Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is a weird new direction for Griffin McElroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

This is a thing of beauty.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
On that Payne one.... if half of the US moved to Florida it woild likely be the conservative half. As such, while Florida would go overwhelmingly red that means every other state would go Blue lesding to one of the most one-sided electoral college victories for Biden.

Eat poo poo Payne

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Please insert your favorite "both" meme here.

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Mike Peters

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Was this originally a gif? Ann Telnaes isn't known for being lazy.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

It didn't seem to be; I try to grab the animations when possible. I guess everyone is Gorrell some days.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

It didn't seem to be; I try to grab the animations when possible. I guess everyone is Gorrell some days.

Just checked the website directly, it's a .jpg . I refuse to nominate it though, I think being lazy once is ok, those who are super lazy just keep being lazy over and over.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Good...Debt? I'm afraid I don't understand.

You can go into debt by taking out loans/deficit spending but put that money into something that can create money it's worth it in the long run. Play Victoria 3, you find out that if you deficit invest in factories you can supercharge your economy, so long as your economy can grow faster then your debt. You can actually "outrun" your debt, gaining more spending power faster then your debt grows.

That's one thing conservative lawmakers don't really seem to get. By the time the treasury bills mature the economy will have grown enough that we can easily pay for it with new T-bills. The key is that we have a AAA credit rating, so people buying T-bills are ok with low interest rates because it's basically guaranteed to be paid.... except when the debt ceiling is hit and we cannot take out any more T-bills.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The hands on the AI "art" are :discourse:

We already know you're going to find some modern iteration of "but her emails" and vote for Trump anyway, you fascist pig. Stop being a loving coward and own what you are, you mealy mouthed hacky piece of poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Technowolf posted:

I think it's supposed to be about the media not covering noted anti-vaxxer nutjob Robert F. Kennedy with the same gravitas they cover Robn DeSantis.

It will shock, shock you to learn RFK's perspective on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings: a bumpy ride for the Tories – The Conservatives have endured another bruising week, with fresh warnings of recession, criticism over migration numbers, and more Johnson hijinx"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt will accept a recession if it brings down inflation

Matt:

Man arrested after car crashes into gates of Downing Street

Independent:

Boris Johnson sitting on ‘ticking timebomb’ over new Partygate claims, say senior Tories After Clive Uptton.

The i paper:

Times:

Child abuse charge for driver who hit No 10 gate

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lol what is wrong with this dude

Like sorry you don't get to be a drunk chain-smoking caveman without repercussions, sux

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Like sorry you don't get to be a drunk chain-smoking caveman without repercussions, sux

It's not the emotional and intellectual sandbox he's used to.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

*stamps foot* I'm the white boy! I get dibs on the toys! NOT FAIR

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

"Throne Off"

gently caress
gently caress
gently caress
gently caress

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brawnfire posted:

I'm choosing to believe that drinky duck is speaking at an evangelical seminary in Texas or Florida.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lots of cartoonists just showing off their fetishes recently.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

The ironic thing is, I'm 99.99% sure AI could easily replace Drinky Duck and no one would notice.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

JamesBont posted:

The ironic thing is, I'm 99.99% sure AI could easily replace Drinky Duck and no one would notice.

Suddenly there's a suspicious uptick in amusing jokes because the prompt--erroneously--said "comic" strip

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Prompt: "You are writing a comic strip containing a duck who hates everything that is good, including education and the environment. The duck works as a news reporter and tells only lies. Please write three panels of dialogue for this duck."

ChatGPT posted:

Panel 1:
[Duck, dressed in a news reporter's outfit, stands in front of a polluted river.]

Duck (grinning maliciously): "Welcome to the 'Not-So-Great Outdoors' segment! Today, we'll explore this hideous river, an excellent example of how Mother Nature gets it all wrong. Look at that murky water! It's like a swirling concoction of chaos and despair. Ah, the smell of pollution in the morning!"

Panel 2:
[Duck now stands amidst a group of frustrated students in a dilapidated classroom.]

Duck (sarcastically): "Time for our 'Education Shmeducation' report! Who needs boring books and all that learning nonsense, right? This crumbling classroom perfectly encapsulates the beauty of ignorance. Remember, kids, knowledge is overrated!"

Panel 3:
[Duck stands near a solar panel installation, rolling its eyes.]

Duck (mockingly): "Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves for the 'So-Called Renewable Energy' segment! Look at those solar panels gleaming in the sun. Ugh, it's like they think they're better than coal. Spoiler alert: they're not! Let's keep the planet warm, people!"

[End of comic strip]

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

idonotlikepeas posted:

Prompt: "You are writing a comic strip containing a duck who hates everything that is good, including education and the environment. The duck works as a news reporter and tells only lies. Please write three panels of dialogue for this duck."

:stonklol:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
How did it know to make it so wordy?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

I'm pretty sure "wordy" is kind of its default. It's actually pretty hard to get dialogue out of the thing for Drunky Duck, because if you try things like "the duck is a fascist" or "the duck hates black people and abortion rights" or "the duck beats his wife", the safeguards in the AI against getting involved in politics or depicting harm will clamp down and prevent it from answering.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Excellent cartoon in the New Yorker today:

Affirmations for the Landlord Facing Adversity

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Excellent cartoon in the New Yorker today:

Affirmations for the Landlord Facing Adversity

you know, this is the one. This is the one that causes me physical pain, as someone whose perspectives for own home have evaporated from me.
gently caress landlords.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Worst Obituary
Kellies Nomination: Most Disgusting
Kellies Nomination: Worst Two Things Happened Cartoon
Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

:barf:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Clay Bennett

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - The Disadvantaged

Mike Thompson

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jimmy Margulies

Kellies Nomination: Worst Obituary.

Like, I get what he was trying to go for, but comparing her to poo poo that is pretty much universally associated with widespread destruction is a bad landing.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
:cry: Sinfest Sunday :cry:, in which... I don't even know anymore. We continue to rattle around uselessly in Woke Hell. Even knowing the author's particular brain worms, it's impossible to tell who is good and who is bad. Tats continues to draw dick bulges larger and larger. He gets distracted by current events for a bit, then draws another of his patented Sunday strips in which adding speech bubbles would just make the whole thing even less coherent.

At least we're getting some Pettyfest out of it this week.

Speaking of bulges, someone went back all the way to 2019 and tallied up some stuff. Mainly the bulges, but also the use of eggplant emojis and dildos, and the occurrences of children in sexualised context. Then someone charted it out. It really shows how badly his brain broke in 2022, and where his current obsession lies:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:stare:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i want a Satan Yay! t shirt

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ha ha nobody would want to watch a diverse take on knight and princess and dragon stories.
If you ignore the entire Shrek franchise.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak sleeps on as his demons gather around – The Covid inquiry, immigration, interest rates and inflation are all conspiring against him"

Sunday Telegraph:

Travel chaos engulfs UK airports as electronic passport gates fail

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Ha ha nobody would want to watch a diverse take on knight and princess and dragon stories.
If you ignore the entire Shrek franchise.

The fact that he think that kids would hate a story about rainbow dragons shows how out of touch he is. Also, disabled people should be loving invisible in children literature I guess.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's wagnerian proto-fascist Cult of the Hero nonsense.

"Myth should be aspirational, not representative, and since everyone aspires to be a blond male hetero who violently triumphs over the Jew enemy..."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
There's so much to say about this one. We shouldn't have representational or mold-breaking media because a stubborn and surly majority (of people damned to hell??) might be resistant to change? Might find it weird or different, or sneer at something because the hero is black, or a disabled person was present at some point?? The story doesn't overwrite the original; the surly people already had their "normal" story, the other person just got an additional new story and they're mad at him for it. What the gently caress is the problem? Are damned souls now an indicator of propriety? Maybe the fact they literally make a childish yuck face because a happy story was told with minority characters has something to do with why their asses are in hell to begin with.

Also, Pink literally promised a story about a villain who changed their ways nonviolently, so... in the end, doesn't that describe the dragon? The situation seems to have been solved amicably and without violence, which I thought was what she was going to tell them anyway, and certainly wasn't present in the initial story. Now it's a bad thing?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The wheelchair really drives this one into more classically fascist territory than we’ve seen from him before, as the category of degenerate seems to be opening past lgbtq territory into the realm of anyone who doesn’t fit a restrictive category of normal. Fun to see him moving into blaming the useless eaters for holding back the glory of the race.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I AM GRANDO posted:

The wheelchair really drives this one into more classically fascist territory than we’ve seen from him before, as the category of degenerate seems to be opening past lgbtq territory into the realm of anyone who doesn’t fit a restrictive category of normal. Fun to see him moving into blaming the useless eaters for holding back the glory of the race.

But if the main characters aren't cishet able-bodied white people, how will I be able to project myself onto them and imagine myself in the story?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
And this loses the chance for cool stuff like this.

https://twitter.com/viagoluvr/status/1555085193190420480