Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Its hard to move around in general when the ground isnt loaded in. continuously falling a couple inches with the parachute icon flashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
actually killing a vehicle with the NTW is so so satisfying

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Reinstalled the game last week to see if anything had changed (I haven't played it since launch, when I shitcanned it after several weeks of trying to enjoy it) and wow its actually fun and not broken. A little jank sure, but the amount I like in a BF title.

See that the upcoming season change is going to mean squad controls, new map, new map rework. Hope this means that this game is gonna stay a little more alive for a while, there is so much I wanna see. Like BF4's expansions had higher tech stuff, I want my hover tank and more drones and a better railgun.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

I just wish they'd bring back AA mines from BF4, I'll lug those suckers everywhere. Perfect counter to chopper tryhards.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
What’s being a try hard

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more and finding myself in the upper echelon of the scoreboard more often. Why do LMGs suck though? Vehicle weapons are still far too gimped, maybe it gets better once you unlock everything but cutting down infantry still takes way too many hits. The miniguns especially are atrocious, doubly so at any kind of distance. It also feels like when being the gunner in a tank, my crosshairs are off a smidge. Like, assuming everybody is stationary, I need to put the crosshair just down and to the left of my intended target for it to hit.

EOD bot can still go to hell. Funny how driving over it doesn't crush it. I know they embraced the wackiness with the trailer for the game, but some stuff like that is just dumb.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmgs have terrible sprint to fire, terrible ads movespeeds, and worse initial accuracy and recoil than rifles. in a straight up 1v1 duel they are worse

lmgs have more accurate sustained fire which pairs well with a bipod and a lot of bullets which only pays off if you do things you normally can't do with less bullets

https://sym.gg/?game=bf2042&page=charts

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

codo27 posted:

I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more and finding myself in the upper echelon of the scoreboard more often. Why do LMGs suck though? Vehicle weapons are still far too gimped, maybe it gets better once you unlock everything but cutting down infantry still takes way too many hits. The miniguns especially are atrocious, doubly so at any kind of distance. It also feels like when being the gunner in a tank, my crosshairs are off a smidge. Like, assuming everybody is stationary, I need to put the crosshair just down and to the left of my intended target for it to hit.

EOD bot can still go to hell. Funny how driving over it doesn't crush it. I know they embraced the wackiness with the trailer for the game, but some stuff like that is just dumb.

I find anything with no AOE sucks against infantry for the most part vehicle wise. Grenades, especially incenary, are great though. Also never stop moving in a vehicle. So many chances to get c4 (c5) or sniped out of lighter vehicles

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I even find the main tank shell is useless against infantry as far as AOE goes. Needs to be a direct hit to the brainstem or else they walk it off and vaporize you with their somehow more powerful portable equipment

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I never had luck in the tanks. It barely feels like they can ‘tank’ any hits 😀

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

codo27 posted:

I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit more and finding myself in the upper echelon of the scoreboard more often. Why do LMGs suck though? Vehicle weapons are still far too gimped, maybe it gets better once you unlock everything but cutting down infantry still takes way too many hits. The miniguns especially are atrocious, doubly so at any kind of distance.

Any minigun on a vehicle basically sucks, you gotta unlock the explosive weapons, those things always clean up. I always play LMG, it's best to take advantage of the attachment quick-switch so you can put a decent muzzle on and then switch to the bipod when you want to go prone and mow down 5 people at once. It's also good practice to always crouch when you are firing without the bipod

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Sundance's homing at grenade is way WAY too powerful and that there is only one lock spoofing smoke sucks. Also the javelin is also impossible to spoof. It is my opinion that all smoke screens should double as IR smoke.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
putting a lil dorito on a dude and erasing them from a bush still feels great it

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So playing this a bit more (now on PC because oh hey I did a smart thing in the past and attached my EA account to my PS4 account) and I need to ask if there's any surefire way to either make the PBX-45 usable (until I get the M416) or to practice not getting lit up by literally loving everything. For added pain, I'm picking the ranged healing lady so I can heal AND reload teammates.

Also if I should even bother going for 100 glocko kills because of the funny burst fire pistol I think

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

widespread posted:

So playing this a bit more (now on PC because oh hey I did a smart thing in the past and attached my EA account to my PS4 account) and I need to ask if there's any surefire way to either make the PBX-45 usable (until I get the M416) or to practice not getting lit up by literally loving everything. For added pain, I'm picking the ranged healing lady so I can heal AND reload teammates.

Also if I should even bother going for 100 glocko kills because of the funny burst fire pistol I think

the pbx loving rules?? also the glock rules too

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

FastestGunAlive posted:

What’s being a try hard

Being in a helicopter and not instantly hearing lock ons all the time.

gently caress the sky gods

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

What’s being a try hard

Anyone who's better at the game than whoever uses the term, usually

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The people with dozens of kills but who are still under me on the scoreboard because I revived some people near an objective while waiting to be slaughtered

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

What’s being a try hard

People who only use kit that is meta and/or known to be broken OP

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
They are going to nerf Irish's shootdown sentinel. Give it a cooldown. It's the only think that makes some rounds bearable. Welp, gonna try and T1 it before that. Need 3k shootdowns. I started in RushXL now -- got over 600 in one match. Just gotta watch out for caspers trying to kill it with their drone.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have never not played as Casper

What other people have cool stuff

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
When I played I pretty much only played as Sundance and Mckay, just swingin and gliding all over

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Or then you can just use the 60mm mortar.

https://i.imgur.com/Z5LcSWz.mp4

I hit a jet with the mortar once. It was strafing above us and I got lucky and hit it in the face with a mortar shot.

Mortar shots can also feel really good when you pull off shots at weird angles. Like if I see a moving infantry as we're driving and manage to get the angle/timing right to hit it. It's sorta like throwing a curveball when your vehicle is in motion at an angle that isn't heading directly towards the target.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I reinstalled because I saw it was free with gamepass. Last played like a month into release. The gunplay is good but drat the map design is just so bland.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

FastestGunAlive posted:

I reinstalled because I saw it was free with gamepass. Last played like a month into release. The gunplay is good but drat the map design is just so bland.

That said, Renewal has a tornado special thing and you bet your sweet bippy I rode that thing with a parachute only

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Ytlaya posted:

I hit a jet with the mortar once. It was strafing above us and I got lucky and hit it in the face with a mortar shot.

Mortar shots can also feel really good when you pull off shots at weird angles. Like if I see a moving infantry as we're driving and manage to get the angle/timing right to hit it. It's sorta like throwing a curveball when your vehicle is in motion at an angle that isn't heading directly towards the target.

I love the goddamn mortar. The funny thing is I am far more accurate with the mortar than I am with the actual tank shells.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Unlock the mortar on the Wildcat and all of a sudden you get a lot more ride-alongs

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Added 1 more person to my usual 2 person beef group and man its so much more fun. 3 coordinated people can accomplish so much more than 2. Worth noting we only play 64 player mode.

Also I only play Rao lately. I feel like he's such a great hindrance to vehicles and a real heavy hitter as a 1 man ground vehicle killer. Hacking, smoke grenades and C5 are just a great combo for destroying or scaring off tanks.

Honestly is there any grenade worth taking over smokes?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Uriah Heep posted:

Added 1 more person to my usual 2 person beef group and man its so much more fun. 3 coordinated people can accomplish so much more than 2. Worth noting we only play 64 player mode.

Also I only play Rao lately. I feel like he's such a great hindrance to vehicles and a real heavy hitter as a 1 man ground vehicle killer. Hacking, smoke grenades and C5 are just a great combo for destroying or scaring off tanks.

Honestly is there any grenade worth taking over smokes?

i love the incendiary grenade so so much

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Had an absolutely deranged run with a pub squadmate that began when I shot a pilot out of his little bird. My squadmate jumps into it after it lands, I redeploy as Lis, and spawn on him. We spent the rest of the round flying around in the enemy little bird, me repairing and getting some pretty sick air to air kills with the Lis rocket. When this game hits, it's really better than anything else out there

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
orbital sucks

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I love the goddamn mortar. The funny thing is I am far more accurate with the mortar than I am with the actual tank shells.

Same. I loving love the mortar.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The 60mm mortar is the best. I hate getting into somebody's tank and they don't have it equipped.

They are going to nerf Irish's shootdown sentinel. Give it a cooldown. It's the only think that makes some rounds bearable. Welp, gonna try and T1 it before that. Need 3k shootdowns. I started in RushXL now -- got over 600 in one match. Just gotta watch out for caspers trying to kill it with their drone.

I just T1'd him this week. Just in time.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Same. I loving love the mortar.

Not empty quoting. But then you end up with a tank driver who is too scared to get anywhere near the action. Even when I'm an engie and trying to tell them that I can rep.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

People really get mad when you use Lis rockets on infantry. It's just so fun to outsnipe snipers. And sometimes I'm just a rep monkey in the transport chopper, but I can still have my fun.

https://i.imgur.com/FvOkOBl.mp4

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

People really get mad when you use Lis rockets on infantry. It's just so fun to outsnipe snipers. And sometimes I'm just a rep monkey in the transport chopper, but I can still have my fun.

They do? If so, I can't hear them over the sound of the rocket's thrusters. :smug:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Not empty quoting. But then you end up with a tank driver who is too scared to get anywhere near the action. Even when I'm an engie and trying to tell them that I can rep.

Ha, yeah that's the drawback. You spawn into a tank with an empty gunner seat and you see that you get the mortar. gently caress yeah!!!! Then he sits back in the uncap and tanksnipes, and now I have to run 14 miles to the action because gently caress him.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This is great, but I think I can count the number of infantry kills I have with that thing on 2 fingers. The splash damage is SO BAD, and having to steer it with a PS5 controller isn't the easiest either.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

I’ve accidentally fired a Liz with rocket point blank into a railing. It left me with 45 health. Nothing less then a direct hit will kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Rocketing a sniper glint is never not great imo