Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The whole epilogue was strange but having character arcs get all screwy for no good reason was not a satisfying way to end the show. Walter calling Saul a little bitch was pretty good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
waltuh, take ya dick out waltuh

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You are wrong and should be banned

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i also thought the last few episodes were dumb

like "lol it's a tragedy so we gotta gently caress his life up even more!!!"

Saul was the worst part, should have just been the Mike, Gus, and Lalo show.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Breaking Bad was mid, mostly it was just people who didn't have HBO or other premium channels feeling like they finally had something they could latch onto as being "great TV" even though it really a 3.5/5

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I give it a B, maybe B minus.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
you didn't see the extended ending sequence where kim changes her mind and walks back round the corner and david cross is another one of the prisoners and they all break out of prison in a time machine?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Toxic Mental posted:

Breaking Bad was mid, mostly it was just people who didn't have HBO or other premium channels feeling like they finally had something they could latch onto as being "great TV" even though it really a 3.5/5

Yeah I tried rewatching BB a few years ago and woof, it was a lot worse than I remember.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Looking back it's funny as hell that there was a show about meth cooks, murderers, meth dealers, businesspeople and meth distributors and for 5 years apparently none of them ever once said "gently caress" out loud :lol:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BREAKING NEWS: POPULAR SHOW BAD TED LASSO COMMENTS TO FOLLOW

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I can’t believe Ted had unprotected sex with his little manager friend, but the thumbs up while he climaxed was heartwarming

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

I was only pirating everything for ages and watched Breaking Bad well after it was over and I thought it was amazing. Admittedly I don’t watch a lot of TV.

I doubt Breaking Bad is great on a rewatch, they spent a lot of time pulling at your heartstrings and it doesn’t really work when you already knows whats gonna happen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Breaking bad is fine but it’s honestly extremely funny Walter White got popular considering his character was made to be as annoying as possible

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Parents are naming their children Dutton now

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Yellowstone is an important show because it immediately identifies anyone who likes it as a Bad Person.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
I am the one who knocks lol more like i am the one who walks backwards out of walmart giving the finger (middle finger) to the complete limited edition bilingual box set with "breaking bad" written on the top and "breaking bad: le chimiste" on the bottom so the francophones know what it is

the show stinks

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
well it's not called breaking good is it

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Breaking bad started off good because it was a dark comedy for like the first season and a half. Then it wanted to be all "gritty true crime" and it got way too serious and up it's own rear end.

Better call saul was good for the first two seasons for the same reason, then kinda went off the rails for the same reasons.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Parents are naming their children Dutton now

I heard a parent calling for "Emerson" today on the playground. Lake and Palmer were nowhere to be found.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The big problem(s) with the BCS ending is just how stupid Saul and Kim become. Kim creates a mess of her own and Saul decides to go to prison for life rather than for 7 years and Kim have no money. Yeah, that fits his character. Oh, it was cuz of love. Uh huh. No.

Him getting bored and deciding to run scams again did make sense. Him getting mad at Kim and deciding to do stupid poo poo on a heist, okay, I can see it. But everything that comes after was just ridiculously stupid and seemed like the writers had an ending and tried to get there with dumb plot beats.

As for Kim. She's not stupid and she knows that confessing is not going to do anything for her guilt. It's only going to make her life worse. And she's already done what she could to try to mitigate the bad decisions she had previously made. So she makes probably her worst decision to date.

The show was fine until the end. Then this stupid 4 episode epilogue happens and just hits the dumb accelerator at the end and runs off into the sunset of stupidity.

TBH, Saul deciding to accept a 7 year plea rather than go to trial didn't really fit his character, either. He would know it was a gamble but would believe in his ability to sway at least part of the jury to hang the jury and get off completely. So more writing that doesn't fit the character.

When the judge asks if he's used any drugs he should have said he overdosed on stupid pills.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m glad goons don’t actually write anything because man would it suck

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I genuinely thought BCS was the greatest show of all time until the last season came out. It crapped the bed imo.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Cutting Kim out of most of the season did not help imo

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

But everything that comes after was just ridiculously stupid and seemed like the writers had an ending and tried to get there with dumb plot beats.

Saul was actually shot by the police near the end and died in that trash bin. Everything that happens after that was just a deathbed vision.

They could've ended the show with another Cinnabon hallucination to make it more obvious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vmpz0CHKtw

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
The keen viewer will note that Cinnabon is very close to "sins are bon (French for 'good')". It symbolizes Saul's expectations that he will profit from his misdeeds.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Can't tell if OP is trolling or just completely didn't get it.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Larry Cum Free posted:

The keen viewer will note that Cinnabon is very close to "sins are bon (French for 'good')". It symbolizes Saul's expectations that he will profit from his misdeeds.

you could post this on reddit unironically and get 5 million upvotes

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I agree op. Also all the jumping around with the black and white parts got to be way too much.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm writing a show called Best Call Saul

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Larry Cum Free posted:

Yellowstone is an important show because it immediately identifies anyone who likes it as a Bad Person.

The dirty cop across the street (now doing his year in jail for conspiracy to plant evidence) actually put a vinyl Dutton Ranch logo on the doors of his pickup truck. I’ve never seen the show but hypothesis confirmed.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

A lot of shows are that way. Breaking Bad was great at the time but time moves on. The Sopranos is another one in that vein. At the time it was awesome but try to watch it now. Just loving awful.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Yeah that dude decided to just take it in the rear end because I guess thats what being a good person is in America now. Lets all take it in the rear end folks.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Yates posted:

A lot of shows are that way. Breaking Bad was great at the time but time moves on. The Sopranos is another one in that vein. At the time it was awesome but try to watch it now. Just loving awful.

Walter White gets satisfaction and does something good in the end though.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah actually after posting something about Breaking Bad being good a couple weeks ago, I tried to rewatch it this week, and it's tough. It's entirely out of touch with its own subject matter and has a, for lack of a better term, D.A.R.E.-washed view of not only drugs but drug users and people who sell drugs. It feels a little bit like a weird caricature of "drugs" drawn by one of those racist caricature artists. I also found it strange in retrospect how little time it spends acknowledging all of the countless lives Walt destroyed offscreen by flooding the local meth markets of small-town New Mexico with easily-accessible supply. Plus it has that whole thing of having to be on Cable TV and dance its way around profanity and stuff that makes a lot of the conversations feel like awkward stilted things written by a church group.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah actually after posting something about Breaking Bad being good a couple weeks ago, I tried to rewatch it this week, and it's tough. It's entirely out of touch with its own subject matter and has a, for lack of a better term, D.A.R.E.-washed view of not only drugs but drug users and people who sell drugs. It feels a little bit like a weird caricature of "drugs" drawn by one of those racist caricature artists. I also found it strange in retrospect how little time it spends acknowledging all of the countless lives Walt destroyed offscreen by flooding the local meth markets of small-town New Mexico with easily-accessible supply. Plus it has that whole thing of having to be on Cable TV and dance its way around profanity and stuff that makes a lot of the conversations feel like awkward stilted things written by a church group.

you're not entirely wrong but uh, being from the area, Walt doesn't gently caress up small town New Mexico, he's operating in the largest city

Albuquerque has something like 3 or 4 hundred thousand people over Las Cruces

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

when will the most important breaking bad character, bogdon, get his spin off show??

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just assumed all of New Mexico was small town, I guess.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

one thing you can't deny about walter white, he made fat stacks

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Nah, the finale totally redeemed the very shaky ground the show was on by the second to last season. In summary,

Saalkin posted:

You are wrong and should be banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Never seen it, I don't "do" spinoff shows.