Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Full up little birds dominating is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

FastestGunAlive posted:

Full up little birds dominating is cool and good

If your jet hits my flying drone then you should flip too then! 😤

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YNOFAp_im4

Goddamn I love the Brawler. I'm working to unlock the badass incendiary grenades. I fell in love with them when I was using them in somebody else's Brawler on Spearhead and we kept going in the buildings and just lighting them up. It was a quick round.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The Brawler is cool but being in one of those open seats and being able to turn 60 degrees is dumb as hell and I always just jump out if I get one of those seats.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Chronojam posted:

Maybe 128 players, too, to get some of that battle royale feel

Larger play spaces and more on foot traversal, 2 person transports like quads and bikes are overrated

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
They should have like, two big bases and have them both fight and then you have to capture the other base.

Yea

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

where's titan assault?!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I really want to like breakthrough but 99/100 matches never progress beyond the first sector

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I generally prefer breakthrough and I think it's just because of how chaotic conquest can feel sometimes. Yeah sometimes you get a round where you hit a brick wall but I think the games flow better and the action feels more directed which makes it more fun for me.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Battlefield 2040-2fort

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

hello internet posted:

I really want to like breakthrough but 99/100 matches never progress beyond the first sector

What region are you in? I'm in EU and it feels like the attackers mostly do pretty well.

I like breakthrough because you know where to go to get the action. Less running and less flag hopping.

I just T1d the RM68 -- came out of nowhere, happened so quick. It really is so good. Well, got the T1 out of the way before the nerf comes that is scheduled for the next patch.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

hello internet posted:

:confused:

has the meta of breakthrough changed? Have all the sweats started playing defense?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

explosivo posted:

I generally prefer breakthrough and I think it's just because of how chaotic conquest can feel sometimes. Yeah sometimes you get a round where you hit a brick wall but I think the games flow better and the action feels more directed which makes it more fun for me.

Same. I've won and lost on all maps and it seems like its pretty varied. Sometimes you get a garbage team attacking and you don't make it past the first sector and sometimes you get a garbage team defending and they lose in nine minutes. I've seen plenty of games come down to the wire though, winning in overtime. Those are amazing.

The last sector on Exposure is a favorite, especially the flag in the cave. Almost impossible to capture but sometimes it is. Insane battles there. The last sector on Kaleidoscope too, the building with the raised walkway around the inside. Teams that win make a beeline and grab it before a defense can be set up because otherwise it's nearly impossible to break in.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Vault weapons receiving attachments, starting with the ARs and sniper rifles

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/dev-notes-evolving-vault-weapons

Two weapons below:

M16A3: MAUL Hybrid 1.5X, TV 2X, UH-1 Smart 1.5X, 8R Holo, SHAN 2.5X, Bravo 3X, M22, Covered Suppressor, Warhawk Compensator, Tactical Compensator, Arcom Tactical Muzzle Break, Champion Muzzle Break, 6KU Suppressor, Cobra Grip, BCG Light Grip, LWG grip, Rattlesnake Light Grip, STNR Laser Sight, T4 Thermal 3X, PB Heavy Suppressor, Type 4 Heavy Suppressor, Extended Magazine, LS-1 Laser Sight, Flashlight.

AEK-971: XDR Holo, K8 Holo, SHAN 2.5x, Bravo 3X, M22, Raven 4X, PSO-1M3, Ghost Hybrid 1.25X, Covered Suppressor, Warhawk Compensator, Tactical Compensator, Arcom Tactical Muzzle Brake, Champion Muzzle Brake, 6KU Suppressor, Cobra Grip, LS-1 Laser Sight, Flashlight, Extended Magazine.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah, I loved the AEK-971 for the burst fire but all of the vault weapons seemed kinda half implemented in the standard game with missing attachments and stuff so I didn't use it much before switching to something with unlocks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

explosivo posted:

Hell yeah, I loved the AEK-971 for the burst fire but all of the vault weapons seemed kinda half implemented in the standard game with missing attachments and stuff so I didn't use it much before switching to something with unlocks.

It's pretty good, but yeah it gets outclassed by a lot of the other weapons. The RPK rips, though.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

CornHolio posted:

The last sector on Exposure is a favorite, especially the flag in the cave. Almost impossible to capture but sometimes it is. Insane battles there.

That can be frustrating as an attacker because your team never seems to realise that you don't even need to push so far in. A few sentinels down on the first big wall at the caves entrance and you can put a lot of bodies on the flag cap in relative safety. There are a few glitchy wall spots to the right where you can do grenade damage to the defenders as well.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I detonated a C5 directly under a guy on foot in a building and it did him 65 damage before he killed me

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inspector Hound posted:

I detonated a C5 directly under a guy on foot in a building and it did him 65 damage before he killed me

Yeah the C5 is unbelievably weak and it kind of sucks that you have to stick THREE of them on a tank to blow it up otherwise it just shrugs it off and regens all of it's health while driving away and likely killing you in the process. Same with all of the launchers. It's no wonder why everybody just tries their hardest to ignore helicopters or tanks instead of working together to blow them up, it's more likely you're going to get killed by having your spot blown up for shooting a javelin or something than you getting a kill.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow the m5a3 is crazy good i havent touched assault rifles really at all mostly doing SMGs

this gun whips also just unlocked the rex hell yeah

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

the rex feels *really* good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pharmaskittle posted:

the rex feels *really* good

yeah it does but it doesnt have that m44 headshot satisfaction

that feeling is REALLY good

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I can't stand the fire delay on the big revolver, it's just unacceptable when I'm down to a pistol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I knew that the Drone did a sliver of actual damage with its EMP blast, but this made me laugh like a drain today. I wonder how it looked on the killcam.

https://i.imgur.com/Yf4uD60.mp4

lol wow

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

This marksman rifle that looks like an uzi might be The Gun for me. Also why is there no damned deagle in this game?

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

I'm looking for a dumbass shooter to kill the time, and the last one I played was Battlefield 3, which was pretty goddamn fun. Is this worth scooping? Or is it the buggy, cheater-laden mess the Steam reviews say?

or both

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its not that buggy. Very little in actual rounds, but theres a bug we've mentioned here where the game hangs in between rounds on a black screen.

I start out my sessions usually with TDM. Start a game on Norshar, I'm cleaning loving house. After a couple dozen kills, I clue in that most of the rest of the players are AI. Oh well, theres a guy on the other team challenging my supremacy, so I have that to aim for. I start to build a lead at 51 kills, server shits the bed. By the looks of twitter, its been going on with all EA games all evening :negative:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

I'm looking for a dumbass shooter to kill the time, and the last one I played was Battlefield 3, which was pretty goddamn fun. Is this worth scooping? Or is it the buggy, cheater-laden mess the Steam reviews say?

or both

Payday 3 is coming out later this year

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chronojam posted:

Payday 3 is coming out later this year

Is it really? I feel like I haven't heard a drat thing about that game since it was announced but a release this year would be awesome.

Edit: Oh I see there was a teaser posted like a day ago. Cool!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 9, 2023

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Finally got my NTW badge, I love that gun. I use a 3.5x almost exclusively and play close support with it basically, and man it's fun to send people ragdolling all over the place. Multi-kills with it are also deeply entertaining. And occasionally I can blow up a vehicle. Pair with Blasco always and I'm happy.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

The Finn posted:

Finally got my NTW badge, I love that gun. I use a 3.5x almost exclusively and play close support with it basically, and man it's fun to send people ragdolling all over the place. Multi-kills with it are also deeply entertaining. And occasionally I can blow up a vehicle. Pair with Blasco always and I'm happy.

Was playing some gun master last week, God I hated when that came up. Every action with it is soooo slow. Would have to play for hours just to get the timing of it right.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Was playing some gun master last week, God I hated when that came up. Every action with it is soooo slow. Would have to play for hours just to get the timing of it right.

Unbelievably slow, feels like a musket at times. The trade off is mostly never needing to shoot anyone twice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love the ntw

it has such a good feel and i love how huge it is and the effort to rack(?) the slide after sounds awesome and i pretend i reload it with vhs tapes

also the RM68 really is loving awesome

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 12, 2023

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Left before the class rework, come back and restricting AA launchers without nerfing the Nightbird has turned out exactly as expected, good job DICE.

Can you still railgun the pilot out or did they nerf that too?

edit: They did, lol

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 13, 2023

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

OneEightHundred posted:

Left before the class rework, come back and restricting AA launchers without nerfing the Nightbird has turned out exactly as expected, good job DICE.

Can you still railgun the pilot out or did they nerf that too?

edit: They did, lol

You absolutely still can railgun pilots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--GRhQ0EbI0

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Hot Diggity! posted:

You absolutely still can railgun pilots
You can but they nerfed the charge time.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I hate the EOD Bot so much

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

or both

I’ve only ever seen one blatant cheater in BF2042 but it’s easy to dominate in this game with a competent 4 person team to the point of being accused of cheating frequently.

BF5 however is gone. Every lobby has a cheater racking up 100s of kills in minutes.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Hot take: this is the multiplayer game to buy right now. The class system is actually a good compromise between the game's original gameplay and the BF class system. The population is doing good, cheaters are a non-issue, and most players generally do not tryhard. At worst you get a chopper team that is hard to kill, but those guys don't actually sway the game too much because more players become infantry and cap points.

I play with a guy who is a stealth chopper player and I can feel my winrate drop when I play with him. Instead of taking an easy cap I just fly around the sky trying to get kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
very cool when the ground doesnt load so i cant drive anywhere