Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Discarded does seem better but still one of my least fav maps, just feels like a worse version of Stranded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's butt ugly, too. Just piles of mud and puke and poo poo. Just no variation to the colour palette.

I definitely drew a covert dick on my b-log emblem and I think even that got reset after a while. It was just a (- but rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 27, 2023

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

For the side arm super 500 shotgun I have like 117% accuracy. It must be throwing off the stats when the pellets hit multiple people in one shot.

Shotguns have been stat tracked that way in Battlefield for a while now and its never not hilarious (150%+ accuracy on my top 3 shotguns in BFV, BF1 gave up tracking shotgun accuracy and it's blank)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
new discarded seems fine. its ugly as hell but wwhatever

A point owns cuz u can just run around like a mouse and pick up 30 kills easy

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
These are definitely the ugliest maps in the BF series, I'm convinced they had a bunch of pre-made boat and shipping container models they slapped on some landscapes to create the maps with minimum effort and cost. There's something to be said for the efficiency of popping out these maps but drat half of the new maps suck

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The climate catastrophe theme is the culprit, because only bland maps are thematically appropriate.

There is no chance it was the other way around and they picked that theme to get away with especially bland maps because they could hardly manage 128 players on a flat white rectangle map, no chance at all.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

They needed those wide open skies for the GPS mortars they apparently gave us :psyboom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veS1CHjwTrg

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

Shotguns have been stat tracked that way in Battlefield for a while now and its never not hilarious (150%+ accuracy on my top 3 shotguns in BFV, BF1 gave up tracking shotgun accuracy and it's blank)

IMO accuracy should be tracked like this - all the shots that miss don't count, but only for me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have 3 healing

I had 1 and was very proud of it idk where the other two came from I've NEVER healed anyone

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 28, 2023

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

It's butt ugly, too. Just piles of mud and puke and poo poo. Just no variation to the colour palette.

I definitely drew a covert dick on my b-log emblem and I think even that got reset after a while. It was just a (- but rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

strangely my dumb 9/11 dick emblem has survived

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Pontificating rear end posted:

There's something to be said for the efficiency of popping out these maps but drat half of the new maps suck

:dafuq:

"efficiency of popping out these maps"? They've released 4 additional maps in almost 18 months

Battlefield 4 released 20 additional maps through DLC in a little over a year

Battlefield 1 released 19 additional maps in about 16 months

Hell even the "abandoned" Battlefield 5 had 11 additional maps in less time

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
making maps is hard ok

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Since they're doing this portal thing they don't even need new maps, just stick in all of Battlefield: Vietnam and call it a week. Locker and Metro are already both great breakthrough maps with basically no changes needed. Shanghai is a fine conquest map, but could be a cool breakthrough map where the zones wrap around the water with the central skyscraper being the final objective.

I still haven't learned the map names in 2042. There's Icy Boat one, Big Landslide one, Amazon Warehouse on the Veldt one is probably my favorite, and I think there's a desert one?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I just dont think they have a lot of resources, nothing close to what the previous BF teams had

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Loaded up the game for the first time in a while today.

It ran a lot better for me, I think. Hope I'm not just imagining things.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Shoehead posted:

I miss emblems. Running around around d with an LGBTQ clan tag and a rainbow emblem really upset a lot of gamers for free

I think a bunch of us had Bill Cosby emblems. That... aged poorly.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Shoehead posted:

I miss emblems. Running around around d with an LGBTQ clan tag and a rainbow emblem really upset a lot of gamers for free

Those were the days. Then alternatively keeping the LGBT tag but switching to a Trump 2016 emblem if the rainbow/tag combo wasn't upsetting people

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Say what you will about call of duty, but I really miss hearing peoples hot mics when I kill them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

codo27 posted:

Say what you will about call of duty, but I really miss hearing peoples hot mics when I kill them.

Proximity chat in stuff like dmz and warzone is terrifying the first time it happens lol.

Are there any recommended settings for bf2042 on mouse controls? Coming from mw2 it always feels weird to me, less direct somehow, more floaty. Hard to explain.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I think a bunch of us had Bill Cosby emblems. That... aged poorly.

lol uhh let's all agree we don't have to talk about who did or didn't have Cosby emblem

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

I'm trying to remember if I ever used the Cosby emblem or if I simply deleted them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i deffo had a cosby emblem but i eventually changed it to mickey mouse which looked REALLY good on all my flat snow paint weapons and vehicles

flat snow was the best

e: i just got 100 pts for a "Forced Crash" ??

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 28, 2023

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

verbal enema posted:

i deffo had a cosby emblem but i eventually changed it to mickey mouse which looked REALLY good on all my flat snow paint weapons and vehicles

flat snow was the best

e: i just got 100 pts for a "Forced Crash" ??

I think that's if you've got a lock-on missile tracking them and they panic and crash. There's a forced bailout one that's similar.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pharmaskittle posted:

I think that's if you've got a lock-on missile tracking them and they panic and crash. There's a forced bailout one that's similar.

i was in the Bolte and I was the one who was being locked on too. I popped countermeasure and idk guess it hosed em up

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

BUTT clan never 4get

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Love that there's seemingly about a 50/50 chance the game will hang on a black screen while switching maps forcing me to alt-f4 and reopen the game.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I wouldn't say 50/50, but it happens to me as well.

The issue of suddenly losing input seems tied to USB audio as I read in some post online. When I switched from my USB monitors to 3.5mm headset, the issue went away, sort of. I get a little stutter for a second instead of losing all input for 10+.

Sniped my first jet last night with the standard tank shell. The rush of winning a BR is pretty cool, but moments like that and C5ing a tank in these games are still probably the best feeling in a shooter. If only they'd stopped allowing mid air repairs in choppers. Unlikely a tank would ever make contact irl, but if it did, that thing is going down. Not just flying away with no affect on mobility while someone repairs it while hanging out the side. I know its a time tested BF strategy, but its cheap. Its like something you'd expect in CoD.

Add me on origin already drat it! Same handle

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like mid air repairs, but I would have expected a tank shell to be fatal or knock it so off course it crashed in the next moment or two, disappointing

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
every little bird i come across lately is full of engineers repairing it and has the greatest pilot in the world flying it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I found it impossible to fly on PC idk how these lunatics do it on ps4

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

whaley posted:

every little bird i come across lately is full of engineers repairing it and has the greatest pilot in the world flying it

You need to be firing Lis rockets, but almost like dumb firing, from surprising angles (like from below them), before they can react. From a longer distance they can react.

https://i.imgur.com/pXDAgrd.mp4

Or then you just get lucky. :D
https://i.imgur.com/q8yNOZO.mp4

Or then you can just use the 60mm mortar.

https://i.imgur.com/Z5LcSWz.mp4

It's a shame that it's not a 1-hit kill against the attack chopper.

The tactical conquest playlist up now is good for some fast-paced infantry gameplay over 3 flags. I bounced around until got on a good squad (two of them were probably in Discord together), and we were just sweeping up. I used the Super 500 sidearm shotgun only because it was part of a weekly mission, but now I've started to use it more. Just deletes people up close. As a bonus, it makes people really mad.

https://i.imgur.com/uVThohN.mp4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Super 500 annihilates people

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

This is an evergreen battlefield quote.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

whaley posted:

It's bad but at least it's not BF4 bad.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's bad but at least it's not BF4 bad.

Feel like a full squad with a good pilot can completely dominate the map, you basically have insane mobility + dmg and can control the map/swing/defend any point. You can't do the same on a tank or ground vehicle way less mobility + way more counters. Luckily you don't see them too often.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
At least there's a few ways to deal with the heli's. The 50cal on the jeep does great damage and will harass the choppers even if you dont kill them. The cooldown on it is so low you can just spawn another if they kill you

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Controversial opinion, maybe Battlefield should get rid of classes and move to more of a Squad or Hell Let Loose loadout?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Controversial opinion, maybe Battlefield should get rid of classes and move to more of a Squad or Hell Let Loose loadout?

Maybe 128 players, too, to get some of that battle royale feel

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I really, really wish they would experiment with new game modes but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I’d prefer that if an enemy jet hits my transport helicopter at full speed we both blow up. Instead of my helicopter being flipped upside down making me crash and the jet keeps flying