Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

this feels really bad to say but yeah, shaggar is right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

painful snipe

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

like, i don't want mozilla vpn. i'm not gonna give money for mozilla vpn. get the hell outta here with your vpn bullshit that i don't want

but i am ok to pay for software. that's fine. make it explicit ya dinguses!

vpn is software

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

fart simpson posted:

vpn is software

prove it

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

fart simpson posted:

vpn is software

hosed up if true

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Broken Machine posted:

so let's get rid of money as it exists currently

my freind have u heard teh good news about bitcoin?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

salesforce is software :evilbuddy:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

living up to that username

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

fart simpson posted:

vpn is software

actually it's asas (a service as software)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

close, it's actually rear end!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i set up vpn on vps

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

in a vpc

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

this feels really bad to say but yeah, shaggar is right

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

yeah the microsoft authenticator that backs up an encrypted to the correct cloud is what i roll with

makes moving to a new phone from your icloud backup real smooth

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shame Boy posted:

even the people at work that support/develop our Salesforce platform think it's garbage lol. the dev/deploy process is total bullshit

I think one reason I got hired for this new job is that when I met the director I'll be working for he said "we currently use Salesforce docforce for [process]" and I pulled a face on the VC and said "Salesforce is really bad for this stuff definitely don't do that" and I think he appreciated the honesty

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
sfdc, true to the name, has the best salespeeps in the business. the software? ehhh...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

there’s a reason they’re not called softwareforce

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
has anyone applied to a startup incubator? I'd rather fail due to my own unrealistic expectations vs another Product rear end in a top hat's unrealistic expectations

I tried YCombinator this Spring but they've gotten pathetically conservative and bureaucratic with company ideas

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 8, 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Please, I just want a webpage to scroll down when I scroll my mouse

https://bambulab.com/en/x1

I blame Apple for this trend, though to be fair they at least do this bullshit well

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Analytic Engine posted:

has anyone applied to a startup incubator? I'd rather fail due to my own unrealistic expectations vs another Product rear end in a top hat's unrealistic expectations

I tried YCombinator this Spring but they've gotten pathetically conservative and bureaucratic with company ideas

I know someone that did and went through like three fintech startups that all failed before moving to some data company, travelling to the US then coming back and pressing the "detonate life" button by splitting up with his partner, selling his house and trying to move to the US because he fell for a younger colleague

so I guess it is a land of contrasts

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I blame Apple for this trend, though to be fair they at least do this bullshit well

i hate when they capture scroll but tbh i think that bambu site does it better than a lot of apple's unnecessary animation scroll bullshit.

i really want to buy one of the x1 carbons but i can't really justify it lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

virtual private cock

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

is it doing some parallax bullshit? I'm on an iPhone and it just scrolled normally

(whoa Black Betty BambuLab)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chris Knight posted:

is it doing some parallax bullshit? I'm on an iPhone and it just scrolled normally

lol

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Cheston posted:

Google Authenticator just tried to get me to opt in to cloud storage. that's the stupidest possible thing you could do with your two-factor auth, yes?

use freeotp instead, its made by redhat (ibm)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/freeotp-authenticator/id872559395

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Chris Knight posted:

on an ipad it does that dumb thing where it scrolls bullshit js pages instead of normally just moving down the page

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I know someone that did and went through like three fintech startups that all failed before moving to some data company, travelling to the US then coming back and pressing the "detonate life" button by splitting up with his partner, selling his house and trying to move to the US because he fell for a younger colleague

so I guess it is a land of contrasts

sounds like a fun way to spend a few years

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i use "OTP Auth" and i like it

https://apps.apple.com/app/id659877384

e: lol just saw the "recommended by steve gibson" review. maybe its bad

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

whoah it's ai powered!!!

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i got a youtube ad for an "ai powered lawyer" which looks over your car insurance claim and guesses what it's worth based on some basic questions.

then you can escalate it to have an expert look at it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Eeyo posted:

i got a youtube ad for an "ai powered lawyer" which looks over your car insurance claim and guesses what it's worth based on some basic questions.

then you can escalate it to have an expert look at it.

I think the real grift here is going to be charging people to not have to talk to the robot as "premium support"

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

qirex posted:

I think the real grift here is going to be charging people to not have to talk to the robot as "premium support"

this seems to be the general model for a lot of poo poo

like here's the base class of service (degraded, more time consuming) but for a little more you can get <what the service was like before people realized they could charge more>

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Share Bear posted:

this seems to be the general model for a lot of poo poo

like here's the base class of service (degraded, more time consuming) but for a little more you can get <what the service was like before people realized they could charge more>

this is why i hate tsa pre-check so much

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I look forward to all the dog-brained thinkpieces about how zoomers actually prefer ai support over real people just like the ones about millennials and renting everything (because owning is now economically more difficult than for previous generations)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Eeyo posted:

whoah it's ai powered!!!

my prusia simply does not gently caress up the first layer and so doesn't require weird-rear end lidar AI but okay

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Eeyo posted:

whoah it's ai powered!!!

i feel like "taking a measurement and displaying a warning based on that measurement" does not generally require AI. Are if/elseif statements AI now?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

this is known but why are google's generalized results so much worse now?

what did they replace pagerank (or whatever preceded this decline) with? or is it that its so easy to game that you cant get reliable sources for things without the site: tag

has there been any journalism about this

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Share Bear posted:

this is known but why are google's generalized results so much worse now?

what did they replace pagerank (or whatever preceded this decline) with? or is it that its so easy to game that you cant get reliable sources for things without the site: tag

the second one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Share Bear posted:

has there been any journalism about this

exactly how pagerank works is still officially a trade secret so you can't just break it open and post an explainer

but SEO people seem to have independently fully comprehended it which is why the results are now garbage