Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Cat Face Joe posted:

lmao is it really going to be $95,000? it was $40,000 when it was announced

Jonny 290 posted:

they do this every loving time and the suckers fall for it every time. the 3 was supposed to be $35k

lol worse, the model 3 was supposed to be under $35k after starting at that. iirc it was only offered at that price point for a few months and was of course some dumb base config

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

lol worse, the model 3 was supposed to be under $35k after starting at that. iirc it was only offered at that price point for a few months and was of course some dumb base config
it was the most stripped down base config and it meant if you ordered it youd get it in 12-18 months (as the cheapest i.e. lowest profit orders got shuffled to very back of the production line)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah, you could, for a brief period, order a $35k model 3, but as I recall, it required you finding some basically hidden part of the ordering website, and it would tell you it would take 18 months to be delivered, but if you'd just upgrade to the $40k model, maybe you could get it in 8 months

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jonny 290 posted:

they do this every loving time and the suckers fall for it every time. the 3 was supposed to be $35k

every loving time

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

Funny enough, Teslas being super uncompetitive in the market made this come true by accident. My coworker got a 3 for $38k last month

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Awwww, now little noodle-legs can ignore a button instead of a stalk!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
It's even funnier because if you hold a regular wheel with no issues, you can take a finger and flick the stalk and know it's engaged, rather then a capacitive button that gives no goddamn clue you hit it

(They never will use turn signals anyways)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
apparently “it vibrates” so thats good enough??

also its gonna be way easier to hit the turn signal going the wrong way

and the whole “only works when the wheel is centered” thing

and the fact that its something new for drivers to get used to

and

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
you can tell its a pickup truck meant for doing real hauling and contracting and construction work because those controls are all completely unusable with work gloves

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
also if you tap the button does it stay on until you physically make the complete turn or does it just blink three times per tap. if the latter boy oh boy that fuckin sucks

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Motorcycles have a little rocker switch for the turn signal, they couldn’t just copy that if they insisted on putting it on the wheel?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

rotor posted:

and

yeah if i try to use the controls on my prius's steering wheel while driving i inevitably gently caress it up if i have my wheel turned.

so for that alone it's better to have a dedicated control not rotating with the wheel.

i have had to use the turn signal while having the wheel upside down and lol, the buttons now point the wrong way so good luck with that.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Everything in the poo poo future car has to be future and poo poo so of course it's a touch sensor. You're lucky it's not voice activated using cloud ai.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ADINSX posted:

Motorcycles have a little rocker switch for the turn signal, they couldn’t just copy that if they insisted on putting it on the wheel?

no because motorcycle handlebars don't do multiple full rotations so the switch is always there under your thumb. the indicator stalk is a good solution.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

just make it 150 deg lock-to-lock, cowards

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

knox_harrington posted:

no because motorcycle handlebars don't do multiple full rotations so the switch is always there under your thumb. the indicator stalk is a good solution.

I’m not saying it’s better than a stalk, but at least it maintains the natural mapping of the control when the wheel is level: I rock left the left blinker turns on, I rock right the right one does. With those buttons if you press the top button the left blinker turns on (I think, I already forgot). Plus the rocker switch is designed to be used with motorcycle gloves

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Bugsy posted:

Falling apart at the seams.

https://twitter.com/ch1w33th3d0g/status/1661857635971514368

Check how bad the tailgate looks in the original tweet too.

lmao at this reply
https://twitter.com/terjeholden/status/1661774036416987136?t=o7fO0cmjlbwinTLG7AriPg&s=19

notably equivalent markets of $00 handheld devices with generalised use cases and $0000 vehicles with very narrow ones that are being specifically targeted

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/lauramandaro/status/1662212700032876544

lmao

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

rotor posted:

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

and

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
that was me making fun of elon's constant excuses for loving up poo poo he claims to be good at. not directed at rotor. my jokes suck, so sometimes i need to explain them

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just asking questions. concerning

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i never thought i would describe a pickup by saying "it looks like it poo poo its pants"

i think its the low clearance on the model 3 frame or w/e it is

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Aztek hosed a toaster

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i never thought i would describe a pickup by saying "it looks like it poo poo its pants"

it looks like a car you'd make in garry's mod out of a dumpster and some wheels.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

harboer freight interior

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

What's the context for the 8 tires in the bed? I'm pretty sure even serious offroaders and race car nerds don't have tire machines.

Maybe it's the least-dense cargo they could find on zero notice at the factory?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

they’re the spare tires you need to carry because the car has the reliability of a duesenberg

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ryanrs posted:

What's the context for the 8 tires in the bed? I'm pretty sure even serious offroaders and race car nerds don't have tire machines.

Maybe it's the least-dense cargo they could find on zero notice at the factory?

Its to show off the immense towing capacity of TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY POUNDS

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

rotor posted:

and

clearly you forgot, soon all teslas will be fsd. then indicators won't go off due to garbage programming instead of driver incompetence / spite

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Luigi Thirty posted:

they’re the spare tires you need to carry because the car has the reliability of a duesenberg

it’s a doozy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Roosevelt posted:

how is it that this thing looks dumber every time I see it? the way the tail gate widens from bottom to top is ridiculous. and those gaps at the tops of the doors are just wow.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Management posted:

how is it that this thing looks dumber every time I see it? the way the tail gate widens from bottom to top is ridiculous. and those gaps at the tops of the doors are just wow.

The Truck of Boerian Gray, except both look more like poo poo every time you see them.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Achmed Jones posted:

eh, saying that's a "liberal ally" thing is a stretch. your extremely online radical cosplayers also love to say it literally any time you suggest that their choices aren't so great (nerd franchises and video games as you noted lol). same people that will tell you being a shithead in whatever antisocial capacity "is praxis" and/or start parroting the most eye-rolling lesswrong consequentialist tenets. it's basically just a part of the fabric of the internet these days. i agree that it's super tedious though, no argument there!

the thing i'm doing is either a) self care, b) there is no ethical consumption in capitalism or c) any changes i make don't matter because we live in a society.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Twitter working just fine, no bots

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1662117908053479425

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

just saw one of these in the wild and I don’t stray from my follow list.

also, amazing multi page detail about food. good job goons

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
my dms column in tweetdeck has spam in three different languages; it's actually a little impressive how much worse it got after he took over

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

this will surely bring the advertiser's back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/GordonJohnson19/status/1661840242121252890