Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

quote:

Mi-240 Super Hind takes 20% more damage from all projectiles
MV-38 Condor takes 10% more damage from all projectiles

lmao rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Chronojam posted:

It used to give hit markers but do nothing, another reason why BF1 is better because you could gently caress with aircraft with just a pistol

yaaa this sounds about right for this game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

verbal enema posted:

I love that gun

When my friend first told me it was good, I thought "yeah, but he also likes the K30 and I suck at close range."

But then I actually tried it, and you literally just run around hip-firing with the burst-fire and effortlessly killing guys without even needing to aim well. It's very silly.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
BF1 air in operations was miserable to fight against until they made it that you could repair the AA guns.

Even with coordinated small arms fire because you would just get trench darted endlessly.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 22, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Checking this out again for the first time after the class change and having a really good time. It's still not an amazing bf game but it feels like it's in a pretty good place right now.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

comedyblissoption posted:

i would say going for headshots in situations it makes sense matters. headshots are very rewarding in bf

it's just that the headshot stat never matters in any game and there are lots of situations intentionally not headshotting is good.

I have close to 1200 kills with the lever action GVT 45-70. HS rate is a tad over 60% -- just so crucial to nail those, and it's a 1-hit kill from any range, even with suppressor. I think -- it's actually been a while since I even picked it up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Does Rao's hacking ability also target vehicles like they were hit with a tracking dart? I noticed vehicles that I hack get the yellow box but I'm not sure if that means the same as the yellow box that indicates I've stuck a dart to a vehicle. Just wondering if there's any point in hacking then sticking a vehicle with a dart or if I can just hack to save time and not bring a tracking dart. Also this is the first time playing since they've added the dart to 2042, do missiles locked onto the dart track through countermeasures? It's been a while since playing bad co. but I could've sworn they did which is why I loved using them so much.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 23, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
After running the PBX for what feels like forever going back to the AVANCSYS on Casper is a delight

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

do missiles locked onto the dart track through countermeasures? It's been a while since playing bad co. but I could've sworn they did which is why I loved using them so much.

I don't use darts (seems nobody on my team knows how to take advantage of them, they wear off pretty quickly, too), so I don't really know. But in BF BC2, a heli launching smoke countermeasure definitely disabled the dart. A quick look at reddit suggests that this is the same in 2042.

Tracer dart only has a use if a stealth heli is being a pain and you have a friend who knows you are using the tracer dart. It's the only thing that lets you lock onto a stealth heli when it is in stealth mode.

If you are coordinating with people, it seems you can use the dart on infantry or clumps of infantry and javelin them. So that sounds fun at least.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Gotcha, thanks. I never knew the countermeasures removed the dart. Might be good to mess around with when squadding with friends but otherwise seems situational.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

codo27 posted:

Why are vehicles so gimped in this? I'm certain that players have a higher ttk when taking fire from tanks and light armor than from my AR. And why does one of the attack choppers just seemingly start out with no weapons at all?

Because you're invulnerable to 97% of weapons in the game, and those that can hurt you require multiple hits to kill you.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Eat C4 bitch

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

explosivo posted:

Gotcha, thanks. I never knew the countermeasures removed the dart. Might be good to mess around with when squadding with friends but otherwise seems situational.

Since I’ve been solo queuing I’ve been having fun with the SOFLAM. As most flying things instantly pop smoke the moment I look at them at my rank. Also why the stealth helicopter seems rare at my rank.

I just had a match where I jumped on a building planned on putting out a spawn when I saw the enemy transport falling from the sky empty. I jumped after and it only took half damage in the fall.’ I got some flying and people deployed before crashing trying to avoid multiple locks between buildings . A dude uselessly shot below me when I first stole it. He must have been so pissed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shnag posted:

Since I’ve been solo queuing I’ve been having fun with the SOFLAM. As most flying things instantly pop smoke the moment I look at them at my rank. Also why the stealth helicopter seems rare at my rank.

I always loved the SOFLAM for this exact reason, with the occasional bonus of making an inexperienced pilot panic so hard they immediately crash. Still haven't unlocked it in 2042 yet though :(

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

verbal enema posted:

Eat C4 bitch

C5

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

explosivo posted:

I always loved the SOFLAM for this exact reason, with the occasional bonus of making an inexperienced pilot panic so hard they immediately crash. Still haven't unlocked it in 2042 yet though :(

I know it’s not the same, but the flying drone is still fun for spotting and you can annoy ground vehicles with it. It’s fun spotting from the air and seeing teammates shoot guys you spot. It sometimes feels a little like an strategy game like command and conquer. And how close those some of those games nail it, with listening to multiple burst fires from the distance and how some of your dudes just go prone and such regardless of where they are

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shnag posted:

I know it’s not the same, but the flying drone is still fun for spotting and you can annoy ground vehicles with it. It’s fun spotting from the air and seeing teammates shoot guys you spot. It sometimes feels a little like an strategy game like command and conquer. And how close those some of those games nail it, with listening to multiple burst fires from the distance and how some of your dudes just go prone and such regardless of where they are

i sometimes just get really stoned and do nothing but spot with the drone it loving rules

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tbh I've been having a great time running around spotting/hacking poo poo as Rao. I've always been a habitual spotter in these games so it's nice to have a class that lets me truly go sicko mode with spotting.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
my drone just protected me from a loving jet dropping a bomb on me and a teammate

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

verbal enema posted:

my drone just protected me from a loving jet dropping a bomb on me and a teammate

A honourable sacrifice to be remembered

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shnag posted:

A honourable sacrifice to be remembered

i recorded it i should upload it it.

alsso the PDW-R in bf4 waas the hipfire king whats the good taptap hipfire smg in this game

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

explosivo posted:

Tbh I've been having a great time running around spotting/hacking poo poo as Rao. I've always been a habitual spotter in these games so it's nice to have a class that lets me truly go sicko mode with spotting.

Blasco's weird little cosmic key device can block spotting up and down through floors, slapping it down when there's a gunfight above or below you is a gold mine.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

verbal enema posted:

i sometimes just get really stoned and do nothing but spot with the drone it loving rules

Yeah same, very chill somehow. "i am your god, I see what you cannot" *pings a squad of 4 who then get shot down a few seconds later*

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I keep having this glitch where I lose all control, if I'm moving I'll just keep moving in that direction, if not I just stand still. Lasts for like 10 seconds and happens a couple times a match. No solid answers as to the cause, one person said it was their usb DAC but I don't have one of those. I have been using my usb connected studio monitors though, and I'm wondering if it happened the first couple sessions I tried using my headset. Need to go back and try that again.

I'm still figuring out the scoring as well. Back in 3 & 4, I'd always be at least top 5 on my team if not the match, from capping flags and a healthy amount of kills as well. I haven't been as effective in this so far but it's weird being down in the bottom half of the scoreboard.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

subsonic ammo with a heavy barrel is insanely good, it extends your reach for snipers and nobody ever knows where you're shooting from

I'll definitely try that out, sounds op.

This is good news, definitely one of the worst maps currently. Also I just realized is there no maps with water traversal? Was V like that as well I forgot? 1943 maps that had water traversal were so great, gave the battlefield way more routes/strategies.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Hot Diggity! posted:

BF1 air in operations was miserable to fight against until they made it that you could repair the AA guns.

Even with coordinated small arms fire because you would just get trench darted endlessly.

Once they added the Burton LMR, two people with it switched to Incendiary Rounds would be enough to harass any plane out of an attack run.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

jisforjosh posted:

Once they added the Burton LMR, two people with it switched to Incendiary Rounds would be enough to harass any plane out of an attack run.

Yeah it's too bad that it was introduced just a few months before BFV was released

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw for the first time I had a lot of technical issues with this game. I changed my motherboard and upgraded to Windows 11. The game wouldn't launch half the time and then around 3mins into the game it would crash citing Dx11 error. Managed to fix it by updating the bios.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Reworked Discarded map is out. Positive changes for the most part. I actually liked the old Breakthrough, but it was just such a slog between the sectors. This is much more urban-like and in general not as spread out.

The weekly mission is very engineer-focused so all vehicles are getting poo poo on. You love to see it, especially the tank lords crying in chat.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Dont really know if l like the uniform soldier aiming, doesnt seem beneficial as a M&K player and its just thrown me off slightly. Is it worth sticking out to get used to for "better muscle memory" as they describe or is it primarily beneficial to controller players?

Also Discarded does feel improved so thats nice. Disappointed to see Exodus gone tho.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
67 kills away from t1 mastery for the pbx hell yeah

is it normal to have 100% accuracy with the 880? i have to have missed at least ONE shot

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
32v32 conquest removed for a duplicate 64v64 conquest with only one map again
I'll never understand it, see you guys in a week

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

verbal enema posted:

is it normal to have 100% accuracy with the 880? i have to have missed at least ONE shot

For the side arm super 500 shotgun I have like 117% accuracy. It must be throwing off the stats when the pellets hit multiple people in one shot.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

For the side arm super 500 shotgun I have like 117% accuracy. It must be throwing off the stats when the pellets hit multiple people in one shot.

ok i was like wow am i a savant

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pontificating rear end posted:

32v32 conquest removed for a duplicate 64v64 conquest with only one map again
I'll never understand it, see you guys in a week

Yup, it sucks. Played 5 rounds to unlock the weekly bonus and that's it.

For some reason, the more players you have the more sheeple they become. 3 rounds in a row, the majority of my team hung out at 1 point and predictably lost hard. It is pretty frustrating to see this type of idiocy over and over again after all this time.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Getting rid of shutdown sucks butt. I tried to just jump on and do a quick round to get my 10k before picking my kids up and the drat breakaway round lasted 45 mins. Come on. I loved the 15 minute short round.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I also always say C4 instead of C5

Same with AC52 instead of AC42.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

It's this. Accuracy stats for shotguns have been like this since atleast bf3's battlelog (may it rest in peace and return to us in our moment of deepest darkness and despair)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I thought the battle log was great, I was really sad when they just reused the same app for 1 and I didn't get to be a commander in the waiting room at my doctor's office anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I miss emblems. Running around around d with an LGBTQ clan tag and a rainbow emblem really upset a lot of gamers for free