Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSnseh90pkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't really watch Ultraman (I should) but that is a pretty cool suit, and boy they sure are getting use out of SentaiToku Gears :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The same trailer as above only with a bonus interview attached;

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LVzDoD0SPXM

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Story info (also we’re apparently getting a dub):

https://tsuburaya-prod.com/news/6028

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Trogglodyte posted:

Your thought is correct. That's Tomoya Warabino, actor for Heart. It also confirms he's not just a married older man (a rarity, the only other one I can think of is Shunichi Maki in The Next), he's also the commander of Blazar's defense team: SKaRD.
Oh also that newspaper doesn't show it but the poster revealed SKaRD has their own knockoff Mechagodzilla named Earthgaron.

Not just a married man. but a father of a seven year old

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

M.Matsuda posted:

Not just a married man. but a father of a seven year old
May Heart start a new wave of DILF protagonists

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Trogglodyte posted:

May Heart start a new wave of DILF protagonists

:bandwagon: we can only hope

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Well this is wild. It’s officially Ultraman Blazar and here’s why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUJQ1SeMnqc

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shin Kamen Rider tickets on sale May 5th
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Shin-Kamen-Rider

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Never mind my last post! Shin Kamen Rider tickets on sale NOW. Go to amctheaters.com and set your location, then look for movies showing on May 31st! I grabbed mine!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they're available through theater specific sites and Fandango, but not on Fathom itself

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The funniest part of this week's Geats was Buffa's Revolve On happening off-screen because the Jyamato armour makes no sense whatsoever.

Granted, it wasn't meant to be a funny episode, it was actually quite dramatic, but that was still unintentionally funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/anon54980/status/1649991290556403715?t=1DIVS3LQmdQyXgWEm4DtoQ&s=19

:sickos:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Has there been any Gokaiger reunions? I remember the parrot saying "I'll see you in ten years" in a movie or something and the last full series I watched was Kyoryuger but I'm watching Donbrothers now

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Tampa Bae posted:

Has there been any Gokaiger reunions? I remember the parrot saying "I'll see you in ten years" in a movie or something and the last full series I watched was Kyoryuger but I'm watching Donbrothers now

they appeared in Zyuohger, Marv and Luka appeared in a 4 part special i lovingly refer to as super smash sentai, A 10th anniversary movie which again got the team of six back. Marv has also appeared twice in zenkaiger related content appearing in the crossover with Kiramager, and a special that also had Gai return with him.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
Geats ep.32:
Not quite suprised Heaven and Hell game would end up with "everyone going to Hell". Sara and the little boy surviving because they're stepping on a black circle was surprising though.

Michinaga walking firmly on his villain path is certainly a good sign.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

M.Matsuda posted:

they appeared in Zyuohger, Marv and Luka appeared in a 4 part special i lovingly refer to as super smash sentai, A 10th anniversary movie which again got the team of six back. Marv has also appeared twice in zenkaiger related content appearing in the crossover with Kiramager, and a special that also had Gai return with him.
I'll check them when I get the chance but I hope Marvelous talks about how Zenki are stealing their gimmick and Gai talks down to any Sentai team after him as his juniors

I started Donbrothers on a whim but it's surprisingly deep despite how bad the CGI is, tbf I just tab out whenever they morph

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Yea i follow enough for the story, but not a fan of the heavy cgi era of sentai we’re in now.
Actual fight choreography just totally disappeared

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Eldsluft posted:

Geats ep.32:
Not quite suprised Heaven and Hell game would end up with "everyone going to Hell". Sara and the little boy surviving because they're stepping on a black circle was surprising though.

Michinaga walking firmly on his villain path is certainly a good sign.

as a side "only one can survive, that's the nature of humanity" actual game ending: Sara lives along with the little boy she saved. but yeah what an episode this week.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What. The. Actual. Hell.

Geats is so good but JESUS loving CHRIST.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe Gira is loving dead.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tampa Bae posted:

Navi actually says "To find out my fate, tune into the Super Sentai 3000th episode special!" The 2000th episode special happened during Zyuohger by the way.

Anyway people are talking about Geats 32, but I've only just seen 31. I'm not quite sure why Keiwa felt the need to get mad at Ace over the Goddess of Victory stealing people's happiness to grant wishes. Yeah, I know that's Ace's mom, but Ace didn't ask her to do it, Ace didn't help her obtain the power, none of it is his fault. He's honestly just as much a victim as everyone else and he doesn't seem too happy about it either.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

Navi actually says "To find out my fate, tune into the Super Sentai 3000th episode special!" The 2000th episode special happened during Zyuohger by the way.

Anyway people are talking about Geats 32, but I've only just seen 31. I'm not quite sure why Keiwa felt the need to get mad at Ace over the Goddess of Victory stealing people's happiness to grant wishes. Yeah, I know that's Ace's mom, but Ace didn't ask her to do it, Ace didn't help her obtain the power, none of it is his fault. He's honestly just as much a victim as everyone else and he doesn't seem too happy about it either.

yeah, Keiwa's just kind of lashing out in general, considering the situation that they were in Before learning the above fact.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

Twelve by Pies posted:

I felt that Keiwa's anger was mostly pointed at the DGP system (that robs people of their happiness to grant the happiness of the few). His lines were mostly blaming the whole system and none of them particularly points at Ace or his mother.
Also, according to Daichi's words (though they might not be completely true), Ace's existence was a result of said system, and as a returning winner he had had multiple wishes granted. In other words, he had benefited from the DGP system for multiple times (though he never knew about its true nature as well). As a victim of the system he might also feel some anger towards someone directly benefited from it (it's still irrational, yeah, but it's understandable).

Also, when people's emotion went out of control you can't really ask them to "feel the need" before they get mad and lash out, since they can't think clearly in the first place. Keiwa had the personal flaw of losing control whenever his family got related (we've seen this twice before, in both ep. 8 and ep. 20), here it's quite natural for him to lose control after hearing how his parents ware "used" as well. The real problem here is that he got eliminated right after lashing out and therefore never got a chance to calm down or apologize (we've also seen that he apologized to Sae after losing control and yanking her Zombie buckle back in ep. 21).

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 25, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the Racles miniseries/special/whatever has been subbed now. Anybody have a chance to check it out yet?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Twelve by Pies posted:

A) he's just kind of lashing out in general at the shock but B)Ace has won a lot of these, often for incredibly petty things like "I wanna be a celebrity (So that my 1000's of years old mom might see me maybe. Long shot I know but eh") so he's kind of sitting on a throne of the ambitions and dreams and lives of other people, including Keiwa's parents and at the time of that talk, possibly himself and his sister. Which is something Ace himself talks about later.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Very disappointed that, judging from the next episode preview, YET AGAIN Geats is refusing to deliver on the 40 Riders promised in the op

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hello there 6th

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh hey it's anti-venom

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, a white 6th. Haven’t seen one of those in a while

Apparently the 6th ranger isn't following the naming pattern of the others and is called SpiderKumonos, so maybe he’s gonna be like ZyuohTheWorld and is something created by the Bugnarak that changes sides later

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 26, 2023

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well spiders are arachnids and not insects, so it makes sense one would be an outsider either way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Well spiders are arachnids and not insects, so it makes sense one would be an outsider either way.

We already have a scorpion robot though, so we're already out of just insects.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's also Spider robots on the main mech too

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As an aside, I like that the new guy’s name literally translates to SpiderSpider

Also, did anyone check out the Racles spin-off that got subbed recently?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Any toy collector Ultra fans should know about this: SH Figuarts is putting out a really bit Zetton from Shin Ultraman- click through for big

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And back to King-Ohger, here’s a better look at our new 6th:

Also his weapon the KumonoSlayer apparently predates the OhgerCalibers

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 27, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/sunshinemoonrx/status/1652381254883459074?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

That's pretty much how Tsuburaya keeps recycling UM and kaiju suits, Geed's Galaxy Rising is just a re-color of Belial Atrocious's suit, there's a side character in the upcoming Ultraman Regulos series that's a re-color and slight alteration to the Ultraman Orb BurnMite form, not even mentioning how some kaiju just keep manifesting in the same form across universes.. Gomora, Eleking, Telesdon..

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, well, poo poo's expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Well I wasn't expecting a robot bug god love triangle

Also, episode 1 of the Racles special has been subbed and Racles is probably a much more grey villain as the most recent episode has hinted at. There's also a question of if the Bugnarok are connected to the Shugods.

We also got a world map and the amount of time it takes to travel between the countires is is more hilariously ridiculous since they continue to keep teleporting between places.