Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
It's a weird mental disconnect, because logically I know it's several towns away and moving farther away, but we're right on the county line so I've got the near-constant sound of the tornado siren right at the edge of hearing setting my teeth on edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaChurl

Oh poo poo

TORNADO SNYPE!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I've been watching storm chaser YouTube channels the past several days as they track tornados in western Kansas and eastern Colorado. Those folk really be saving lives out there.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Sorry for the noisy photos, I need to figure out incorporating a flash into my situation.

It's a small world.

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 12, 2023

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

that is a neat fact. thank you for sharing!

Something something Brian May!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

my guts are so hosed up that my doctor called me this week trying to push my appointment back but when i explained my circumstance they moved the appointment from the end of the month to tomorrow.

please vibrate healing energy towards the north shore of lake huron as i have been suffering tremendously but not in a way that i think is going to kill me. maybe i'm lactose intolerant, maybe i have diverticulitis, maybe an alien keeps probing my butt aggressively, but something is going on that isn't good and i need to get fixed.

this past week i've been feeling almost okay, and laughed a bunch at a podcast to the point where my face hurt because my smile muscles are atrophied and that's hosed up.

anyways i love you hello.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

sb hermit

Heather Papps posted:

my guts are so hosed up that my doctor called me this week trying to push my appointment back but when i explained my circumstance they moved the appointment from the end of the month to tomorrow.

please vibrate healing energy towards the north shore of lake huron as i have been suffering tremendously but not in a way that i think is going to kill me. maybe i'm lactose intolerant, maybe i have diverticulitis, maybe an alien keeps probing my butt aggressively, but something is going on that isn't good and i need to get fixed.

this past week i've been feeling almost okay, and laughed a bunch at a podcast to the point where my face hurt because my smile muscles are atrophied and that's hosed up.

we love you hpapps and I hope you find some respite soon

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Heather Papps posted:

I love you too, HP, and I'm sorry to hear you haven't been doing well at all lately.

Most gut issues can be sorted by taking Benfothaimene and a good probiotic mix, and since that shouldn't make things worse is worth a try.

Another thing to try is to start cutting on a bunch of food until you identify the one causing issues, which I imagine you may be already trying. Usually the best approach is the low FODMAP diet, since it cuts right away the biggest culprits for digestive issues.

Hope you get better soon.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

what a nerd. what is he, some kinda poindexter?

Worse, he's the lead singer of The Offspring.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

:sympathy: sorry to hear it hp, sending my best healing energy in your direction!

:kimchi: these lil guys are adorable, amazing photos!

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Here's a guy talking about the July 27, 1978 Garfield comic for over an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Manifisto posted:

:kimchi: these lil guys are adorable, amazing photos!

Buzz buzz 🐝

cruft

HP there's a really easy test for appendicitis that you can do at home. You press into the appendix area, then let go suddenly. If it hurts when you let go, the next step is to go into the ER for an emergency appendectomy or mega dose of antibiotics.

Could be diverticulitis too. I hope you're able to sort it out. Pooping is an incredibly important facet of a healthy life.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Viginti Septem posted:

Here's a guy talking about the July 27, 1978 Garfield comic for over an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

that channel is gold and one important video on there is the telephone sex survey results one. it's over 4 hours long and it was an amazing twist (you can skip through to find it)

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Ass-penny

Viginti Septem posted:

Sorry for the noisy photos, I need to figure out incorporating a flash into my situation.

It's a small world.

you catch my flies with honey, but you catch more bees with bloodshed! buzz buzz motherfucker!
beautiful pictures as always my friend

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

you catch my flies with honey, but you catch more bees with bloodshed! buzz buzz motherfucker!
beautiful pictures as always my friend

Actually an abandoned hive full of honey is probably the best way to catch honeybees, provided you don't care whether or not you catch a queen.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
you can also catch bees with fully sexual birds

Saoshyant

I wish I had a yard to take on beekeeping. Taking care of the precious bees and getting some honey out of it, win-win.

Escape From Noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCIW04PF3I

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Actually an abandoned hive full of honey is probably the best way to catch honeybees, provided you don't care whether or not you catch a queen.

it was a reference to an old photoshop thread :goonsay:

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

it was a reference to an old photoshop thread :goonsay:

Oh.

I had coffee this morning and I should not have done that.

Ass-penny

I should have had coffee but I decided I would rather stay prone in bed until I needed to leave, even though I wasn't really sleeping

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

DaChurl

Viginti Septem posted:

I've been watching storm chaser YouTube channels the past several days as they track tornados in western Kansas and eastern Colorado. Those folk really be saving lives out there.

Yeah it can seem kinda silly out of context, what with all the shouting, but having three trucks and a helicopter speeding around all over just so they can turn a bunch of colorful blobs on a map into actual precise, real-time, block-by-block info on exactly where that funnel cloud is touching down is genuinely the most helpful thing ever and the only reason I can be fully calm while it's storming like crazy and the sirens are going off.

Like, I was talking to a lady in Houston about evacuating for a hurricane and she didn't understand how anyone could live in tornado alley. But like, I can see exactly where that storm system is and where it's going and after maybe an hour I know I'm totally in the clear and can get back to life as usual. Hurricanes wreck everything in such a wide area over such a long time that it can disrupt your life for days even if your neighborhood doesn't see much damage.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
i got to hang with the owl today

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Saoshyant

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i got to hang with the owl today

Where da photos?

DaChurl

rear end-penny posted:

I should have had coffee but I decided I would rather stay prone in bed until I needed to leave, even though I wasn't really sleeping

Oh hey, this is like when I'm too tired to get up from my desk to make tea.

Normalize being sleepy, imo. Wakefulness is a choice and most day I just don't want to bother.

Escape From Noise

I have no idea what I'm doing.

DaChurl

Escape From Noise posted:

:same:

Saoshyant

Does anyone? The only fake idea is when someone so full of themselves claims otherwise.

Escape From Noise

I'm trying to get out of this industry and I'm just lost. It's dumb..lol. I'm nearly 40.

Saoshyant

I'm trying to get out of this industry and I'm just lost. It's dumb..lol. I'm nearly 40.

It's never too old to restart anew, though if it were easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be a complex matter. The first issue to sort is your mindset: do you really want to? The second is financial: did you save enough to survive half a year jobless if needed? The third is: have you even decided what do you want to do next? Solve all three and you got it.

Escape From Noise

Saoshyant posted:

It's never too old to restart anew, though if it were easy everyone would do it and it wouldn't be a complex matter. The first issue to sort is your mindset: do you really want to? The second is financial: did you save enough to survive half a year jobless if needed? The third is: have you even decided what do you want to do next? Solve all three and you got it.

I think I have some outs. Possibly consulting. I do need to get out. I can't be a brewer forever. My body can't take it. I can't be without a job for more than three months without losing my visa. I'm good with my job for now but it's not sustainable.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Hope you feel better HP, or at least find out what's wrong with your bod.

Escape From Noise

Sorry. I meant to show my Whole rear end in the work thread but I have had a few cold ones.

sb hermit

:same:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
if you can't unload your entire rear end into the welcome hello & chat thread (lurkers must post)™, i don't know where you can.

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

if you can't unload your entire rear end into the welcome hello & chat thread (lurkers must post)™, i don't know where you can.

Woah. Did you just call me a fatass???

Escape From Noise

Because it's extremely accurate.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i was more referring to the emotional load contained by the rear end rather than the dimensions of the rear end itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
the junk, rather than the trunk