Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Brought To You By posted:

Just to put that in context, Saw is exceptional in his bone defense because he did that kind of training from age 6. He's also the only fighter who can claim bone rigidity as his defensive gimmick.

Here we're being told that Mukaku is using indestructible to mitigate the damage from being punched in the mouth so unless the argument is he tanked that with his lips this is another time where the Niko style swerves into stupid kung fu magic territory. Which is something I have and will continue to bemoan because I want to like the Niko style but stuff like this keeps happening with regularity.

Sir they were hitting the 6 year old full blast in the face with a hammer, this seems equally unlikely not to result in serious injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
mukaku has extremely strong kissing muscles that allow him to parry punches effortlessly. the one technique ohma's niko refused to teach him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Caidin posted:

Remember when Sasuke vanished in the ring because he was faster then the human eye

Didn't the sumo wrestler do that too?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Spuckuk posted:

Sir they were hitting the 6 year old full blast in the face with a hammer, this seems equally unlikely not to result in serious injury

His bones broke, and healed stronger because of anime :science:. The point is that the results of those many years of concussions was a credibly bullshit way to tank blows to the head. Indestructible is not a credibly bullshit way to do that because of the specific mechanics of how indestructible works. It would have just been better if there was no tagline for either niko techniques in that exchange because I wouldn't have any issues with Koga just not having it in him to actually rattle Mukaku beyond a nose bleed. They exist on different levels of martial arts and skill already.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Ohma is Ryuki v1. Just like Goah went raiding, Nikeo did the same many years ago, found the cloning facilities and decided to adopt baby Ohma. I think the clones are fully grown before brain washing happens.

Another theory is that the worm decided to release Ohma as the control to the brain washing experiment.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Ohma is Ryuki v1. Just like Goah went raiding, Nikeo did the same many years ago, found the cloning facilities and decided to adopt baby Ohma. I think the clones are fully grown before brain washing happens.

Another theory is that the worm decided to release Ohma as the control to the brain washing experiment.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this some meta thing about the posts cloning themselves the same way that Worm is cloning "The Connector" Shen Wulongs?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this thread is infested with worms. i'll get the spray.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
And then the whole thread turned into a really bizarre game of amongus.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ohma was living wild on the streets when Niko found him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 214.

Going to be real mad if we don't get to see this full fight.

Feels like Gaoh is laying it on a bit thick.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gaoh is 100 years old. He probably fought in world war 2.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
At least he didn't pull another knife, that's an instant loss flag.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
could make a solid drinking game out of how many times they introduce“The Connector” Shen Wulong

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Hypocrisy posted:

Chapter 214.

Going to be real mad if we don't get to see this full fight.

Feels like Gaoh is laying it on a bit thick.

Even if its like a two page just beat down of Gaoh, I want to see this done out properly.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
we'd better see "The Connector" Shen Wulong tear Gaoh to loving shreds, it'd be a nice palate cleanser for this mess of an arc

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna see them go full hog with it and introduce him as ""The Connector" The "The Connector" Connector" "The Connector" Shen "The Connector" Wu "The Connector" long".

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

fizzy posted:

Is this some meta thing about the posts cloning themselves the same way that Worm is cloning "The Connector" Shen Wulongs?

It took me a while to figure out wtf ZepiaEltnamOberon was doing, but yeah that's loving hilarious. Well done

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Shen wulong said during the most recent tournament he's rusty having not fought in so long but apparently is so powerful that despite not being visibly annoyed people around him poo poo themselves. The new Eddie wu is a clone who was also genetically engineered to be better so you'd think ryuki would be too since he's clearly the more desired spare rather than ohma. Mostly though I'd rather see tiger Niko fight

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
At this point I feel like this is a metal gear storyline. The current Shen is a brainwashed dude who is most likely not a clone of the original just a hypnosis induced memory backup in a highly capable host. But he's obsessed over acquiring what we can assume is the genetically perfect clone of the original wulong all so they can brainwash him to fully "reincarnate" Shen Wulong in the modern era. Meanwhile some genetic variant of Shen Wulong runs around in the form of Ohma who has taught a younger and unrelated fighter some of his techniques and skills.

It's not 1:1 and you have to squint a bit to see this comparison, but what I'm saying is; "shen Wulong" is Liquid Ocelot but less cool, Ryuki is Solidus snake but not free of the Patriots, Ohma is probably just Solid Snake because he's the cooler of the siblings, and Koga is Raiden with less gaslighting. And there are no giant robots which is very disappointing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there were giant robots, but julius destroyed them

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
There's the edged weapons.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 215 link.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

LaSquida posted:

There's the edged weapons.

At least he didn't pull another knife, that's an instant loss flag.
:bang:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is a good fight, loving finally we get some payoff

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's a shame Gaoh will job here because I really like him

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

To be fair it loving makes sense for Gaoh since he plagiarized a style about ambush with weapons!!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sorta wondering if Goah is gonna cut loose the whole way and just try some grenades or he rigged the joint with C4 something. He doesn't seem to have a lot of quibbles about this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

To be fair it loving makes sense for Gaoh since he plagiarized a style about ambush with weapons!!!
He can pull all the knives he wants. At this point he's racked up a dozen other death flags in just a couple chapters even without it.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

He can pull all the knives he wants. At this point he's racked up a dozen other death flags in just a couple chapters even without it.

At least he is not retiring from the beat in 3 days.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
to Koga’s credit, Mukaku is now wearing facial bandages this chapter.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Grampa Goah is amazing, I'm really hoping he doesn't die on us.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Shen, stop it! Your sending up Ed Wu flags!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter link

Caidin posted:

Shen, stop it! Your sending up Ed Wu flags!

No you see He's not too strong to win if he nerfs himself intentionally. I'll admit when not using a blade Gaoh is impressive but this is hilariously one-sided. I do think Shen has superman syndrome on top of other peak physical conditions because he launched a man who would easily be 260+lbs of muscle like it was nothing.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I wish I too could shutdown some of my brain circuits to enjoy what this manga has become

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would actually be interesting if the prostate king eked out a miraculous win here. it'd send the story forward instead of the endless circles all this worm crap has always been. so, it's obviously not going to happen.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
as dumb as this all is I guess from this we can see why Tiger Niko is so obsessed with techniques that overclock your body. He's been working with a guy that can switch his performance on a whim and wants to figure it out for himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Connector's fun as a character but I feel like he exemplifies a lot of what I don't like about Omega - the constantly scaling power ceiling.

I miss the days of Asura when Agito was the power ceiling, and was still reachable despite being at the top. Agito was more proficient than Okubo in every field, but Okubo managed to get in some hits by being better at switching between fighting styles. Gaolong proved that you could actually exceed Agito in specific fields and while Agito won, he did so by taking a page from Okubo's book, and he never really beat Gaolong in strikes. Hasumi was a showcase in how strong Agito could be, and proved that Agito could evolve even further. Kuroki then proved that Agito could be defeated, and their battle was just a really hype duel between two monstrous titans. Kuroki wins, but he's heavily busted up and it's clear that it could have gone the other way.

Compared to this poo poo where Ohma's wary of Gaoh's strength and yet Gaoh can't do jack poo poo to a Connector who's willingly nerfing himself. Or Edward Wu who singlehandedly dominates 1 Wu and 4 Kures before dying "cause he was too strong" and also it was part of his plan or something so he could be reborn as a clone.