Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Rereading the old Omega chapters and drat the Worm legit seemed threatening all the way up until Chapter 50, when Ohma and Raian appear to kick their asses in.

Prior to that you have them sneaking in, killing, and replacing fighters / Kengan Association staff. Like, the conversation where Idematsu tells Yamashita that the Fake!Mumon was using a different style of Snake Fist was a big moment where Yamashita realizes he might not even be able to trust the very people around him.

You have Yamashita learning that the Worm has been in contact with both his son and one of Japan's most notorious serial killers.

Then you have Xia Ji sneaking around and having his men steal Ohma's hair so Yamashita ends up with the wrong results.

And then you have one of Xia Ji's dudes kill the guy in charge of conducting tests for would-be fighters and that poo poo is loving brutal, the dude has the top part of his head sliced off via wire. That's loving gruesome poo poo.

And finally you have Xia Ji and his boys ready to kill both Koga and Yamashita.

And then after that Xia Ji and the Worms rapidly start becoming cartoonish evil dudes who never win a loving fight.

to be fair, it was really funny when Xia Ji turned out to be a super badass who was just too much of a lazy cowardly rear end in a top hat to make anything of it, so he was a total pushover unless he was terrified out of his goddamn mind

shame about the entire rest of the Worm, though. I think the worst part is that they all either die at the end of their first fight or are too high-ranking/sociopathic to hang out with anyone, so we don't get any post-fight bromances with them

the post-fight bromances are one of the best things about Kengan and it sucks when we miss out on them because of stupid poo poo like "this guy decided to kill himself in the ring to convince Ryuki that murder is good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I still wanna know why the worm bombed Italy.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Rereading the old Omega chapters and drat the Worm legit seemed threatening all the way up until Chapter 50, when Ohma and Raian appear to kick their asses in.

Prior to that you have them sneaking in, killing, and replacing fighters / Kengan Association staff. Like, the conversation where Idematsu tells Yamashita that the Fake!Mumon was using a different style of Snake Fist was a big moment where Yamashita realizes he might not even be able to trust the very people around him.

You have Yamashita learning that the Worm has been in contact with both his son and one of Japan's most notorious serial killers.

Then you have Xia Ji sneaking around and having his men steal Ohma's hair so Yamashita ends up with the wrong results.

And then you have one of Xia Ji's dudes kill the guy in charge of conducting tests for would-be fighters and that poo poo is loving brutal, the dude has the top part of his head sliced off via wire. That's loving gruesome poo poo.

And finally you have Xia Ji and his boys ready to kill both Koga and Yamashita.

And then after that Xia Ji and the Worms rapidly start becoming cartoonish evil dudes who never win a loving fight.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChazTurbo posted:

I still wanna know why the worm bombed Italy.

They're bombing everything these days.

Didn't Japan's underground + political powerhouses join forces to create an anti-worm coalition.

And then nothing came of that? Because it turned out that the Worm heads were planning on destroying/discarding the Worm anyways?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing came of it because they were politicians who lacked martial arts power levels.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What even happened to Xi after he got wrecked by Koga? I legitimately forgot. It's a shame all three of those guys turned out to be jokes. I didn't have any real expectation of them at the end of Asura outside they would be tough opponents leading into Tiger Niko. But I wasn't expecting Eddie to not kill anyone but a geriatric Kure, the other guy to explode himself using the advance, and Xi to turn out to be a literal clown.

Man I miss how the first 50 chapters at least kept the mystery and promise that these guys would do great things.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/e4gKGD/chapter-219/

Gotta admit, the audacity of having the new clone just being Ohma with a mustache got a laugh out of me

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
After all the drama about Ryuki looking like Ohma and people constantly confusing the two in the early chapters. If this connector is just Ohma with a mustache and nobody cottoned up to the fact I'll call bullshit.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they're not going to recognize him because of the mustache. I hope no one brings it up that he's just Ohma again. I don't even want to see a character being like "that's clearly Ohma with a mustache", just carry on with the story lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

"hello, my name is Ohma Incognito!"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Everything regarding Worm and the global effort against them continues being incredibly dumb.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I hope he is really proud of his mustache ,and that he changes the style after each fight.Hell, he could even change his fighting style to match each mustache, the comedy possibilities are endless

As an actual development it sucks but whatever, I'm here for the laughs at this point

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Scallop Eyes posted:

I hope he is really proud of his mustache ,and that he changes the style after each fight.Hell, he could even change his fighting style to match each mustache, the comedy possibilities are endless

As an actual development it sucks but whatever, I'm here for the laughs at this point

”I’ll give you a chance to kill me… I didn’t wax my moustache this morning…”

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I dont understand where the story is going lol

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

why didn't they just keep making a punchman manga about people punching each other for progressively more money or prestige or w/e instead of this incredibly stupid bullshit that retroactively soils my memory of Ashura being a top tier punchman story

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I'm mostly reading for Shen and Yan bickering like an old married couple at this point.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I'm mostly reading for Shen and Yan bickering like an old married couple at this point.

Basically this. I also like that Shen cares about the Worm about as much as the readers in this thread do. It's almost like an entire organization that sprung up around him and he just begrudgingly "leads" because its more convenient than having a job to pay for all the food he likes to eat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sextro posted:

Basically this. I also like that Shen cares about the Worm about as much as the readers in this thread do. It's almost like an entire organization that sprung up around him and he just begrudgingly "leads" because its more convenient than having a job to pay for all the food he likes to eat.

Evil superhuman Forrest Gump

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need to find the chapter where Yan is looking really nice and has a face veil.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xia Ji since like chapter 140

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WsygwTiLU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
You know, I find it kinda pleasant that the Connector making buddies with Koga's uncle wasn't just a one-time thing, and that they're just casually hanging out together months later.

Also, lol at Ohma's opponent.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sumo vs Wrestler fight was a cool rear end fight and honestly I do not appreciate calling Kiozan back out here to get styled on.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Ohma is an rear end in a top hat lol

This is gonna end with Sumo... is strong!! While Kiozan gets completely dumped on

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

yum posted:

Ohma is an rear end in a top hat lol

This is gonna end with Sumo... is strong!! While Kiozan gets completely dumped on

The moment Ohma took that charge head on I started to have violent flashbacks to Baki. I actually liked Kiozan in his Asura appearance because it was clear he had heart and room to grow. Seki brought out a lot of good in that fight and funny enough Kiozan might have been ideal for the Purgatory match since sumo and ring outs are in his wheelhouse. Shame what is about to happen.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Caidin posted:

Sumo vs Wrestler fight was a cool rear end fight and honestly I do not appreciate calling Kiozan back out here to get styled on.

Every fight Sekiyabashi's had has been a cool rear end fight.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The only way this fight would be interesting would be if Ohma lost. But lmao at the idea that that would ever happen.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Caidin posted:

My feelings exactly.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

I’m assuming this fight is going to showcase Ohma starting to learn the “principles” or whatever it was Shen was talking about for why he seemed so strong when Goah questioned if he had Superman Syndrome.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

team overhead smash posted:

I’m assuming this fight is going to showcase Ohma starting to learn the “principles” or whatever it was Shen was talking about for why he seemed so strong when Goah questioned if he had Superman Syndrome.

Turns out Ohma hasn’t taken a breath since they left the Inside

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Warden posted:

Every fight Sekiyabashi's had has been a cool rear end fight.

100% ENTERTAINER.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Hey, this fight is actually less bullshit than I anticipated. Slightly.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
At this point in Kengan Omega, that barely registers as bullshit. Surprisingly ok fight so far.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

If they follow through and just have Ohma lose I'll be happy. Which is why I know I'll be miserable in a week's time.
But good on Koizan for an absolute monster this chapter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I would love it if Ohma lost because he was playing around and didn’t take Kiozan seriously

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that'd be nice. but i'm sure he'll pull out some special move that is basically still flexing real hard.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
now that we've seen what our good friend Jackie Lee can do our protags are going to have to start pulling out some ridiculous achievements to stay competitive

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 223, where Sandro cannot keep his own continuity straight.

Kiozan already had 7 wins we he fought Sekiyabashi, it wasn't his debut.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Cool fight, people saying that Kiozan jobbed but he absolutely hosed up Ohma a bit and would be an even bigger challenge if he didn't kept on his sumo pride

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This fight wasn't that bad, Kiozan choosing his pride over a more effective move is a good development from his Seki fight.

It's just that I'm tired of the loving Niko style, and the "You were awesome" hyping up someone after they lose is already a meme, stop doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Everytime somebody ends a fight with a "Thanks, you made me stronger" I want Kuroki to explode their hand.