Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I put billions of hours into KOC2 on my janky modded PS2 but trying to play it now is really difficult, it's super stiff feeling and I don't remember the order of all the menus. But man do I miss the announcers. And the brainbusters.

i really wish i liked the grapples more because the rest of the game is unbeatable. The gm mode i wish i could interact with more but using the translation guide is just too much for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tato posted:

AEW game delayed because they are breaking it in two like Pokémon. AEW Fight Forever: Dynamite and AEW Fight Forever: Collision. You have to buy both to get the full roster and are absolutely forbidden from using certain people in the wrong game.

Please don't give 2K Sports any ideas for WWE games...

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

2k blue and red. It’s right there !

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Roman Red and Bloodline Blue

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Are there any PC wrestling games worth playing? I just got back in to wrestling and I’m a little shocked that people still use TEW but that was fun so long ago.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Pillowpants posted:

Are there any PC wrestling games worth playing? I just got back in to wrestling and I’m a little shocked that people still use TEW but that was fun so long ago.

2k23 funs fine on PC and there's a 2020 edition of TEW so if you liked it before you could give it a shot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you can also emulate very easily every console wrestling game ever. Its what i do and recommend.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Journey of Wrestling is a fun browser based booking sim i like to play

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

you can also emulate very easily every console wrestling game ever. Its what i do and recommend.

360/PS3 era games are still pretty iffy but anything before that should be fine

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Drakkel posted:

360/PS3 era games are still pretty iffy but anything before that should be fine

I thought there was an issue with GameCube games?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Oh that's right, the Smackdown vs Raw games on Gamecube don't really work but stuff like Day of Reckoning was fine last I saw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Oh that's right, the Smackdown vs Raw games on Gamecube don't really work but stuff like Day of Reckoning was fine last I saw

there were no Smackdown vs Raw games on Gamecube, Smackdown vs Raw was the Playstation series, Wrestlemania 18, 19 and DOR was the Gamecube series

the Xbox had Raw 1 and 2 lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My bad, I was just looking at the Dolphin compatibility list and it had both Gamecube and Wii games in the same list. Speaking of basically no wrestling games on the Wii work except for the port of All Stars but I've played it and it's dogshit.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Alaois posted:

the Xbox had Raw 1 and 2 lol
And Wrestlemania 21, which was even worse because it was obviously unfinished!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DMorbid posted:

I always think Wrestlemania 21 was a 360 game because it came out in late 2005 and was the first Xbox game to ever get a patch over Xbox Live

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

DMorbid posted:

they named the third wrestlemania game 21

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pillowpants posted:

Wrestlemania 19 has some problems with CAW's displaying properly but I believe that people figured out how to fix them.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Alaois posted:

I always think Wrestlemania 21 was a 360 game because it came out in late 2005 and was the first Xbox game to ever get a patch over Xbox Live

No, it was an Xbox game and it didn't get a patch over Xbox Live because it couldn't connect to Xbox Live at all (check out Alex Navarro's old Gamespot video review).

Microsoft had to patch every single Xbox on the system level to get it to connect.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arbite posted:

No, it was an Xbox game and it didn't get a patch over Xbox Live because it couldn't connect to Xbox Live at all (check out Alex Navarro's old Gamespot video review).

Microsoft had to patch every single Xbox on the system level to get it to connect.

lmao

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

The Xbox also got the most broken version of Showdown: Legends of Wrestling, which was already pretty broken to begin with because Acclaim was dying.

Fortunately, I had a PS2 as well so I didn't have to pretend I enjoyed the RAW games.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

the finest character models from the creators of Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

they have worked almost flawlessly for me. Just a few framerate issues sometimes but they dont last.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Any game from MDickie

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

neoaxd posted:

Any game from MDickie

This is the way. As much as I have mocked dickie for the last decade his games bring such a smile to the face

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Optimist with doubt posted:

This is the way. As much as I have mocked dickie for the last decade his games bring such a smile to the face

Stuff like Pro Wrestling X made me appreciate MDickie's work more. Like obviously making this poo poo is hard enough in the first place, but making it, having it work, and having it be genuinely entertaining puts it miles and miles ahead of what it could easily have been instead

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Optimist with doubt posted:

I love watching super popular steamers (that don't know much about wrestling) have so much fun with his games.

SuperGreatFriend
Jerma985
MoonMoon
Charborg

Jubs fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 15, 2023

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Jubs posted:

I love watching super popular steamers (that don't know much about wrestling) have so much fun with his games.

SuperGreatFriend
Jerma985
MoonMoon
Charborg
Tom Walker:
https://youtu.be/m2XPRgWspqU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Jubs posted:

SuperGreatFriend
SGF is an old-school wrestling fan who knows a lot about 80s and 90s stuff.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DMorbid posted:

SGF is an old-school wrestling fan who knows a lot about 80s and 90s stuff.

I put it there as more tongue-in-cheek.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Is there a preferred emulator for n64? I downloaded one and got wm2000 fo load but it won’t work

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pillowpants posted:

Is there a preferred emulator for n64? I downloaded one and got wm2000 fo load but it won’t work

Project 64 was the best one the last I checked in, I'm assuming that's still the case

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pillowpants posted:

simple64 might be able to

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

a really good one i've seen around is mupen64plus. but it's command line only for some reason. here's a recently updated program that gives it a nice gui though: https://github.com/Rosalie241/RMG/releases

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Project 64 was the best one the last I checked in, I'm assuming that's still the case

Thanks. I guess I just had downloaded an old version. The new one works

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jbarnacles/status/1658205227743424517 Interesting thread

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CM Punk in none of those cheevo pics. Lance Archer and Miro are, though

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

PlayStation exclusive, he’s in the platinum.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

DLC Inc posted:

He's right there on MJF's tshirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
They had to delay the game to remove Punk from all the chievo pictures and now they have to add him back.