Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kiimo posted:

No.

And lmao we locked that like two hours ago he couldn't wait to post it

this just went live too

https://twitter.com/jason_blum/status/1658634369307926529

It's got to be better than the Nick Cage knock-off movie that had literally no plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

In all the head-scratching over the font, we missed that the movie isn't coming out until Summer 2025.

Like, do we really need a poster 2+ years in advance for this? Are people clambering that hard for a Cleopatra biopic starring Gal Gadot?

"People are all talking about the Netflix Cleopatra so Cleopatra is hot get that poster out now!"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Ah well, I guess that'll teach me not to post before I've had my Greek coffee.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This thing has 18 million views since last night just on Blum's twitter post alone. No wonder he was keen to get this out ASAP he definitely struck while the iron was hot after teasing it.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

So the people who got extremely pissed about black Cleopatra are surely gonna be extremely pissed about this too right? She was Greek not Israeli!!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

If anything I'd be most upset that Cleopatra is being played by someone who can't loving act

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Mark Antony, nooo!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

This time she really will have enough champagne to fill the Nile.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’m not sure if Egypt hates the idea of a black Cleopatra or an IDF Cleopatra more .

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I support a FNAF movie if only because it increases the chances of finally getting a FNAF house at Halloween Horror Nights

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Cage one wasn't good as like an action movie or horror or anything, but it was incredible as a "Nic Cage makes bizarre acting choices for no clear reason" movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez nearly 26 million views of Blum's twitter post now. It hasn't been 24 hours yet.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

El Jeffe posted:

So the people who got extremely pissed about black Cleopatra are surely gonna be extremely pissed about this too right? She was Greek not Israeli!!

the people who think cleopatra was black also think the hebrews were black so it's like a double colonization or something

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kiimo posted:

Jeez nearly 26 million views of Blum's twitter post now. It hasn't been 24 hours yet.

Those might just all be my nephew refreshing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Aphrodite posted:

The Cage one wasn't good as like an action movie or horror or anything, but it was incredible as a "Nic Cage makes bizarre acting choices for no clear reason" movie.

There was an AMA and IIRC he explained all of his reasons.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There was an AMA and IIRC he explained all of his reasons.

For a crazy and wild as his performances can be he does take his acting very serious, so this is not at all suprising.

Also they should have Cleopatra. Like than if someone starts to get angry as Cleopatra wasn't a kitten, well they'll see a cute kitten and won't be angry any more.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mantis42 posted:

the people who think cleopatra was black also think the hebrews were black so it's like a double colonization or something

I think they are talking about the extremely racist backlash against the Netflix show where people all of a sudden were sticklers for accuracy in a Netflix docudrama

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mantis42 posted:

Beta Israel whitewashing itt.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Slotducks posted:

If anything I'd be most upset that Cleopatra is being played by someone who can't loving act

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slotducks posted:

People still cheered in Fast X when Giselle shows up alive at the end .

Mantis42 posted:

'Black history truthers' are a funny alternative to all the 'aliens made everything' people but they get annoying once they start to sound more like "black people can be like Nazis too". Also it undermines actual black history like Mansa Musa or the ancient Christian kingdoms of Ethiopia.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 18, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

People still cheered when Giselle shows up alive at the end of Fast X.

'Black history truthers' are a funny alternative to all the 'aliens made everything' people but they get annoying once they start to sound more like "black people can be like Nazis too". Also it undermines actual black history like Mansa Musa or the ancient Christian kingdoms of Ethiopia.

I think you should fix that spoiler a bit because not that I care I got spoiled but someone who does would click that not knowing what it’s referring too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just sitting here wondering which screening he was at

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

There was one very recently some kind of fan event or some poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

I am in Malaysia. Fast X was released here yesterday.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The MSJ posted:

I am in Malaysia. Fast X was released here yesterday.

Got it. It's stupid fun.

China box office coming in way stronger than Mario today which is kind of wild.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yeah, what you quoted and the fact it was a spoiler makes it pretty loving obvious what you are spoilering dude.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

This is a fan-made poster, it hasn’t even been greenlit yet

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FoneBone posted:

This is a fan-made poster, it hasn’t even been greenlit yet

lol well that explains a ton thank you

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You can tell it’s not real because it doesn’t use the real tagline, “Comin’ at ya”

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Okay you have my attention!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The trailer looks pretty dope and I'm always down to support a big budget sci-fi action movie that's not just an IP vehicle

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Very different environment but it still makes me miss playing Stray.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Waffleman_ posted:

The trailer looks pretty dope and I'm always down to support a big budget sci-fi action movie that's not just an IP vehicle

At this point, a film set after/during a war between AI and the meat people would ordinarily make me roll my eyes. But Rogue One was a drat fine Star War, so I'll give it a shot.

e: that teaser trailer looked dope. It's the age of manly men taking care of kids and finding themselves and I and here for that.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 18, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

You can tell it’s not real because it doesn’t use the real tagline, “Comin’ at ya”

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh no - the F+F Lore. :lol:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is this explicitly a Star Wars movie or just an unrelated sci fi movie by the Rogue One director? Either way, looks interesting

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Larryb posted:

So is this explicitly a Star Wars movie or just an unrelated sci fi movie by the Rogue One director? Either way, looks interesting

AI is on the verge of taking over Earth and its up to our main protag to fight em.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

It's unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

It's unrelated.

Ah, the stuff on the poster looked pretty Star Wars esque so I wasn’t sure. Still looks/sounds cool though