Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

infernal machines posted:

did you know that halle berry and halle bailey are completely different people?

for a few minutes i was seriously confused about why they would have a 56 year old playing an ostensible teenager, digital deaging or no

lol dude they look nothing alike

e: i mean, look at a picture of halle bailey and a picture of halle berry. it doesn't matter which one you do first, but flip back and forth. even if you ignore all of her other features halle bailey's eyes look like they're super far apart in comparison lol

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i know that, i've never seen the movie or the trailer, just overheard someone referencing the lead

i'd never even heard of halle bailey before today

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh, the trailer came out a pretty long time ago and was in the news a lot so i assumed you'd seen it. still, that particular comparison is kinda funny (see previous post edit)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i mean, other than now knowing it's a different lady, i'd probably just assume she looks kinda hosed up from them CGing her face or something

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i know that, i've never seen the movie or the trailer, just overheard someone referencing the lead

i'd never even heard of halle bailey before today

her and her sister make some cool music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwZ_hodT5CA

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

how is the cg anyway achmed? in the trailer it looked kinda meh, it didnt really seem like they were able to pull off what they wanted

e: like, it seems they were going for photorealism like the lion king remake

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 29, 2023

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

her and her sister make some cool music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwZ_hodT5CA

kinda reminds me of TLC

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

how is the cg anyway achmed? in the trailer it looked kinda meh, it didnt really seem like they were able to pull off what they wanted

e: like, it seems they were going for photorealism like the lion king remake

it was good. i thought it looked bad in the previews, too, but in the theatre at least it was good. not _perfect_ but no complaints here

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

amazon streaming has best worst hk cop movies “in the line of duty” 2, 3 and 4

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

did you know that halle berry and halle bailey are completely different people?
no i get it they just spell and pronounce their last names differently

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1662979297685143552

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

psiox posted:

oof, i had thought i had but was too busy donuttyping to actually hit paste i guess, also the original user has deactivated so here's a rando reposter
lol it says I need an account

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i guess i'm gonna have to watch like fast and furious 4-9 now. only seen #1

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hideo kojima liking something is not necessarily an indicator of quality

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pmchem posted:

this is a good plan, your hazy memories of 1 are probably better than it actually is, 2 is just weird, 3 is from a completely different franchise about Japanese ricers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wrong vowel there buddy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah this was exactly what I needed tonight

https://youtu.be/wFZhFAZd-pE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quote:

Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock

Well, there ya go

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Chris Knight posted:

lol it says I need an account

tumblr'd :argh:

well here's a link to my repost then

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Well, there ya go

the series is also known for an escalating series of irresponsibly dangerous vehicle stunts. plus donnie yen is in #4

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yeah it's great.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:tipshat:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

pmchem posted:

watch all of them

haveblue posted:

this is a good plan, your hazy memories of 1 are probably better than it actually is, 2 is just weird, 3 is from a completely different franchise about Japanese ricers

where 1 is point break, 2 is miami vice, it's good for entirely different reasons than the first
3 is some silly fun

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
did someone say wuxia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNf_CtxyYfc

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nPoc_BES5E

this movie is under rated

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i still need to see king of beggars

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mr. Crow posted:

i still need to see king of beggars
god of cookery will always be my favorite stephen chow

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Jackie Chan/Jet Li fight scene in that one lovely adaptation of Journey West with the white protagonist, despite both of them being clearly past their primes, is still good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I had a full time job, so I played "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" seven and a half years late. I didn't sleep after an early morning flight to Canada, so I usually fall asleep when I play games at these times, but I woke up from the beginning of the game. I have been playing this series for 20 years, but who died? Who left? Who was the enemy? Who became an ally? I didn't remember much, but that didn't matter anymore, I got a boost 🪂

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

kojima is a treasure, i say having never enjoyed a kojima game.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he's a very particular kind of nerd and i love him for it

he's also pretty gross sometimes, but it comes with the territory

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

New Asimov character just dropped

https://twitter.com/ActualNames1/status/1663302236003536897

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
series finales of both succession and barry were on sunday and they were both great. guess that means no good tv for a few years atleast unless jorf borzos has something in the can

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm just glad i can finally watch Succession. Is it any good?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah its good, barry is better

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I need to catch up on barry

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the last writers strike gave us president trump so im excited to see what this one gives us

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I thought sa closing the hentai forum is what made trump president

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

or was it the wow warlock balance patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I cant keep track of it all any more