Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't get geoguessed

i think they're in england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Deviant posted:

i think they're in england

*United Kingdom :britain:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

That poor bastard.

cadex
Jun 6, 2003

Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't get geoguessed

living near some medieval structure isn't all that rare in England.
but yes if someone cared that much I'm sure they could work it out.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

cadex posted:

living near some medieval structure isn't all that rare in England.
but yes if someone cared that much I'm sure they could work it out.

One of the funniest flexes I’ve read on the forums! you have a prepared joke video about Brits all living in castles and you live extremely close to breathtaking castles :-)

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't get geoguessed

it's not as terrible a fate as in the US. I mean you can call the cops on them and the cops will go "sounds like a civil matter between yourself and the gentleman, have a good day sir" then hang up

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
when you get SWATted in the UK a constable literally comes to your house and politely offers to kill all of the flies in your kitchen for you

cadex
Jun 6, 2003

Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.

Ok Comboomer posted:

when you get SWATted in the UK a constable literally comes to your house and politely offers to kill all of the flies in your kitchen for you

You joke but I remember when someone was trying to break into my car a few years ago and a neighbour must have called the cops, unbeknown to us.

Long story short, they come round and we inspect the car. It's fine. They come in to ask a few questions and as soon as they step in the house one of them inhales deeply. It's clear we have been smoking weed in our house. Anyway, they don't mention it at all and just ask about the car. Just as they leave, the female police officer apologies for disturbing our evening.

God bless British cops.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

cadex posted:

You joke but I remember when someone was trying to break into my car a few years ago and a neighbour must have called the cops, unbeknown to us.

Long story short, they come round and we inspect the car. It's fine. They come in to ask a few questions and as soon as they step in the house one of them inhales deeply. It's clear we have been smoking weed in our house. Anyway, they don't mention it at all and just ask about the car. Just as they leave, the female police officer apologies for disturbing our evening.

God bless British cops.

when you get SWATted in the UK a constable literally comes to your house and politely offers to watch seminal 90s animated show, SWAT KATS, with you

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Charles Leclerc posted:

*United Kingdom :britain:

it'll all be Ireland soon enough

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought another screen...

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Show us your Elvira collection in the corner

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Show us your Elvira collection in the corner

No, that is where I forced my husband to put anything that did not represent our aesthetic.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lol justice for 3O’s husband

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Three Olives posted:

The Circle was a terrible book and an even worse movie, but every time you add a screen I’m reminded of them.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Three Olives posted:

No, that is where I forced my husband to put anything that did not represent our aesthetic.

brown

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Three Olives posted:

half of that aesthetic is an ersatz Ghost in the Shell and the other half of that aesthetic is a Marriott in 2007

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

half of that aesthetic is an ersatz Ghost in the Shell and the other half of that aesthetic is a Marriott in 2007

But with 5 cut flower arrangements. I had to count, I knew I replaced the arrangement in the bathroom but couldn't remember if I put a 6th in the kitchen, you have to cycle these things.

edit:

It's going to be mounted in portrait mode in a place that currently does not have a display.

edit: gently caress, OK, I have 7 cut flower arrangements, 3 in the kitchen, 2 in the living room, 1 in the hallway and 1 in the bath room

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 10, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Wait I thought you were loaded. But you can't afford wallpaper?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a monitor inside the stove yet or is the grease splash monitor still lonely

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Obsessed with posting.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is there a go to goon approved standing desk or it basically just pick whatever uplift-fully-autonomous,amazonbasics, etc. whatever desk and call it good?

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
What's the thread favorite adjustable standing desk, and adjustable monitor arms? The wife wants a new desk for her home office. She has already vetoed the Husky work bench.

This is what she's looking at currently.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFF2TXR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1FSF18L0WKR7F&th=1
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T5SY43L/ref=ewc_pr_img_9?smid=AAO6TDKV4R7PK&psc=1

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is there a go to goon approved standing desk or it basically just pick whatever uplift-fully-autonomous,amazonbasics, etc. whatever desk and call it good?

If you are slightly handy you can build your own, that's my rec!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

South posted:

What's the thread favorite adjustable standing desk, and adjustable monitor arms? The wife wants a new desk for her home office. She has already vetoed the Husky work bench.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFF2TXR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1FSF18L0WKR7F&th=1
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T5SY43L/ref=ewc_pr_img_9?smid=AAO6TDKV4R7PK&psc=1

I bought those exact same monitor arms about two years ago and have had zero complaints. I pivot out my left hand monitor fairly frequently if my husband is at his desk so he can watch whatever I've got going and even with doing that 2-3 times a week they're still going strong. I love these arms, but I will say if you're a heavy typist it may jostle the arms up and down a bit. Most of the times I have no issue, but sometimes if I really get going the monitors bounce a little.

As for the standing desk, I actually got mine at IKEA. I got this one when it was on sale for 300$ off earlier this year and it's been amazing. You can program certain heights (I have it for my sitting height, high enough to get my chair under, standing height, and max height) and you can re-program them fairly easily. I also have a decent amount of weight on mine with the PC tower, both monitors, the arms, and misc other stuff, and it's never hitched or had a problem going up or down. It was easy to assemble too, my husband and I built both of ours after work one day and I think it took about 2-3 hours total?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
cheap boys/gals/enbys love the Husky standing desks

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

South posted:

and

I have both of these things (or versions of them) and they're totally great.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I got a dual motor desk frame and a solid wood acacia countertop from a hardware store. I saw something somewhat comparable for like $800+ given it's so large, I spent maybe $300. I drilled 6 holes into that countertop and kept $500 in exchange for my pain and suffering.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

South posted:

and

I purchased the L-shaped FEZIBO standing desk and really like it. I spent a long time looking at various desks and to me the FEZIBO ones had the best reviews and also looked the best in terms of the surface/design. Only paid $470 at the the time for some reason as well, it looks like it's usual price is $550-$600
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N48P781

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

My current system has a problem.

As you can see there are clearly still things that don't glow.

Thank God we as a society can solve this grave issue.

Glass off: :catdrugs:

Glass on:

Nightmare fuel: the back side of my case is also glass and only held with magnets on a hinge.

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 20, 2023

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

spunkshui posted:

Glass off: :catdrugs:

Glass on:

:krad:

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Goon setup before

And after
Still needs a bit more improvement once I remember to get longer cables or think of a better way.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I actually am more interested in the artwork above your desk. That is a lot of cats.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Is there something I can use to lift my keyboard and mouse? Preferably something a bit more elegant than a stack of books. I'm thinking of getting one of those treadmills for under my desk, but I don't have a standing desk either. I can already raise my monitors easily enough, so I'd just need to raise my keyboard and mouse.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Here's my current setup.

- 24" 1440p LG Display
- 9.7" ~$50 2K Display for Beeper + iMessage + Discord + Email
- GMMK Pro Keyboard
- MX Master 3 Mouse
- MiSTer for FPGA retro gaming up to Sega Saturn
- Steam Deck for PC gaming
- Arctic Summair Plus fan
- Cheap USB C Mic
- Hifman HE400se | Sennheiser HD6XX | Denon D2000 Headphones
- 13" Quad-core MacBook Pro for Webdev/UI UX work

Not Pictured:
- Stream Deck Pro that I picked up on Prime Day - really excited to play around with smart home automations and per-app hotkeys with it
- Aging SFF Gaming PC that likely won't get upgraded (PS5 + Steam Deck + Switch just gets way more use around our house)

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Verisimilidude posted:

Is there something I can use to lift my keyboard and mouse? Preferably something a bit more elegant than a stack of books. I'm thinking of getting one of those treadmills for under my desk, but I don't have a standing desk either. I can already raise my monitors easily enough, so I'd just need to raise my keyboard and mouse.

I searched "keyboard and mouse riser" and this came up. https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Ergonomic-Heavy-Duty-Workstations-DESK-V000P/dp/B07J1B36Y8

Looks like there are a few other options available on Amazon as well.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
It's a mess. But then it always is.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Dope Walkman, though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

It's a mess. But then it always is.

That’s some way to browse the forums there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

TraderStav posted:

That*s some way to browse the forums there.

Is this better?

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 21, 2023