Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm paraphrasing Taylor's discord post (because he asked nicely that we not screenshot it) but basically he was killing himself with overwork and is stepping away before he completely burns out. I love his work on Rude Tales and Oh These but not at the cost of his health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Deathlove posted:

From the Patreon, had no idea since I don't hang on the Discord:

Oh wow, feeling a mix of emotions about this one. I'm happy we're getting more Rude Tales, but sad to hear Taylor is having health issues and will no longer be a part of Rude Tales and Oh These, Those Stars of Space since he was such a wonderful part of both shows through editing and voice acting. I but I also totally understand and respect him stepping him away for health reasons and I think that's the right thing to do, and I'm glad the others were able to retain their IP and are parting ways on good terms due to "health problems" and not "So it turns Taylor Moore was a sexual predator" which I know is gross thing to say, but happens so much that it was the first horrifying thought that came to mind when I first heard they were breaking away from fortunate horse.

But, yeah, I wish all the best to Taylor Moore healthwise and look forward to more of the rudest of tales.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Was his work on Fun City mentioned. The Fun City Twitter account said today that the regular show will resume in June.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Definitely going to miss Backyard Pyle, though. Best character in the show

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Do you know if Taylor said any where whether or not he's staying with Fun City, in some capacity? Definitely mixed feelings, as well, but I'm glad things aren't ending on bad terms with any of them. Unless I'm mistaken I get the feeling a lot of the sound editing for Rude Tales have been taken over by Casey from Neo Scum (who is awesome!!!), so I wonder if this has been in the works for some time?

God I really need to catch up with Oh These Those Stars

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Nothing about Fun City mentioned on the discords that I could see (although if there is a Fun City discord I'm not on it)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Pretty sure Fun City has a Discord. Would love to be a part of either one but I have a really hard time staying caught up with Discord servers

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was wondering why there hadn't been an episode lately, I just thought I missed an announcement that they were taking a break. That's rough, but health is more important, and the rest of the team is strong enough that I am not too worried about the quality dropping too much. I liked everything Taylor did for the shows but I do not want to kill him

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah cross referencing the amount of work taylor has talked about putting into rude tales + everything he's put into the WBN launch and talking about like, frequent hallucinations and health scares had me worried. glad the dudes taking care of himself. he's a real talent

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Agreed, I'm really glad he's doing the right thing. I've still got my fingers crossed that he might occasionally appear on Oh These Those again once he's doing better since I'm really gonna miss his presence there, but obviously his health is far more important.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stroop There It Is posted:

Agreed, I'm really glad he's doing the right thing. I've still got my fingers crossed that he might occasionally appear on Oh These Those again once he's doing better since I'm really gonna miss his presence there, but obviously his health is far more important.

The show is set up in such a way that he can come back and play a character again if he ever feels up for it, so I wouldn't rule it out should he get to a place in his life where he wants to do some voice acting again.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m gonna miss Carboat Bin Laden

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandolphCarter posted:

I’m gonna miss Carboat Bin Laden

Oh hey same hat! That's the Taylor character I'm going to miss the most too, at least we got one last amazing episode with him where he teamed up with Groomda and Liberty Balboa.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why would you two miss a vape salesman whose only ever been a vape salesman? The store practically runs itself without him!

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I will miss the Baron’s poetic percussive cadence.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
He... wasssss onccccccccce... a vape sssssssalesssssman...

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve caught up on Fun City and it’s myriad side shows, good show. Now back to my relisten of Rude Tales, on It’s a Calling. Is it strange that I remember everything about Wartortle Spone but nothing about Stirfry’s ability to detach his body parts?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve caught up on Fun City and it’s myriad side shows, good show. Now back to my relisten of Rude Tales, on It’s a Calling. Is it strange that I remember everything about Wartortle Spone but nothing about Stirfry’s ability to detach his body parts?

It's how he got pink eye

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

He got pinkeye?! Guess I need to re-re-listen

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

RandolphCarter posted:

He got pinkeye?! Guess I need to re-re-listen

There's a t-shirt and everything!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1656718492005957636?s=20

hopefully being part of a bigger network helps them grow their audience even more (but not so large that it becomes annoying) and quit their day jobs if they want to

i don't really know anything about podcast network politics but all the headgum podcasts i've listened to all feel like the creators are in control of their work, so hopefully this is a good fit for them

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I don’t have the tweet handy but iirc head gum is just the cast we know and tolerate. Could be wrong though so grain of salt.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You do not remember correctly. Headgum has been around for years, NADDPOD is on the same network

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I initially made the same mistake, the groups organization is called Bucket of Milk.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Whoops yes, that’s what I had in mind

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

absolutely shook by the revelation that Groomda is six foot five

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Familiar name popped up in this Tor article

https://www.tor.com/2023/05/15/tor-books-acquires-four-books-from-hugo-award-winning-author-amal-el-mohtar/

I already knew she worked for Tor but I forgot until I saw this :shobon:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what it is, but I haven't really connected with the series since the Danny Timeshare arc ended.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1658885764669931520?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Very tempted to immediately latch onto Gey Poope, but Constant Groom is extremely Branson.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thankfull Toone might be too on the nose for him

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m one of the many descendants of William Brewster, religious leader of the Plymouth colony. He had a son named Wrestling Brewster, which is just an absolutely primo puritan and Rude Tales name.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Experience Cuppage. Just to say you did.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Inkspot posted:

Experience Cuppage. Just to say you did.

:gowron:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
New OP dropped

https://twitter.com/whirringblender/status/1661000536768782337?s=46&t=cme1S7NwzDb8yFJVsE56OA

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1662477447911313408?s=20
I think a reason I enjoy this cast so much is that the strong Lapsed Catholic energy they radiate.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/bloodberry_tart/status/1664250688799485953

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This feels like a Branson bit

https://twitter.com/laimfunk/status...ingawful.com%2F

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Fun City is doing another Still Fleet mini arc as part of the kickstarter for the Still Fleet system.

Bonus: Taylor is still involved