Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Zero VGS posted:

I mean, it comes with a maxed Arcane Energize, that's about as handy as any mod customization I could do. All you really need is Status Double / Status Spread and the efficiency decrees and the 4 will nuke the map with infinite punch-through Slash.

But I want to export the pain to the Origin system. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Played this game for maybe a couple hours during early beta and it didn't really draw me in.. maybe just because of how unfinished it was (duh, beta), and decided after watching one of those 'Warframe in 2023' type video's to hop back in. After watching a newbie video on the tutorial mission I decided I'd go with volt, but when I got the game downloaded and logged in... hey look, guess I chose Excalibur all those years ago, and there is no way to reset it, so that's what I've been messing with.

Just finished the first quest where I offed Vox and then did a wave defense mission. Actually enjoying it but I'm kind of lost for what I should be doing, other than clearing all the missions on the planet to work on opening up the map.

How do I know what I should be targeting next for say.. new weapons? New Warframe? Or do I just roll with whatever I happen to stumble across or get as rewards? I've been slotting up mods as I get them.

I have no clue how to shoot my pistol, MB3 is supposed to do it, but nothing happens. I've checked the mapping. It's not a big deal since I mostly just shoot stuff with my rifle if it's a long ways away, or just hold down sprint and cut everything to bits with my sword which seems stupidly OP, but I'm sure that will change. If there are 3 or more bad guys relatively close together hit the 1 key and slice them all up in a row.

I assume that the numbers on missions (like Grineer 4-6) is level? How do I have the slightest clue how those levels relate to my own power given that the mastery level seems to be pretty slow (I'm still at 1)?

Should I join a goon clan (if they are still active)? I generally play games solo due to strange schedule and being a full-time caretaker for my mother. I have read that there are blueprints that are only available to clan members, but I'm not sure I'll ever get deep enough into this game for it to really matter.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The Locator posted:

Played this game for maybe a couple hours during early beta and it didn't really draw me in.. maybe just because of how unfinished it was (duh, beta), and decided after watching one of those 'Warframe in 2023' type video's to hop back in. After watching a newbie video on the tutorial mission I decided I'd go with volt, but when I got the game downloaded and logged in... hey look, guess I chose Excalibur all those years ago, and there is no way to reset it, so that's what I've been messing with.

Just finished the first quest where I offed Vox and then did a wave defense mission. Actually enjoying it but I'm kind of lost for what I should be doing, other than clearing all the missions on the planet to work on opening up the map.

How do I know what I should be targeting next for say.. new weapons? New Warframe? Or do I just roll with whatever I happen to stumble across or get as rewards? I've been slotting up mods as I get them.

I have no clue how to shoot my pistol, MB3 is supposed to do it, but nothing happens. I've checked the mapping. It's not a big deal since I mostly just shoot stuff with my rifle if it's a long ways away, or just hold down sprint and cut everything to bits with my sword which seems stupidly OP, but I'm sure that will change. If there are 3 or more bad guys relatively close together hit the 1 key and slice them all up in a row.

I assume that the numbers on missions (like Grineer 4-6) is level? How do I have the slightest clue how those levels relate to my own power given that the mastery level seems to be pretty slow (I'm still at 1)?

Should I join a goon clan (if they are still active)? I generally play games solo due to strange schedule and being a full-time caretaker for my mother. I have read that there are blueprints that are only available to clan members, but I'm not sure I'll ever get deep enough into this game for it to really matter.
Check the OP.

Enemy level is just an approximation of their strength. Your MR is your measure of how much content you have unlocked. The two have no direct relationship. Your warframe or weapon levels are independent of both as well. Warframe abilities unlock at certain levels and weapons can be reset for more power once they hit 30 but you won't be using that feature for a while. Leveling warframes and weapons is something that can be done quickly so its more of a formality than an accomplishment.

Primary and secondary weapons must be switched with whatever key its defaulted to.

Any important benchmark is usually tied to quests. Quests unlock with progress on the star chart. Your primary goal should be to unlock the junctions.

There's a new intro quest, the duviri paradox, in the codex once you complete Vor's quest. Its alternative intro that gives good upgrades for a new player. Kinda like BotW.

Warframe is an action game that is mostly exploration. You unlock gear and play around with it while grinding for more upgrades. The meta is highly subjective. You aren't forced into using anything. Take the time to play around with different frames, mods, and weapons. Don't settle for a 1 set.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

The Locator posted:

How do I know what I should be targeting next for say.. new weapons? New Warframe? Or do I just roll with whatever I happen to stumble across or get as rewards?

When you're starting out, the best things to be doing are clearing missions that haven't been cleared before, unlocking new planets, ranking up new gear, and acquiring new gear to rank up. All of that starts simple and gets harder over time except for ranking up your new gear after acquiring it, which if anything gets easier.

In the early game you don't really want to be picky about weapons. Equipped mods are the main measure of whether your stuff is actually good or not anyway. (There are warframes and weapons that are overall better or worse in various ways, but mods overshadow that, and most of the stuff you have access to in the early game is pretty much an even sidegrade or so.) Every weapon you rank up is mastery progression, and in that, they are all valuable.

You do probably want to rank up the Mk1 weapons early. Not because they're good, and actually specifically because they're crap, just straight up copies of other weapons with worse stats. But they count separately for mastery, and you can buy them prebuilt for credits alone, which is convenient in the early game. Use them while you're still facing enemies that don't drive you crazy trying to use Mk1s against, then trash them.

The first main source of new weapons is the in-game Market. There's a big Weapons category and almost every weapon in the game is listed in there because they love to offer lazy people the chance to spend platinum to instantly buy things. Don't do this, don't click the platinum Purchase button. But every weapon will, however, also have either a Buy Blueprint button, where you spend in-game credits to buy a blueprint and can then build it in your Foundry out of crafting materials from missions, or if you can't buy it from the Market, it will at least have a Blueprint Requirements button that tells you where you do acquire the blueprint.

The second main source of new weapons is the clan dojo. Join a clan, whether it's the SA clan or another one. You don't actually have to do anything with the clan in-game, but Warframe strongly wants to push players to at least be a member of one, because like a quarter of the stuff in the game is primarily or exclusively doled out by clan labs. If you're a member of a clan, you can visit that clan's various labs and buy a big bunch of blueprints there that aren't available in the Market.

Changing warframes is less of a regular grind; you can settle on a frame or two you feel comfortable using and focus on those. They take longer to farm and build (a minimum 3 days real time to build one in the Foundry). The first main source of warframes is Assassinations: almost every Assassination mission on a planet (Mercury's boss is an exception) always drops a randomly chosen blueprint for one of the parts used to build a specific warframe. The usual example given is Fossa, Venus: every time you kill the Jackal on Fossa, you will receive a blueprint for either the Rhino Chassis, the Rhino Neuroptics, or the Rhino Systems. Then you go to the Market to buy the blueprint to put the three parts together and you have Rhino. The second main source is the clan dojo. There's a set of warframes that exclusively are just built from blueprints sold there. The third main source is quests: some specific quests exist to dole out the parts to build a particular warframe. The Limbo Theorem quest is how you get Limbo.

Quests are why it's okay to just focus on clearing new missions and unlocking planets. Several of the junctions between planets either make you do a particular quest or unlock a quest when cleared, and several of these quests are how the game introduces new gameplay mechanics or types of content. Just moving through the star chart will tutorialize some more stuff and eventually put you into the actual storyline quests of Warframe.

Enemy level might as well just be a star rating out of five or something, it's just not working on the same scale as anything else in the game and is only useful for comparing to other enemy levels. Like if you see enemy level 5 and then enemy level 50, you know that whoa, the enemies in the latter mission are way tougher than the ones in the former. But that's about all.

When it says Mouse 3 is "secondary fire" it means it's alternate fire; it's for guns with extra fire modes, or if you have your melee weapon out, it's for making a heavy attack that spends your combo count and cashes it in for a damage bonus. (Some guns can switch between burst-fire and automatic, or they have a second big burst attack they can shoot. Alternate fire is used for that.) Press F to switch between your primary gun and your secondary gun, and then fire the secondary gun by clicking the same way you do the primary.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I was on break when Citrine appeared, so only farmed it now, and uh, it's not the worst farm ever (pre-circuit Harrow holds that distinction as far as I'm concerned), but it really overstays its welcome. Mirror Defense in itself isn't too bad, but by virtue of being a single map and requiring 4 rotations for a 6% chance of a part, it quickly feels like a chore, as opposed to additions like Grineerjack stations, Disruption or the Zariman modes which all feel more involved (well, apart from Armageddon). I got lucky getting two parts to drop, with enough pity currency to buy the other two, but I can't say it was a terribly interesting time past the initial discovery of the mode.

I wonder if the whole problem isn't that Defense in itself is a bad/dated design that they should just completely move away from. I don't feel like any variation really helped make it more interesting, whether it's changing defense objective each wave, making the objective a brain-dead NPC or adding buildable turrets. Timed waves miiiight be an improvement over random NPC getting stuck in geometry, but then it also removes Speedva from the equation.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I've always really liked defense missions because they're a change of pace from the constant go fast of most other mission types, and it can be fun to just kick back and do a "horde" style mission where you can dynasty warriors it up against waves of enemies. But I do agree that with it being as relatively easy as it is to nuke the map with various means, they get increasingly boring if you're actually trying to get anything out of them with low drop rate.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
The only thing I'll give mirror defense is that not having to hunt down stragglers is a plus. All other defense missions should be on a timer like that.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah love bringing in my man Vauban to ragdoll the map for the mirror defense.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I will also give it credit for varying the arena, but Lua def did it infinitely better, speaking of, it's a shame we virtually never play it and also that the arena changes don't loop.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The problem with the lua conjunction survival is that its survival, and the map is way too huge. every pubbie wants their own room, but then the thrax spawn and drop poo poo in every corner of the map so nobody gets more than a couple extra lua thrax plasm. At that point you might as well just go solo.

Defense is always better than survival, because you can set up a base and enemies come to you. There's a few warframes that are good at defending a static location. Citrine, Wisp, Revenant, Trinity, Nekros, Protea, and like a dozen other all reward staying in place. There's only a couple warframes that reward running off on your own, like Nidus because his design is just kinda hosed.

I was talking about this in clan chat a while ago, but for Circuit, they should replace the defense mode with Interception. You're still defending, but its a few locations instead of 1, the number of enemies or their level doesn't matter because the defense objective doesn't have health so it scales better, and the maps are small enough that they could do 3 nodes, and 2 of them would probably be close enough together that 1 person could watch 2 of them. It basically does everything they want defense to do, but scales better. It also means that crowd control is useful, so that even if you don't have enough damage, you can lock down points with abilities and stall. It also makes single target weapons more viable because shooting the guy hacking the computer is the most important thing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah I'm hoping they patch the circuit to add more modes, or at least make it so there's some tension on the void flood one like there is on the Zariman. I had thought the circuit void flood was released incomplete cause it's pretty weird having Teshin go on about how the Angels are going to break through the wall and you can just sit in a corner and nothing ever happens.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

idk I enjoy survival a lot more than either defense or interception. just getting the chance to continuously mow down enemies. (and some people choose a room to camp in, so it can be like defense but with enemies spawning all the time rather than having to chase the last couple stragglers down)

also not a fan of interception... it's fine if you can take care of your own personal node, but then you have to trust that your squadmates have at least a couple lightbulbs in the attic and can defend their node. or if you go solo you are a lot more limited in frame choice than survival, which everyone can participate in because it's literally just "kill stuff: the mode"

I wouldn't mind more variety of game modes in the circuit, though I wish they'd fix host migration as well as checkpoint the rewards.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I Am Just a Box posted:

When you're starting out... :words:

Thank you, this helps a lot!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Clocks posted:

idk I enjoy survival a lot more than either defense or interception. just getting the chance to continuously mow down enemies. (and some people choose a room to camp in, so it can be like defense but with enemies spawning all the time rather than having to chase the last couple stragglers down)

also not a fan of interception... it's fine if you can take care of your own personal node, but then you have to trust that your squadmates have at least a couple lightbulbs in the attic and can defend their node. or if you go solo you are a lot more limited in frame choice than survival, which everyone can participate in because it's literally just "kill stuff: the mode"

I wouldn't mind more variety of game modes in the circuit, though I wish they'd fix host migration as well as checkpoint the rewards.

The thing about Interception is that 99% of enemies will rush the first node you capture. Once you know that, it's fairly easy to grab a node, grab a 2nd node before enemies spawn, defend your first node real quick, grab a third, defend your first one again, then grab the 4th. If you have any kind of defensive ability that can keep enemies off the node for a moment it's even easier. From there you can kill the 1-2 guys that attack a different node. Or you can leave a specter or railjack crewmate or something. There's no need to have a person sitting on every node, you can have 3 people guard the node the enemy is rushing and have the most mobile person run around to watch the others. You can definitely carry Interception even with braindead teammates, since the worst they can do is follow you around wherever you go.

On Steel Path Circuit, even if your teammates are dying a bunch, should still be possible to scrape out a win and get away from that team.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Interception and survival are hampered by not having global affinity and global pickup range, in one you are playing the objective or you are rewarded for not playing the objective, in the other you are rewarded for sitting still in a giant map, also and furthermore, there's a soft afk-buster that reduces enemy spawns if you spend too much time in the same tile, to prevent closet farming. Conjunction surv significantly improved on surv by giving you things to do in the middle of the surv, but it'd be nice if it gave you things to do all the time instead of once every five minutes. On the other hand if it made you move all the time it would be very annoying for Wisp players.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Anything outstanding this week? Don't think I've ever used the Stalker weapons.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
it's still insane to me that there's no infinite affinity range and squad wide pickups in tyool 2023. Made even worse that they took away out vacuum in the circuit

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Timed missions where you wait for 5-10 minutes for a reward are terrible. There's better ways to make a defense mission if they want to do that sort of thing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Coming back to Warframe after kind of ditching it for a year I have a couple of requests.

Does anyone care enough to make a post about how to mod weapons for lategame stuff these days? The changes to things like Berserker have left all my melee that isn't like, Heavy Attack Stropha feeling slow and anemic.

Any suggestions for fun amp builds? I've an ancient like, 427 that does good work (full auto primary, flak secondary, crit brace) and generally not touched them for mastery at all. With two arcane slots and newer much better amp arcanes I'm curious hot to make spoilermode more fun to mess around in.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

genericnick posted:

Hate throws out projectiles in it's incarnon. Dread basically becomes a Fluctus (while still being a slashcrit monster?) and Despair carpet bombs stuff. And tehy have bonuses for equip the three as a set.

Zylok is a bit weak and buggy. Sibear is just bigger numbers I think?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

SIGSEGV posted:

Interception and survival are hampered by not having global affinity and global pickup range, in one you are playing the objective or you are rewarded for not playing the objective, in the other you are rewarded for sitting still in a giant map, also and furthermore, there's a soft afk-buster that reduces enemy spawns if you spend too much time in the same tile, to prevent closet farming. Conjunction surv significantly improved on surv by giving you things to do in the middle of the surv, but it'd be nice if it gave you things to do all the time instead of once every five minutes. On the other hand if it made you move all the time it would be very annoying for Wisp players.

You can always use these to deal with the affinity range problem at least, I just have a giant stock and use them when people are getting too far:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fosfor

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tylana posted:

Coming back to Warframe after kind of ditching it for a year I have a couple of requests.

Does anyone care enough to make a post about how to mod weapons for lategame stuff these days? The changes to things like Berserker have left all my melee that isn't like, Heavy Attack Stropha feeling slow and anemic.

Any suggestions for fun amp builds? I've an ancient like, 427 that does good work (full auto primary, flak secondary, crit brace) and generally not touched them for mastery at all. With two arcane slots and newer much better amp arcanes I'm curious hot to make spoilermode more fun to mess around in.

Amps aren't that much better. The new amp arcanes are just like more energy and stuff. If you like 427, then you probably won't make one better based on any changes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Mercury_Storm posted:

You can always use these to deal with the affinity range problem at least, I just have a giant stock and use them when people are getting too far:

Which sadly can't be used in basically any mode where affinity range really matters.

temple posted:

Timed missions where you wait for 5-10 minutes for a reward are terrible. There's better ways to make a defense mission if they want to do that sort of thing.

I'd take 5 min missions over the 8-10 min of 5 waves of defense because lovely ai.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Mercury_Storm posted:

Vazarin changes your affinity range from 50 meters into 75 (which boosts Mesmer Shield range, and Trinity skills) and also happens to be the school that makes you and your pet indefinitely invincible, oh and gives you a pile of instant ally revives for all the schmucks who didn't pick Vazarin.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

temple posted:

Amps aren't that much better. The new amp arcanes are just like more energy and stuff. If you like 427, then you probably won't make one better based on any changes.

It'll probably stay as my workhorse, but yeah that was a Fun question not a Effective question. Like, I don't know if the cluster grenades or the flamethrower or whatever feel good to use, but if they do I've got more than enough resources and it gives me something different to farm.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

genericnick posted:

I tested the Dread Incarnon yesterday and it's solid. The projectile transforms into a horizontal scythe that basically blows up on contact. It's reasonably wide, so you can catch quite a few bunched up enemies with it. One thing to note, though; the incarnon fire is not silent.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Quill posted:

The projectile transforms into a horizontal scythe that basically blows up on contact.

ok that is pretty cool

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Quill posted:

I tested the Dread Incarnon yesterday and it's solid. The projectile transforms into a horizontal scythe that basically blows up on contact. It's reasonably wide, so you can catch quite a few bunched up enemies with it. One thing to note, though; the incarnon fire is not silent.

I think the explosion is only cosmetic, it's just a projectile with a large hitbox. Another goon did say Split Flights will turn the incarnon mode into more of a huge shotgun.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

I think the explosion is only cosmetic, it's just a projectile with a large hitbox. Another goon did say Split Flights will turn the incarnon mode into more of a huge shotgun.

Yeah, sounds about right.

I picked the extra damage on half dead enemies ability, along with added arrow speed and +1 critical damage. Overall, the old bow got a nice boost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had an exquisite SP circuit run until the host disconnected mid-mission and we all got screwed over.

I think I'm going to stop doing Duviri until they sort this poo poo out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've cooled on wanting to do the grind and will probably only go to tier 5 each week since that's reasonable even if you only go 2 or 3 rounds at a time. I've also gotten most of the interesting ones, and while dread is my second pick for this week, I already have 2 other nataruks at home.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tylana posted:

primed fury replacing berserker fury is just a forma tax, but it'll get your fast builds going. Otherwise there's a lot of forced slash proc heavy attack builds out there and also glaives, which are ridiculous.

Speaking of glaives, that brings me to the amp question:

x47 with the two eternal arcanes and madurai is straight up steel path viable. Do you like the idea of an autotargeting, homing glaive that explodes and also bounces between targets? start clicking mmb today!

i use 747 because the 7 primary solves any problem the x4x part does not except ropalolyst, which I solve by not doing that fight anymore.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
First time I run Lone Story in multiplayer and didn't realise I was set to SP. It's only at the final Orowyrm fight that it clicked. Until then I just thought that things really scaled steeply with more players...

It was cool to see the difference, but I don't think I'll bother again with SP for this, it's a lot of aggravation Drifter side for 5 clamps/essence.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

First time I run Lone Story in multiplayer and didn't realise I was set to SP. It's only at the final Orowyrm fight that it clicked. Until then I just thought that things really scaled steeply with more players...

It was cool to see the difference, but I don't think I'll bother again with SP for this, it's a lot of aggravation Drifter side for 5 clamps/essence.

SP duviri definitely expects you to have high intrinsics and good weapon/frame choices, but if you have those it's kind of a why not thing. It doesn't take appreciably longer, and while I'd prefer it be 20 clamps instead of 15, it is at least still extra clamps. You also really need to get the toxin or heat decrees right off the bat (or melee double hit), whether it be the ones on melee hit or toxin on slide/passive heat aoe. Alternately you can go the gun build, but I want to swing sword, personally. The drifter melee weapons at the start are super weak and you need that extra damage source to get started. A strong frame won't really need any decree help for the undercroft sections, and the orowyrm gives you an archgun which isn't the fastest but is sufficient for busting the ring.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

chumbler posted:

I've cooled on wanting to do the grind and will probably only go to tier 5 each week since that's reasonable even if you only go 2 or 3 rounds at a time. I've also gotten most of the interesting ones, and while dread is my second pick for this week, I already have 2 other nataruks at home.

Yeah that's my read on dread. I didn't build it but thought about it.

Despair incarnation is pretty cool.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

Despair incarnation is pretty cool.

What in carnation?!

I'm glad people like Despair but it sucks it's completely rare RNG based and no way to plat myself into one.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

What in carnation?!

I'm glad people like Despair but it sucks it's completely rare RNG based and no way to plat myself into one.

Dozens of copies of all the loving blueprints save Despair. WTT Founder's Bandana for Stalker Knives.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I'm closing in on 2,000 hours and still do not have despair.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Zero VGS posted:

What in carnation?!

You can check f you can buy the What Stalker? bundle but it's a lot of plat and I think it's blocked if you already own Smoke colour palette because DE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

SP duviri definitely expects you to have high intrinsics and good weapon/frame choices, but if you have those it's kind of a why not thing. It doesn't take appreciably longer, and while I'd prefer it be 20 clamps instead of 15, it is at least still extra clamps. You also really need to get the toxin or heat decrees right off the bat (or melee double hit), whether it be the ones on melee hit or toxin on slide/passive heat aoe. Alternately you can go the gun build, but I want to swing sword, personally. The drifter melee weapons at the start are super weak and you need that extra damage source to get started. A strong frame won't really need any decree help for the undercroft sections, and the orowyrm gives you an archgun which isn't the fastest but is sufficient for busting the ring.

Yeah, I just maxed out Opportunity and have started pumping combat, but I'm like at 2/3 max. Haven't picked up the extra Drifter health either, and all that stuff would probably have made a difference. I had the melee toxin almost instantly as I always pick all the extra Drifter damage I can, so there was that at least, and between that and my team mates, it worked out. I just thought the mobs were a lot tankier for some reason...

The Orowyrm rings were super tanky though. I got gifted what I assume is the 5 forma corrosive Imperator Vandal I carry in my heavy weapon slot, and yet the health bars were reaaaaally slow going down.

Also, during that Orowyrm SP fight, after the first bar was down, there was like, ice all around, but applying constant heat condition/damage to me. Is there anything you can do there apart from nuking all the wyrmlings before you die? That phase cost me a couple revives.