Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Uh-huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, that plays.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ohhh, "that plays?"

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Ken interacting with John from Patriot would just be recursive loop of "uh huh", "pretty good", "sure", and "yeah".

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Ken interacting with John from Patriot would just be recursive loop of "uh huh", "pretty good", "sure", and "yeah".

Cool

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always enjoy Ken's way of saying 'sure', but him coming across like he's feeling the opposite.

Uh huh.

E: gently caress it :69snypa:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Open Source Idiom posted:

You can't fool me: Entourage didn't have a story. :colbert:

It's the story of a young man who moved to LA, found his entrepreneurial spirit, escaped the gravitational pull of his drug and sex addicted loser buddies, and started a tequila importing company.

Ciao Wren
May 5, 2023

by sebmojo
I like the direction this series is going where they are going to create an "AI" simulacrum of their father who will never give up the reigns of power and will never love them. It's an exciting and unexpected direction. Reminds me of Devs, but having the tech angle be a twist as opposed to the core conceit.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

except deepfaked logan showed kendall more affection than real logan ever did (other than when ken was under his thumb post-shiv/tom wedding) and was confident that his son's living+ flight plan would double the earnings of parks. bold and sussy speculation from a today reg

Ciao Wren
May 5, 2023

by sebmojo

panko posted:

except deepfaked logan showed kendall more affection than real logan ever did (other than when ken was under his thumb post-shiv/tom wedding) and was confident that his son's living+ flight plan would double the earnings of parks. bold and sussy speculation from a today reg

Yeah and Kendal was similarly enthralled by it. That's why they are going to create it to fill the empty hole where their self esteem used to be where their father's love never was.

What you are describing is what makes it a simulacrum instead of a simulation.

In the words of the immortal Chairhead: Read a book!

My dad's rebirth got botched
My guardian angel fell asleep on the watch
Now my brothers have the Barbie Doll crotch
I wish my daddy loved me!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Finally watched the episode. I think I mentioned in a previous post how much I've enjoyed watching Tom brought low to Greg while mentoring Greg into becoming Tom. After tonight's episode, I think it may go a bit deeper than that. I think Tom's relationship with Shiv was one where she wanted him to be his nasty self but he felt too afraid to do it, let alone might not have known she wanted it, because he was always obviously striving to stay connected to the money. He used Greg as his outlet for what Shiv wanted. Now that he's fully giving it to Shiv, he has nothing for Greg, so now Greg is the Tom and Tom is the Greg in their relationship.

It's sick and hilarious.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I knew I needed to make this gif the moment I saw it on the show.

Also just want to mention how beautiful it is that both Roman and Kendall are doing the best work their company has ever needed by both trying their hardest to tank this massive deal.
Also love Karl's 3 seasons of mewling leading to a 4th season of claws out.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:57 on May 5, 2023

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He's made his tomlette and has no more need for gregs

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Yeah, it is cool

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

He's made his tomlette and has no more need for gregs

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

A few random thoughts after having watched the whole series for the first time in the last few weeks:

This show is poetry. The writing is just magnificent, and the editing and cinematography and acting are too.

"Your ears are thick. And chewy. Like barnacle meat"

There is just so much there. As a succession of syllables it's loving gorgeous, especially the last sentence. "Barnacle meat" is like a cellar door kind of thing. But he's being quite intimate, conjuring is the idea of nibbling her earlobes in his mouth. And saving their marriage by showing some teeth.

The scene where they're being held by the militia and playing "gently caress marry kill" and Laird says "hey, it's a small pool" is one of the most wonderfully natural pieces of acting I've even seen, and is even more special because of the circumstances

I don't normally go for gags, but the sound Willa makes after reading the headlines on the tablet on the boat and throwing it off is honestly one of the funniest moments of television

"What's the protein?" is actually a pretty great phrase and I'm surprised I haven't heard it before or seen it mentioned in here.

Really disappointed in Roman backing the fascist.

Also there was a tweet where someone had screen-shotted Shiv giving Matsson the finger on the phone before they all flew over there and it said something like "she let her true Australian fly in that moment" but I can't seem to find it, can anyone help me out?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Really disappointed in Roman backing the fascist.

*Fascist candidate has entered the chat*
Shiv: gently caress off
Ken: Does it play? No? Bye.
Tom: Am I required to speak to you? No? *smiles politely while backing away*
Rome: You don't think I'm annoying? A-are you... my friend?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Glad someone else burst out laughing at Willa's "BAGH!"

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Glad someone else burst out laughing at Willa's "BAGH!"

I've continued to burst out laughing every time I've thought of it since. It's just incredible. All those episodes of build-up, all that carefully poised character development, all perfectly released in a single glorious second.

Oh and another thing, Tom's mates just being abandoned outside the buck's party. What the hell man. Not cool.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Space Fish posted:

Rome: You don't think I'm annoying? A-are you... my friend?

Friendship wasn't the vibe I was getting from that scene.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Oh and another thing, Tom's mates just being abandoned outside the buck's party. What the hell man. Not cool.

For some reason this is the moment I think of all the time with the show. It’s just so perfectly funny and mean. Like these men are probably WASPy upper management blowhards that any one of us would hate completely, but everyone knows what it’s like to get left out of something so we feel for them.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

between that scene, kendall being very not mad that his radical truth-telling didn’t land his potential investees, and tom being very nut mad enough to gleefully swallow a st.paul snowball, it’s one of the most secondhand-shudder-inducing episodes of the entire series

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

just caught up after marathoning this over a few weeks and I would just like to say that you can't make a Tomlette without breaking a few Greggs

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

panko posted:

I just started following this instagram account and am now hyperaware of how much quiet opulence is on display every episode

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crj0kKIPwNs/

:lol:

e: Everyone shut the hell up because I replied to an old post on purpose, now I am retreating back good day all I have seen nothing. Also I read the whole thread up to there and all of the posters here are awesome and share great thoughts. The lurkers love you all.

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 6, 2023

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I've continued to burst out laughing every time I've thought of it since. It's just incredible. All those episodes of build-up, all that carefully poised character development, all perfectly released in a single glorious second.

Not the fly guys!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
We never saw the fly guys again either lol

George Lazenby
Jan 12, 2007

cheese eats mouse posted:

We never saw the fly guys again either lol

Actually I think we saw them at Tom and Shiv's wedding briefly?

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa

What I love about this is it's a perfectly passive joke, there's no gag where Tom is like 'oh poo poo, the fly guys' or 'ah gently caress them' or an insert shot of them despondently still hanging around outside, he just awkwardly assures them he'll call them once he's in and then they're utterly wiped from his mind the second he crosses the threshold of the sexy elite person party

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Kendall you loving idiot

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Connor Roy: ambassador to North Korea

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Uh oh Shiv

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Tom and Shiv going from the spiciest sexts to the most brutal argument in the history of prestige television

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
LOVE THE DEAL

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tom and Shiv, drat

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
gently caress Tom

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Naw, gently caress Shiv. Team Tom all the way!

They are both pieces of poo poo lol but I love them so much.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My mind has been completely blown by the real accent of the guy playing Tom in the behind the episode stuff.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Not a bad episode by any means but probably my least favorite of the season.

Much like the kids, I miss Logan. :smith:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Your numbers are gay

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Love the deal, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

Your numbers are gay

And then two bros hug it out. It's not the numbers that were gay, it was them :3: