Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

and the dispensaries all had names like "compassion medical supply"

I gave so much PII to places called Lotus Supply that were next door to daycare centers and made you wait in a lobby with Pineapple Express on loop in 2010.

every one of these places also got robbed 4 times a week.

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol my dad just gave me a box of prerolls

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
people are still doing the mmj thing here to an extent despite full legalization because you can get it reimbursed / tax free i think, and the amount you're allowed to grow / keep on hand is much higher

but i don't think there's any enforcement on grow ops these days unless you're being like insanely greedy to obviously sell

i mean we now have a shrooms dispensary in our town putting up advertising signs lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
in NYC everything was "prescribed by a doctor" too but it was literally just a standing prescription for "weed". you pick out what you want and then they print out a label with the instructions

it was always really funny going to the dispensary, coming home with like an ounce and the label says "DAYS SUPPLY: TWO (2)"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mediaphage posted:

i mean we now have a shrooms dispensary in our town putting up advertising signs lol

drat I love me some magic mushrooms

I LOVE acid and i’m always sad when you start coming down but from a practical point of view being able to take mushrooms on a school night really opens the doors of opportunity

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

we decriminalized shrooms a few years ago and my weed store sells them but ive never had them and i need a shroom-doing friend to babysit my anxious rear end

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm a bit old for the mushrooms now. Too much going on in that brain. dont unlock the mind vault, gotta keep the job

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if I was at risk of psychosis I would have unlocked that achievement many moons ago

i’ve kinda learned that no matter how high you get you always come back to earth but you sort of have to go there and see for yourself to have that confidence, and sadly it’s not the case for everyone

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
No, i think the mechanism of "take this drug, you'll be hosed up for a while, then you won't be hosed up any more" is pretty widely understood on scientific levels. nobody believes the orange juice story any more

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://youtu.be/yKGddvmU0fA

if you’re at all interested in psychedelics this is a pretty interesting and intelligent take and report

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

No, i think the mechanism of "take this drug, you'll be hosed up for a while, then you won't be hosed up any more" is pretty widely understood on scientific levels. nobody believes the orange juice story any more
my point is rather, that from a subjective point of view, it’s easy to feel unstable on psychedelics because it feels like you might be stuck this way forever or you thought a forbidden thought and you’ll never be the same again (or whatever), I mean I’ve experienced those things a number of times and especially at first those experiences are distressing and can cause a bad trip, but you learn thru first hand experience that they don’t have lasting impact so when those thought patterns arise in the future you can kind of just ignore them and carry on having a good time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
even though i struggle with depression and anxiety i always did well with hallucinogens, to the point that i’d happily do them by myself and just chill and listen to music and poo poo. very unexpected.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’m also a pleasant drunk. maybe they’re related.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’d say most people who have bad trips are in situations where they’ve smoked some weed coz weed can crank a trip up to fucken 11 and can introduce a real anxious vibe which feels unstable and quite uncomfortable

but by themselves they are generally pretty chill, and alone can even be better coz it’s easy to gently caress up social interactions a bit but avoiding that is easier

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

this weekend i ate some weed gummies with a friend and we watched key and peele and it was an enjoyable time

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i’d say most people who have bad trips are in situations where they’ve smoked some weed coz weed can crank a trip up to fucken 11 and can introduce a real anxious vibe which feels unstable and quite uncomfortable

but by themselves they are generally pretty chill, and alone can even be better coz it’s easy to gently caress up social interactions a bit but avoiding that is easier

this is very true in my experience.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
for a great time eat some cactus

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
the most disgusting thing I’ve ever tasted was San Pedro tea. awful.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah I don’t think it’s possible to grasp just how foul that poo poo is without experiencing it, especially if made the lazy way like I would

mescaline is fuckin glorious though. idk how to squeeze it into my life anymore now tho 😩

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 29, 2023

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

post hole digger posted:

in California when you still needed an Rx for MMJ you weren’t like, getting that from your GP. you were getting it from Dr Nick whose office was just a big room with a folding table and was next door to a crooked car smog certification place.

Gnossiennes posted:

and the dispensaries all had names like "compassion medical supply"

you could get 25% off your consultation if you clipped the back of The Onion (tabloid sized newsstand edition )

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got an add for a mmj clinic here in nz imma check it out

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

TDepressionEarl posted:

you could get 25% off your consultation if you clipped the back of The Onion (tabloid sized newsstand edition )

I don’t think San Jose’s alt weeklies were ever doing better than a period in the early 2010s where mmj dispensaries were basically unregulated and there were more of them in the city than Starbucks or 7/11 lol

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
awhile back my high school buds and I got together in person for the first time in years. we were all uncool nerds who were afraid of drugs in school.

weed is legal in our home state now, and like 7 of 8 of us are like, drat, this stuff is nice.

one guy had a rough home life as a kid, he was saying he went to a “therapist” back when it was just medical only. he was giving the spiel to be like, yeah, I have anxiety or whatever, and afterwards she gave him a scrip and was like, buddy, here’s some info for a real therapist, because that’s messed up. he went and is doing better!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
bought some weed seltzer from the beer store today, excited to try it later

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I like to smoke wee

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

HamAdams posted:

bought some weed seltzer from the beer store today, excited to try it later

nice. ime they still taste faintly of it, alas

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

they sell these lemonade drinks called Sinful at the shop i go to and they're really good. they're like 20oz and a lot of thc, and come in flavors like strawberry, raspberry, huckleberry. v v good and no weed taste.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
the pbr weed seltzers are good too imo

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
while it’s legal in NY, we don’t have any legal dispensaries locally yet so it’s just super low thc stuff but i’m hoping to at least get a nice lil buzz from it. guy at the store said it gave him like a 2 beer equivalent level of high which sounds nice

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

here the drinks are limited to like 5 or 10 mg of legit thc which while not much for stoners is absolutely the right call for the public imo

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i had a chance to try the ice cream the other day, and i found this one that was 50 mg, per 4 oz. container. so you could have like, a bite or two of the delicious ice cream - which i preferred. most of them are dosed at 5 mg though. i wouldn't want a 50 mg soda, that's too much. it was always tempting to just start eating way too much delicious stoney ice cream though. also found some weedy maple syrup that's been good - i've been having that with normal ice cream

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
i heard they are programming weed now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hasn’t it been proven that thc is pure placebo effect?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

fart simpson posted:

hasn’t it been proven that thc is pure placebo effect?

here, hit this, then say that again

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

bringin back the weed thread.

trying edibles again. 10 minutes post dosing: these edibles ain't poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I reckon the edible high obliterates my memory too much, it’s like the evening happens but it might as well not have

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it’s just speed running your whole life. makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

fart simpson posted:

it’s just speed running your whole life. makes u think

i thought this was the weed thread