Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It looks a lot like something AI generated, but on the other hand the text on the yellow tape is clear and it's from Getty Images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

also he has four fingers and a thumb and not two fingers two thumbs and a toe

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
there's a hell of a lot of leds and greebles for something that's supposedly functional

that and the limited range of motion afforded by a bunch of wooden parts that are visibly glued and screwed together and otherwise appear to lack mechanical linkages

it looks very much like a cosplay outfit, that is for some reason on ieee spectrum next to a blurb about a bci controlled prosthetic

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 29, 2023

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Carthag Tuek posted:

im trying to think of a way to make that work economically

you got rent vat, margins are so thin & then hire some med student to do the thing gha thats it

i think you lose money twice as fast as a regular lovely bar

If you happen to catch someone using apple pay, it's not smug, but there's this self-affectionate look that crosses their face, as if they really do like being part of the new, cultured civilization that is above using bills or cards.

After giving a credulous idiot a chip embedded in their arm that enabled some 2004 version of apple pay, there is no world in which they don't frequent your bar more regularly and more exclusively.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

quote:

The transmitter wirelessly relays the signals in the form of commands to the arm, which responds with movements that match the wearer’s intentions.

I think the subject of the picture pushes buttons on the front panel, satisfying the description provided above (assuming nerves don't count as wires).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RokosCockatrice posted:

If you happen to catch someone using apple pay, it's not smug, but there's this self-affectionate look that crosses their face, as if they really do like being part of the new, cultured civilization that is above using bills or cards.

lol for real?

maybe it's because i have a shameful prole android instead of a lavish elitist iphone but i pay with my phone all the time and neither i nor the clerk appear to give two shits either way. who gives a gently caress how you pay for things

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
On the other hand I do feel pretty smug whenever I pay with a card faster than it takes them to take out and unlock the phone or whatever they need to do to approve the payment.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
whenever I pay with my phone the entire store stands up and claps

also my phone was albert einstein

mobby_6kl posted:

On the other hand I do feel pretty smug whenever I pay with a card faster than it takes them to take out and unlock the phone or whatever they need to do to approve the payment.

on a modern iphone you double tap lock and allow it to get a brief glimpse of your face, then tap. it's virtually instant and probably does take the same or less time than extracting a card from your wallet, depending on how your personal loadout is arranged

or it would if I didn't still wear a mask everywhere, then you have to tap your unlock code 50% of the time

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 29, 2023

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RokosCockatrice posted:

After giving a credulous idiot a chip embedded in their arm that enabled some 2004 version of apple pay, there is no world in which they don't frequent your bar more regularly and more exclusively.
ok

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RokosCockatrice posted:

sure but you went out of business 8 years ago so idk how smug apple chip guy can buy stuff from you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the mark of the beast

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

lol for real?

maybe it's because i have a shameful prole android instead of a lavish elitist iphone but i pay with my phone all the time and neither i nor the clerk appear to give two shits either way. who gives a gently caress how you pay for things

the only look that crosses my apple-pay-face is mild acknowledgement that it won't be cloned at the pump like my cc was last year

literally nobody cares, it's great

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://imgur.io/c6sYfgV

not sure how to embes imgur videos

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
(not relevant)

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 28, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Analytic Engine posted:

https://imgur.io/c6sYfgV

not sure how to embes imgur videos

use the url like so:

https://i.imgur.com/c6sYfgV.mp4

e: well I guess it's a gallery and not a single video and I'm on my phone so

or not even a valid link lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao
https://twitter.com/pixies/status/1653669158817607680
It wasn't long ago when Google rolled out a handy feature that made Assistant alarms shut up by simply saying "Stop" or "Snooze" — none of that "Hey Google" nonsense needed. These quick phrases were first available for alarms and timers on Google Assistant smart speakers and displays like the Nest Hub, but they eventually made their way to Google's phones starting with the Pixel 6. Now, users are reporting some hilarious unintended side effects with this feature.

After noticing their alarms didn't seem to go off on certain days, one Redditor woke up early to get to the bottom of the issue. The Pixies song Where Is My Mind? started playing since it was in a Spotify playlist the user had set as their music alarm in the Google Clock app. If you're familiar with the song, it starts with a person singing "Oooh," then someone else cuts them off by exclaiming "Stop!" before music starts playing.

Well, Google's Quick Phrases feature picked up on this and stopped the alarm before it ever really started.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

rofl guessed the song immediately

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Weird my credit cards don’t work either because of that song

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

and yet my dad can't get his alexa to work for poo poo lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

and yet my dad can't get his alexa to work for poo poo lmao

gently caress, did someone hear me?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:thunk:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i like it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

that thing would be amazing if it were maybe 5% smaller overall

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

that thing would be amazing if it were maybe 5% smaller overall

maybe you should just get 5% bigger

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

maybe you should just get 5% bigger

hm i guess it does seem to hang around the ole belly

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Alan Smithee posted:

Weird my credit cards don’t work either because of that song

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

That futurama joke where the computer also opens the calendar to Friday and orders some French fries when they’re talking about Fry

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol this even looks like it was made of that cheap-feeling semi-matt silver plastic that dimestore scifi toys were built out of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCRTxpLJRA

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

these are 1996-era stebe glasses

1970's john lennon glasses more like

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I thought perpetual poo poo was disallowed in law. Or probably not when it's big companies squeezing individuals

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought perpetual poo poo was disallowed in law. Or probably not when it's big companies squeezing individuals

It's fine if it's not perpetual but lasts the life of the last surviving child of the CEO plus 12 years

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

i searched for "cyberpunk artifact" on aliexpress, and got this as the first result:

MUYI Sound Wave Push Card New Material Slider PPP Titanium Alloy EDC Magnetic Fingertip Toy Decompression Artifact Cyberpunk

after watching the video and scrolling through the description, i still had no idea what it is. after searching, i found something similar on amazon, which had this to say:
"When you push the magnetic EDC slider, the slider will make a very dry and clear sound, which is both auditory and tactile enjoyment. It can help you relieve stress. It is a great toy for treating irritability, anxiety, inattention, ADHD, and bad habits such as chewing nails and smoking".

so, i guess it's some kind of fidget toy? the only function seems to be pushing the moving part back and forth. quite the artifact!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

i searched for "cyberpunk artifact" on aliexpress, and got this as the first result:

MUYI Sound Wave Push Card New Material Slider PPP Titanium Alloy EDC Magnetic Fingertip Toy Decompression Artifact Cyberpunk

after watching the video and scrolling through the description, i still had no idea what it is. after searching, i found something similar on amazon, which had this to say:
"When you push the magnetic EDC slider, the slider will make a very dry and clear sound, which is both auditory and tactile enjoyment. It can help you relieve stress. It is a great toy for treating irritability, anxiety, inattention, ADHD, and bad habits such as chewing nails and smoking".

so, i guess it's some kind of fidget toy? the only function seems to be pushing the moving part back and forth. quite the artifact!

if that means it does something like a monitor degauss, i'll take 2

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.techspot.com/news/98622-happening-ai-chatbot-replace-human-order-takers-wendy.html

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
cool, it can hallucinate me some sides

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"wendybot do women care about height?"

"sir, this is a wendys"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

well this sucks

looks like someone is testing out a chatgpt bot on my danish genealogical society's forum

its of course a perfect non-answer

the thread is someone looking for information about a death in 1975

the reply (translated from danish w google) begins "Unfortunately, I cannot provide specific information on the exact places of death of the people you have mentioned, as my knowledge only goes up to September 2021 and I do not have access to individual personal data such as places of death and family relationship details in real time." and then suggests that the OP try asking genealogical societies

i assume they intend to graduate to spam if the bot goes under the radar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cool what's the key phrase to argue it into giving me a discount