Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

thabeast721 is also in that relay and from watching some mario kaizo stuff lately, shoujo and thabeast are maybe the two best players in the relay. if they are on the same team, the other team is doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I love how that level makes a big loop and you come back around to an orb that was above you when you started. Adorable troll design.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The degree to which they have to tiptoe around the word "hack" is so ridiculous.

Edit: I have no idea how some of these jumps work, what the actual gently caress

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Not only is the romhack cool and shoujo is great, but the couch chemistry owns too. Top run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

playing this with the giggles should not be possible

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
this might be the funniest run of the marathon

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Sure Shot's definitely looking to be one of the top runs this week. Great romhack, and a killer couch with powerful shitpost energy.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Shoujo just makes the whole thing feel casual and the couch has a ton of wine mom energy.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Kestral posted:

The degree to which they have to tiptoe around the word "hack" is so ridiculous.

But why? Is this some wild litigious Nintendo thing?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well that loving owned, now I'm excited for 2 hours of rhythm game nonsense.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

WarpedLichen posted:

Shoujo just makes the whole thing feel casual and the couch has a ton of wine mom energy.

Ok. I was looking for the phrase and this describes it perfectly. Thank you.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Let's go! Shoujo! 10/10 run, incredible skill, insane & hilarious couch chemistry. A much watch, no doubt about that.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

WarpedLichen posted:

I followed Shoujo after she crushed it at AGDQ and I'm glad she got to bring her powerful shitpost energy to her own run.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

JethroMcB posted:

...I would watch this hypothetical marathon. And here's my fix for the emphasized part - charity is runner's choice and their choices are not revealed until the end of the marathon. So you wind up with CHUDs donating thousands of dollars to BLM and Trans Lifeline etc.

That'd be cool as hell. Make the whole gimmick to speedrun the marathon and end it as soon as possible.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

WarpedLichen posted:

More like weed aunt energy

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Been watching off and on all week the Sure Shot run was fantastic. But where is Sent? Where is his cozy mom's basement setup???

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

This behind the scenes look is neat but I am very uncomfortable seeing Mr. Game and Shout not shouting.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I'm about to be in rhythm heaven!!!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Jiro posted:

Been watching off and on all week the Sure Shot run was fantastic. But where is Sent? Where is his cozy mom's basement setup???

they killed him off

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Flesnolk posted:

they killed him off

:smith: I didn't know liking pineapple on pizza was such a severe penalty. Seriously that sucks, did he do like terrible poo poo?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

woke kaczynski posted:

I'm about to be in rhythm heaven!!!

I hope I'm in rhythm heaven soon :ohdear:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Dude is just kidding. He was on earlier.

He sounded a little under the weather but he could've just been tired, so he's probably just on break.

No grandma set tho.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Look it takes a lot of energy to clone yourself into being three people

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

we're at almost 40 minutes of setup holy moly

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Spin Rhythm XD more like When Rhythm XD haha ah ha…ha

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's extremely impressive this is the first majorly visible tech issue tbf

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

They're just edging everybody because they know we love rhythm blocks.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I think you mean... Games Done Eventually!!! :smuggo:

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

spin rhythm seriously owns. the best rhythm game you can play on steam without buying a special controller.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm in the motherfucking rhythm dimension!!!!!

e: ^^it's true, and if you have a steam deck there's a layout that's absolutely perfect with the dual trackpads :eng101:

woke kaczynski fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 3, 2023

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
...What even IS dis game

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thats beans.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

...was he reading donations to the music?

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
oh my god, this game owns.

when I was a little kid, I would daydream about what a music game in the future woud look like. this is almost exactly what I imagined, except I also imagined there'd be more people in wrapround shades and metallic jumpsuits.

SirDippingSauce fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 3, 2023

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
grabbing my bass, jamming along

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oxyclean posted:

...was he reading donations to the music?

Ms. Estefan was not lying; the rhythm IS going to get you, sometime.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The only complaint this SGDQ is not nearly enough 16bit vidja games.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

SirDippingSauce posted:

oh my god, this game owns.

when I was a little kid, I would daydream about what a music game in the future woud look like. this is almost exactly what I imagined, except I also imagined there'd be more people in wrapround shades and metallic jumpsuits.

It's so good that big budget shoulda-known-better mobile game Dislyte tried to plagarize it while Spin Rhythm was just in early access, and it's so good that people actually busted their balls over that until they said sorry.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

This whole lane swapping thing hurts my brain, it's really cool but loving christ that's a lot of info to process in such a short window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

yeah being able to swap by sliding left or right or just rolling completely over is very fun, and it does a pretty good job of emulating crossovers in ddr/itg or the 30 different turn patterns in pump