am in the head and it sucked to have doctors be condescending and lovely to me.

my new bae tho. im goin to the neurologist, the dermatologist, and nutritionist this month and all it took was “hi i keep getting recurring bumps on my forearm can i get a dermatologist referral? do you wanna see some gross close up photos??” “send them along and ill put them in your referral packet” and it took two days to book.

around here you can just book an appointment directly with a dermatologist, no need for a referral

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

haveblue posted:

gpt: sorry, I cannot write you a prescription for that much morphine so soon after your last one

me: actually, you're wrong

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

this just sounds like an inherently terrible idea
tech bubble v5.3: this just sounds like an inherently terrible idea

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Chris Knight posted:

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
"yes, and"-ing our way to the torment nexus

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
washington post has an analysis of the sites scraped in google's C4 data set for LLMs https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interactive/2023/ai-chatbot-learning/

nothing too surprising

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

you can ask bing about a recent abduction case and it will of course do free association including naming the alleged perpetrator (currently under a name ban, fairly common for high profile cases in case theyre innocent) and speculate about his involvment in another case

https://politiken.dk/indland/art9310382/Chatbot-omg%E5r-navneforbud-i-kidnapningssag

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Chris Knight posted:

an almost perpetual thread title lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ruffian Price posted:

holy poo poo. the more you know
you grill on a barbecue, and barbecue in a smoker!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
here have some bubbel

https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/1648861391053283329

they really are all obsessed with the notion that their wfh employees are half-assing it and collecting 2-3 simultaneous paychecks

we will replace the woke millenials who are quiet quitting with 30-50 feral ai chathogs!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
that guys face looks like he's had a good amount of work done. guessing hairplugs too.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

the of being so dead inside and having so little empathy that he doesn't even know how to smile. no joy, just a rictus grimace indistinguishable from severe pain

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

BattleMaster posted:

the face of being so dead inside and having so little empathy that you don't even know how to smile. no joy, just a rictus grimace indistinguishable from severe pain

hit the power button on your monitor, it'll help

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its just botox

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

that guys face looks like he's had a good amount of work done. guessing hairplugs too.

i'm not fully sure he himself isn't a generative ai

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vast Headroom

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Agile Vector posted:

i'm not fully sure he himself isn't a generative ai

quote:

He told content writers they should be using AI to increase output “30-50 times our normal production.”

oh my god, someone unleashed the AI version of grey goo on the world

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah maybe

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

maybe but there are a lot of people out there who think that smiling is just sort of baring your teeth in a grimace, like the smiling through the pain meme guy

edit: what's the deal with botox anyway I haven't seen anyone get it done and come out looking better than if they hadn't, just weird puffy cheeks and upside-down smiles

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 20, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
charles darwin in addition to being the most significant biologist of all time with the finches did a lotta weird rear end niche work with barnacles, coral atolls, the formation of soil humus and human smiling. what's called the duchenne smile was actually first studied by darwin - this is a smile which you can have relative anatomical confidence is not induced consciously, you look at the wrinkles at the corner of the eyes

botoxxed up peeps, what with having no wrinkles, often can never do a duchenne-darwin smile again, so you can never be anatomically sure if they have a genuine smile again

other source of creepiness is of course the bared lower teeth. close to an animal universal that thats a threat. bared upper teeth being friendly is also a cultural specific, even like, eastern euro peeps wont trust it

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 20, 2023

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah i've always thought its weird that we have this bared teeth thing as an indicator of friendliness, what other animal does that?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
well gently caress i never realized that was why it bothered me, but i'll be damned (e: the non-eye smile, the lower teeth)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

yeah i've always thought its weird that we have this bared teeth thing as an indicator of friendliness, what other animal does that?

they barely even do it in canada. incredibly american. globalized inasmuch as america globalizes everything all the time everywhere

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they barely even do it in canada. incredibly american

I dont really think this is true. You see lots of people smiling with bared teeth across the world.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
teeth-smiling in photographs or portraits wasn't common historically at least

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

I dont really think this is true. You see lots of people smiling with bared teeth across the world.

see second sentence

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

DELETE CASCADE posted:

yeah but like when people laughed irl they still showed their teeth, like in that one famous photo where the very dour eastern european couple busts up laughing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

see second sentence

i dont think so.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you hold a smile for eight hours while some nerd with a brush paints a picture and tell me how it goes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

it’s not true, bob dobbs is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

for instance here's a picture of some famously globalized north korean soldiers