Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i dont think well ever get a switch version tbh

this is my concern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Its as simple as installing the emudeck flatpack, and throwing an ISO at it

Retroarch is on Steam, can't you just install that and load the ROMs via a flash card or something

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Endless Mike posted:

i did the zoras first just because that's the direction i randomly went

they built a statue to link and sidon's love

Link and Sidon are an amazing platonic friendship that exudes the kind of flamboyant energy I like to imagine I bring to the table myself

re: Zora temple and other puzzles non-spoilery hint: if nothing makes sense, remember missy Elliott’s advice: “Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup I” it also works ridiculously well on boss moves that generate physics objects in the environment

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

re: the zora temple specifically im curious how people solved the first puzzle where you have to move a big ball across and up a big gap because I only managed it by spawning in some zonai devices to build a balloon, attaching the ball to one of the hover platforms in the area, and flying up while holding the ball with ultra hand and there's just no way that's the intended method

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

MrQueasy posted:

“Ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tup I”

did you just tell me to go gently caress myself!?!?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oneiros posted:

you've got a few options actually, depending on where you are and how much time you wanna invest in not fast-traveling

• whoops!

haveblue posted:

this is how I discovered that on desktop safari spoiler tags do not obscure lists in the yospos stylesheet
same on firefox in windows

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quiggy posted:

re: the zora temple specifically im curious how people solved the first puzzle where you have to move a big ball across and up a big gap because I only managed it by spawning in some zonai devices to build a balloon, attaching the ball to one of the hover platforms in the area, and flying up while holding the ball with ultra hand and there's just no way that's the intended method

i stuck it to one of the floating bricks and moved it over the gap then up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lord almighty today feels like thanksgiving because I’m so grateful for totk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Endless Mike posted:

i stuck it to one of the floating bricks and moved it over the gap then up

this was my goal but i couldn't reach it from both sides and had no good way to cross the gap; going back to the waterfall caused the brick to disconnect and plummet into the abyss

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

same on firefox in windows

works4me

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cats love nothing more than weird allusions to goatse

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

look out there’s s lyonel or something behind you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what in tarnation

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dang, totk sold 10 million copies in three days. botw has totaled 30 million copis across both wii u and switch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a lot more switches out there than there were in 2017

wii us were never more than a rounding error :/

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

haveblue posted:

a lot more switches out there than there were in 2017

wii us were never more than a rounding error :/

that 30 million number is apparently lifetime sales though, so botw has had six years to get there.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

where did you get cyanopos, reminds me of setting the Cathode terminal app (rip) to 1970s.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hed posted:

where did you get cyanopos, reminds me of setting the Cathode terminal app (rip) to 1970s.

:biglips:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hed posted:

i rolled my own because my time is of no value

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010
This was a pretty wild hour and a half. Usually I’m not one for long youtube vids, but the first 5 minutes had me hooked and it was all downhill from there. I’m not sure how to further explain it without ruining going into it blind, so here you go.

e: I’m kinda mad at myself for not following the narrators advice and playing this for myself; I wish I could go back and not watch the vid first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wAo54DHDY0

Gonna Send It fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 17, 2023

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null

Hed posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909929&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post501467866

Did this a while back, others have improved it. Have fun!

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

playin some age of wonders 4

im really bad at it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

more like age of whiners. drat millennials.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

finally jumped into a gloom hole. :drat:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

haveblue posted:

this is how I discovered that on desktop safari spoiler tags do not obscure lists in the yospos stylesheet

i even double checked the preview to make sure but i guess the ios app is just that good lol :negative:

at least they're not really proper spoilers but i know some people don't wanna read solutions but figure things out for themselves

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

finally jumped into a gloom hole. :drat:
ikr, cool as hell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

really gave me blackreach vibes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i jumped into the gloom hole too but it was before i got the paraglider :greenangel:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve hardly done poo poo with the main quest yet, exploring is so much fun. gonna check out the ol’ great plateau tomorrow

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

completed my first temple, also tried to track down a treasure map location but couldn't find my way through all the gloom :negative:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

President Beep posted:

I’ve hardly done poo poo with the main quest yet, exploring is so much fun. gonna check out the ol’ great plateau tomorrow

exploring is a lot more fun after clearing a couple temples

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

fire temple and the leadup to it weren't great imo, other than the dive down death mountain's throat to the depths and fuckin' lost izalith reveal. boss was fun enough i guess

workin' thru the gerudo stuff now tho and it owns all i can hear is thunder god cid goin' I CALL OUT TO THE SKIES AND TREMBLE AS THE BRILLIANCE OF A THOUSAND BOLTS BLINDS MINE ENEMIES AND TEARS THEIR FLESH ASUNDER :black101:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oneiros posted:

fire temple and the leadup to it weren't great imo, other than the dive down death mountain's throat to the depths and fuckin' lost izalith reveal. boss was fun enough i guess

workin' thru the gerudo stuff now tho and it owns all i can hear is thunder god cid goin' I CALL OUT TO THE SKIES AND TREMBLE AS THE BRILLIANCE OF A THOUSAND BOLTS BLINDS MINE ENEMIES AND TEARS THEIR FLESH ASUNDER :black101:

i just finished goron land so i guess i know where i'm fuckin going next based on this

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

haven't played ff14 in maybe a year and i can still hear that line in my head

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

haven't played ff14 in maybe a year and i can still hear that line in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WadRRmwZY

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i'm overselling it a bit but it's definitely more interesting than a literal on-rails ride up death mountain

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i JUST learned one minute ago that the sometimes fireworks at the end of the super mario brothers levels are based solely on the last digit of the time remaining and nothing else

i used to get so mad as a kid when my friend Rudy did a worse job on the level than I did but somehow got more fireworks

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i plumbed the depths a bunch today and beat up kohga a few times and now i have a bunch more batteries 8)

totk good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hi video games friends. i'm playing totk and it's fun but i'm not reading this thread because i've read spoilers in yospos too many times. but i wanna shoot the poo poo about it with yospals so this one-way message will have to do

game is good. i wish it weren't so building-focused (so far i think i prefer botw's abilities) but maybe it'll grow on me. and it's not like they're bad or un-fun, i just prefer a bit more standard zelda stuff i guess? i've finished the tutorial area and just got the paraglider