Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So is that a baby moose or what, the pics I've seen the fuckers before make me think a tractor trailer might not win the collision but that one seems pretty... not that huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

It looked young, some kind of sub-adult but not a calf.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Once saw a soldier who was doing a small-ish amount of extra duty get the suspended part of his duty enacted, because he was not at his place of duty. Why? Abandoned extra duty picking up trash in a field to chase a couple geese with a stick.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

mlmp08 posted:

Once saw a soldier who was doing a small-ish amount of extra duty get the suspended part of his duty enacted, because he was not at his place of duty. Why? Abandoned extra duty picking up trash in a field to chase a couple geese with a stick.

“But sir! Those geese were a clear threat to our ongoing activities! If i had not chased them in circles with a stick for 30 minutes they would have pinched mcMurphys butt and you know how thats going to end up!!!”

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

Took individual initiative to ensure the ongoing security of the Company footprint. Even though on Extra Duty, SM sought out to hone and maintain combatives skills and the Warrior Ethos.

Recommended Action- CoA; Promote ahead of peers.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Abandoned extra duty picking up trash in a field to chase a couple geese with a stick.

There’s a thin line between brave and stupid, and chasing geese sounds like it falls into the latter category.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/471139142353551389/1030925790809964585/VID_20221015_205658_579.mp4

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ahahahahh this motherfucker thought he was will smith about to get jiggy with it

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Love that the dude is quite obviously not an actual cop.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
You say that like cops are any better at firearms handling than your average American dipshit.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Dick Burglar posted:

You say that like cops are any better at firearms handling than your average American dipshit.

Oh no, not at all. Just that he in particular is a cosplaying wannabe. It's the gear, not the stupid gun mishandling.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's probably not worth asking, but why in God's name would you do that with a loaded weapon, and why in Satan's name would you rack it first?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's probably not worth asking, but why in God's name would you do that with a loaded weapon, and why in Satan's name would you rack it first?

<insert Dea agent shooting his foot in school room video>

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Cowboy poo poo

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Extremely weird looking bullet hole. Which makes me happy!

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Is that real? The recoil and bullet hole look off.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Punished Ape posted:

Is that real? The recoil and bullet hole look off.

I don't think it's real either.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
yeah it's fake, but amusing

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

It has happened repeatedly but the cop union was like “hey don’t upload this.”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fearless posted:

It looked young, some kind of sub-adult but not a calf.

Oh great, a teenage moose.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

goatsestretchgoals posted:

It has happened repeatedly but the cop union was like “hey don’t upload this.”

only union in america anymore with power

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oh great, a teenage moose.

Once they are past a certain size, none of them are to be taken lightly but the bulls in rut can be incredibly, persistently aggressive and when they cows have calves they are known to fight grizzlies and win.

Do not trifle with meese.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
An anecdote taken from these here very forums

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Fearless posted:

Once they are past a certain size, none of them are to be taken lightly but the bulls in rut can be incredibly, persistently aggressive and when they cows have calves they are known to fight grizzlies and win.

Do not trifle with meese.

It is dangerous to go alone to meet a moose. Take this

or this, alternatively

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

FreshFeesh posted:

An anecdote taken from these here very forums

I thought "Elk" was a different animal, in american english

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Xakura posted:

I thought "Elk" was a different animal, in american english

An elk is a different animal than a moose, but it's still a huge deer that sheds its antlers annually, is dumb as a pile of bricks, and is completely ruled by its dick once a year, and likes to visit you in the car via the windshield at highway speeds.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah, an elk is a really big loving deer, but still just a red deer. A moose is a completely different animal, is even larger, and will straight up end you.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
A moose is a type of deer.

In much the same way that a tiger is a type of cat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

poo poo, you're right. Either way, moose are the king of the forest.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also, elk are like twice the size of a red deer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McGavin posted:

Also, elk are like twice the size of a red deer.

Elk are the largest type of red deer according to wikipedia. Moose are different deer.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Elk are the largest type of red deer according to wikipedia. Moose are different deer.

Wikipedia posted:

red deer (Cervus elaphus)
elk (Cervus canadensis)

Elk were long believed to belong to a subspecies of the European red deer (Cervus elaphus), but evidence from many mitochondrial DNA genetic studies beginning in 1998 shows that the two are distinct species.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
An elk is a moose in countries that don't have them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’ve been had by the internet. drat you, google!

Thank you for the correction.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo, you're right. Either way, moose are the king of the forest.

https://naturenoon.com/orcas-natural-predator-of-mooses/

Apparently they fall to orcas... Which is impressive.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nothing would gently caress with an orca

You don't earn the name killer whales for no reason

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ASAPI posted:

https://naturenoon.com/orcas-natural-predator-of-mooses/

Apparently they fall to orcas... Which is impressive.

Orcas attack blue whales by jamming themselves into their mouths and eat their tongue.
They gang up on great white sharks and rip out their belly to eat the liver.

It’s a loving mystery why they don’t murder humans over and over.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Game recognize game.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I know I'm a filthy euro but how frequently do y'all and yours get endangered/hosed up by moose that seemingly everyone has a story or life experience about avoiding them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know I'm a filthy euro but how frequently do y'all and yours get endangered/hosed up by moose that seemingly everyone has a story or life experience about avoiding them

The dumb fucks don’t know/care what a road or car is. I’ve had to drive around a few traveling through Idaho.