Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS KOMANDER 0 0%
SAMMY AND DANNY VS CASSIDY AND DARBY 8 11.59%
MAX AND ADAM VS BRIAN AND BIG 24 34.78%
RUBY VS SKYE 1 1.45%
NICK VS SWERVE 36 52.17%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

So what was the end of the OC/Lance match? In the building it just kind of ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jonny Nox posted:

So what was the end of the OC/Lance match? In the building it just kind of ended.

OC won by countout

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jonny Nox posted:

On tv the Toni Storm/Taya match just kinda ended. :)

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

Yeah they didn’t announce anything, it was weird

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

xbilkis posted:

OC won by countout

Booing Punk took a lot out of me

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

On tv the Toni Storm/Taya match just kinda ended. :)

Storm reversed Taya, I think.

People were trying pretty hard to cheer Taya, but we were pretty spent by Collision.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jonny Nox posted:

Storm reversed Taya, I think.

People were trying pretty hard to cheer Taya, but we were pretty spent by Collision.

Same here. BotB was more of a wind down from the incredible Collision. What a tag match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
1 - cowboy bebop vs young bucks
2 - ftr vs bcg 2
3 - young bucks/lucha bros cage match
4 - siog/acclaimed I

?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

graph posted:

siog/acclaimed I

God that match was so loving good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus remember that best of 7 series between Death Triangle and The Elite?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Jonny Nox posted:

Booing Punk took a lot out of me

thank you for your service o7

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
You know what?

These Battle of the Belt specials suck.

Out of the 4 title matches (including the tag match), not one single title changed hands. Not asking for it EVERY time but it's only happened once with Sammy in BOTB 2. It's bumming me out. :sigh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wait, a belt changed hands at a botb? i thought the running joke was that they dont lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They gave Sammy a fake belt once as like a weird physical representation of #1 Contendership. It was a weird thing AEW tried for awhile but nobody liked it so they got rid of it.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1680462961679409153?t=tYtuRUE8v4gso7JHOtlmGw&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, Brandon Cutler gets no respect.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1680465057086582787

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that sucks, didn't realize the guy actually got to do anything. :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus Christ, like people need to seriously get a grip. NO not around Don Callis' neck stop that! gently caress I seriously hope he's okay.

Did poo poo like that happen to Bobby Heenan?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

No offense to anyone, but is anyone else reporting this aside from Bryan?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They should change the name of Battle of the Belts so people shut the gently caress up about whether or not belts are going to change hands at those shows.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

They should change the name of Battle of the Belts so people shut the gently caress up about whether or not belts are going to change hands at those shows.

on the other hand they should just ignore the whiners and then ignore them again and reinstate the rankings

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

clash of the shampions

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jiro posted:

Jesus Christ, like people need to seriously get a grip. NO not around Don Callis' neck stop that! gently caress I seriously hope he's okay.

Did poo poo like that happen to Bobby Heenan?

I don't have the clearest memory of ye olden times, but from what I remember Heenan was more like Daffy Duck than Norman Osborn

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

Battle of the Belt specials suck.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Finally watching the amazing Collision tag match and just got to the first fall. That whole sequence was so incredibly well done. I went back and rewatched it half a dozen times. Juice is MVP of this match so far

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

battles of the belt are just house shows with worse challengers

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

Interesting, kelly was gone and commentary was mysteriously really good (except for the andrade el i-dole-oh curse). Nigel also seemed way more animated, which leads me to assume without further cause or evidence that he also doesn't like kelly that much. Tag match ruled. Would love to be able to dislike FTR in a more well-rounded way than "Dax is annoying" but somehow they keep ending up in phenomenal matches and closing that possibility off.

Can't work out if I would prefer Ricky big-timing Liger to lead to more Liger screentime on AEW, which I would appreciate, or for that ten seconds of disrespect to be the full fruits of Liger's efforts to get there, which I would appreciate for different reasons.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Minoru Suzuki Makes A Friend | Hey! (EW),
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz5h--Ip9LY

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Watching Collision.

First off, just lol at putting on a one hour PPV main event quality match to start your Saturday night free TV show. Tony is a madman and for once in a way that benefits all of us.

Match was really good, although not AS good as the FTR - Briscoes 2/3 falls. I think a part of that was that I didn't believe for a moment FTR were dropping the titles, until the Sharpshooter spot towards the end of the match, when I bit. But that's comparing to one of the literally best matches of all time, so not being as good isn't a huge slam.

What a great showcase for Switchblade and Robinson. A ton of good stuff from them, and I loved Switchblade doing the Shawn Michaels superkick tune up and then going into a Sharpshooter instead for nuclear heat. Also enjoyed Robinson's weird shrieking standing sentons.

I have to say I like the commentary booth of Riccaboni and McGuinness a lot better than McGuinness and Kelly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, I would NOT have called this finish to the Women's Owen finals.

Match was decent, love seeing Willow win it. Hopefully this is the start of a big push for her in AEW.

E: cowboy Tony Khan lol god drat

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Oasx posted:

Minoru Suzuki Makes A Friend | Hey! (EW),
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz5h--Ip9LY

8 minutes of RJ jokes and Suzuki grunts

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hail Satan, murder these geeks.

E: and another commentator who can't pronounce "Idolo".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 16, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ricky SHOULD win this, he's overdue for a real push. But Punk is probably going to win.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A ton of good stuff from them, and I loved Switchblade doing the Shawn Michaels superkick tune up and then going into a Sharpshooter instead for nuclear heat.

You use the move of the rival of the hometown hero, you get booed. You use the move of the hometown hero, you still get booed. There was no winning for poor Switchblade

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Ricky SHOULD win this, he's overdue for a real push. But Punk is probably going to win.

lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

lmfao

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yay Ricky. Match wasn't great but at least the right guy won.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The only complaint I would have regarding the tag match is that it would've been just as good without the first ten minutes, I'd have been perfectly okay with the slow start if they were going to tease a one hour draw but as it stands the opening might've had a little more timekilling than necessary. An absolutely insane contest otherwise, I'm delighted that Jay and Juice have found their footing in AEW and I hope their stellar work last night leads to bigger things for both men down the road. (FTR of course put on a fantastic performance as well but their greatness in AEW was already well established.)

I'm also really happy about the winners of the Owen, not only because Willow and Ricky are great choices but because their victories and the way they won set up some interesting future stories. Willow winning every match squeaky clean cements that she's on the run of a lifetime right now, a run which includes a victory over Athena that I suspect will setup a rematch for the ROH championship at DBD. Meanwhile, the way Ricky won (and the way he snatched the trophy from Liger afterwards) not only teases a heel turn but gives Punk an axe to grind - which fits right into his narrative of being the disrespected "real" champ.

A great, great show, so much so it more than made up for the total nothingburger that was BotB. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The only complaint I would have regarding the tag match is that it would've been just as good without the first ten minutes, I'd have been perfectly okay with the slow start if they were going to tease a one hour draw but as it stands the opening might've had a little more timekilling than necessary.

it was a Jay White match, yes