Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

HootTheOwl posted:

And then two bros hug it out. It's not the numbers that were gay, it was them :3:

If this show ended with Ken and Matsson as a couple then it would be instantly the greatest show of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Whomever said Tom and Shiv don't have chemistry it's so wrong, and them being honest during this fight shows that.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Tip top :qq:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

My mind has been completely blown by the real accent of the guy playing Tom in the behind the episode stuff.

It is always fun to watch Tom be a big loser and remember that he's a sex symbol to British women because of Pride and Prejudice.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
First two thirds of the episode were fine, but I find these claustrophobic settings don’t work without Logan occupying most of the space, and everyone having to tip toe around him.

Final third of the episode was Succession at full blast. I don’t think I even took a sip of my drink.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

It is always fun to watch Tom be a big loser and remember that he's a sex symbol to British women because of Pride and Prejudice.

Not just British women

Anyway, that fight was painful. Honestly this episode could also be an Emmy submission for Sarah Snook though. Her expressions work continues to be on point

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

HootTheOwl posted:

Love the deal, man

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

loved greg just tossing off that causal "babababa where was I..." thing in the middle of firing 100 people

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress that argument scene was utterly incredible. The episode before that was real good but not a season highlight or anything but then OH MY GOD

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

My mind has been completely blown by the real accent of the guy playing Tom in the behind the episode stuff.

I know. Sometimes with an actor the accent will slip a bit, often it will happen when they are yelling.

But not with McFadyen. I binged the entirety of the first two seasons before I saw any behind-the-scenes stuff and when he heard his real accent I was shocked. I had no idea, never would have guessed.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Can’t wait to see what Tom does next. Knowing you’re getting canned either way and finally, really accepting the fact that your wife does not care about you even a little bit probably frees you up to lob some chaos grenades into everything.

And I don’t know what the appropriate response is to a dude spitting smoke in your face and poo poo talking you is at a super wealthy high-powered party, but man Greg just kept on keeping on.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Promo is up for next episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkn6pKRUKk

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Love how Geri is handling this and that after Roman continued with his “yeah yeah yeah gently caress off lol c’mon” bullshit way of speaking she reminded him that they could have coached him into the promised land.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

CubanMissile posted:

Love how Geri is handling this and that after Roman continued with his “yeah yeah yeah gently caress off lol c’mon” bullshit way of speaking she reminded him that they could have coached him into the promised land.

Of all of them, Roman is the worst. I hope he gets burnt.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ken finally getting together with his real dad

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Tom/Shiv stuff just continues to kill me, due to going through similar poo poo IRL right now.

But drat, the terrace argument was one of the best scenes of the entire show, of all 36 episodes so far.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Doktor Avalanche posted:

ken finally getting together with his real dad

Frank has been the only one we've seen truly look out for him. He tried to warn him against getting dragged back into the poo poo a few episodes ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2hZL18tJ0&t=97s

"Ken, you've got stuff cooking. You seem so well. Do you really want back in?"

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hughmoris posted:

Of all of them, Roman is the worst. I hope he gets burnt.

He was growing on me for a while, not lately!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s very easy to ignore the fact that Roman is fash when he’s in places where his politics don’t really matter or come up but he’s a fascist and is probably the worst human on the show. I hate him but I love Kieran

Actually Mattson is worse because he’s not only a weird sociopathic internet nerd, he’s also a liar and just the worst

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I think the party was a good reminder none of these people actually believe in anything other than obtaining more wealth and power, and any sort of bad blood between politicians, journalists, and business people is theatre for the peasants.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know if this the kind of show that would do something like this, but the India stuff almost seems like Mattson setting the kids up.

Then again, Mattson hasn’t been the one to do 4d chess moves, his negotiation tactics have been as basic’s as the Roy kids so far.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
He's far most likely to stumble into buying a social media company he doesn't want.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I don’t think I’ve seen a scene where two people just keep trying to say the absolutely most hurtful thing they can think of like that, just high octane cruelty

E: Gerri fuckin rules, I hope she gets paid

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 8, 2023

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Kendall: "We go Reverse-Viking"
Frank: "Is that a sexual position?"

At this point, Tom has a decent hand to play right? Tom knows Shiv is gearing up to backstab her brothers. What does he do with that information?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So many incredible one-liners in this episode. Multiple times I'm like "ooh that's gotta be the thread title".

Then the terrace argument made me forget them all. Holy poo poo that was intense. And it was so weird not being able to side with anyone like it's set up in normal TV. They were both right, they were both way overstating things, they were both awful.

And holy poo poo Roman just exploding on Connor and Willa :catstare:

e: oh lol one of the ones I was thinking of is already the title :xd:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Kendall: "We go Reverse-Viking"
Frank: "Is that a sexual position?"

At this point, Tom has a decent hand to play right? Tom knows Shiv is gearing up to backstab her brothers. What does he do with that information?

I mean Shiv has been backstabbing her brothers, not just gearing up to do it. It's done. When that comes out they are gonna completely cut her off. Roman is way to volatile and Kendall seems to be doing this weird thing where he is trying to be sympathetic to others but he won't even call his daughter.

I thought the episode ending on Tom staring upwards, trying to sleep, but unable too, was a good indicator. His mind is just racing.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I didn't see it posted, this is the episode 8 teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkn6pKRUKk

i try and spoiler the teasers talk because it can be kind of revealing. When Tom mentions spilling info, I'm sure he is talking about him knowing Shiv is backstabbing the brothers. I'm starting to wonder if Tom spills it to them if that helps not only stick around but get into a power seat. They called him a loyal servant and maybe everyone thinking he serves them will get him into a spot of power.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
My favorite moment is when Rome is chewing out Connor and Connor says that there is one person there who believes in him and Matsson is in the background, out of focus pointing to himself

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm super glad you mentioned that. I didn't even notice it and went back and watched it. Mattson just double fists points at himself and then has a huge loving smile.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Pretty fuckin funny that if Shiv had just stuck with Eavis she’d be riding along to the White House

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Tom + Shiv fight triggered some memories of my parents and their nasty fights, esp in the car.

All could have been avoided if Shiv understood boundaries at all.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’m as tuckered as tom was after a long day foraging for fiddleheads but had time to watch either succession or barry before bed and chose succession because the discourse starts pretty much instantly after the episode. glad I did because as almost always it’s a great one to ruminate upon before bed

few bits I appreciated that haven’t been mentioned yet are the caterers serving american-flag sliders, fries, and corn dogs as canapes, tom pushing the lovely spatburgunder from their vineyard, and roman compulsively resting his palm on the phallic outdoor table lamps

small ridiculous thing but it’s ironic that no one mingles on their incredible balcony unless they’re specifically isolating themselves, guess there’s just too many moves to make in that room to take in some air

did we see mondale at all during the party? thought I maybe caught a partygoer interacting with him in his crate but there was way too many top-level conversations going on to catch everything

fitting that romulus gets to deliver the eulogy, he was ascendant in the daddy-books in the time immediately prior to logan’s cardiac catastrophe. a chance for mr. micropenis to make good after he fumbled gerri something awful

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

dpkg chopra posted:

I don’t know if this the kind of show that would do something like this, but the India stuff almost seems like Mattson setting the kids up.

Then again, Mattson hasn’t been the one to do 4d chess moves, his negotiation tactics have been as basic’s as the Roy kids so far.
I would like that because the India thing came outta nowhere and was revealed in the most sloppy way and is dramaturgically given way more significance than it probably normally would.

It’s a global tech company! Big enough to buy an American conglomerate! Subscriber numbers in India aren’t likely to matter like this.

Some good Tom and Shiv stuff, a little too heavy on the Greg, but not my favorite episode so far.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

it’s great to have an episode this close to the finish that really underlines (or is it a strikethrough?) how absolutely lovely all of the roys are, except maybe for con who is merely delusional

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

panko posted:

small ridiculous thing but it’s ironic that no one mingles on their incredible balcony unless they’re specifically isolating themselves, guess there’s just too many moves to make in that room to take in some air

NYC penthouse in November, tbf. i love it visually though it helps to really play up the party as a lovely little fishbowl, complete with people on the upper floor watching fights in the conversation pit and matsson perched in a window

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Oman instead of Slovenia is real bad deal making

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

fez_machine posted:

Oman instead of Slovenia is real bad deal making
Slovenia is absolutely lovely, he did Willa dirty there.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

I don't think Con is even that delusional. He knows he's going to lose, he just wants to have fun with it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Willa is the best person in the show, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Valentin posted:

NYC penthouse in November, tbf. i love it visually though it helps to really play up the party as a lovely little fishbowl, complete with people on the upper floor watching fights in the conversation pit and matsson perched in a window

the global elite are too far beyond my ken because in my experience, even in the coldest canadian winters, there are Outside Guys at every party chain-hacking darts in seasonally-inappropriate clothing. it looked pretty mild out there outside of tom’s hair getting a tad tousled during the argument

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I don't think Con is even that delusional. He knows he's going to lose, he just wants to have fun with it.

con thinks famous blue raincoat is a great song to open with at karaoke